Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2016, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Who has an AAM album?

I notice in the bingo challenge threads that All About Me pages are a love/hate thing. Either you like doing them or you don't. It got me wondering as to how many of us scrap our own stories? Or do you just scrap the kids/family?

Several years ago I realised that should I pass away, there would be no one else who could tell my kids about me like I could. No one else knows what my life was like between the time I left home and the time I married my husband. I had a good 10 years in the military by then, and only I know those stories. So I started doing All About Me pages. I searched the web for AAM journalling prompts, and started answering them. It felt weird at first, because I was so used to scrapping someone else, but now, looking back, they are my most interesting pages, and my kids LOVE reading through them.

A lot of those pages are mostly journalling, because I don't have photos, but that's OK. It's a memory recorded. I haven't done so many AAM pages lately, but will try to do more this year.

There is likely to be an AAM prompt every month for BINGO, so by the end of the year you'll have a mini album of you for your posterity. If you don't already have an AAM album in the works, maybe this is a good opportunity to start one? If you already have one in the works, how is it going? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.