Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many CTs is too many?
2-3 7 8.05%
4-6 43 49.43%
7+ 37 42.53%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg
Default CT's--how many is too many?

How many CTs is too many? What's your view on this. Me personally, I do think it depends on the requirements and how much time you are willing to give to each designer. For me CTing is more than free goodies. I think I try and really give my all to the designers I create for so I try and do no more than 3 with 1 being a store lol...

Just wanted your opinion on this

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me, anything over four is too much. I'm spread way too thin at that point (the only time I'm ever thin!!), and don't feel like I can do a good job representing each designer and their work.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I agree that it depends on the designer and requirements. I have one or two who aren't super overachievers like a certain someone whose team I'm on :P So it's easy to be on those teams since it's less frequent. Store CT's obviously take up way more time though, so that's a whole other ball game. And there are people out there who don't work full time and have a job to juggle as well, lol.

But more than 5 or 6 is too too many I think.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think its a personal issue really-If you are able to rock it out for all your CT's and have 10 then its good...If you can't dedicate the time it takes to make each designer feel like you are doing your job and you only have two then its too many.

For me...I'm pretty happy right where I'm at 6 plus my girl Darcy so who is so easy to add to any lo-CT or not.
I would be lying if I'm not always watching for new ones...tempted to apply lots of times, but haven't in a long while.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Well being a SAHM whose son sleeps late and still lays down every afternoon I can manage the number I have right now without a problem. Some have heavier reqs than others so it all balances out in the end. I try to give as much as possible to the designers and have left CTs in the past because my style has changed and I didn't feel I could represent the designer as well.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I really think it depends on the person. If someone works outside the home and has small children, then I can totally see how they would think two to four is too many.

But, then there are people like me who don't work outside the home and have older kids in school all day. I can totally handle over seven (not on that many right now but have been) without being overwhelmed or shirking my responsibilities.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to Susan Toon Send a message via MSN to Susan Toon Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Toon

I ask myself this all the time. Because it appears I'm overextended...but a few of those I'm do not design often or their requirements are super easy to handle. So it really depends on who's CTs you're on.

Creating For: Melissa Bennett, Paislee Press, TaylorMade Designs, Cori Gammon, Kelley Mickus, Cinzia Loosemore and Julia Makotinsky
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was on 9 at one point and um yeah, I think that was too many! LOL I think my comfort zone is 3-4 but right now I'm really only doing SSD and Kay Miller, Shawna (who is here anyway)...oh and Michelle Underwood (but she's one of those really laid back ones too) and it's a perfect fit for me, course SSD is a big one. I agree with the above posters in that it totally depends on the mix of scrapper and their designers. Some designers are so laid back and may put out one product every 2-3 months and some have somethnig new every week. There are just so many variables to it.

pssssst..........don't anyone tell Shawna I had to edit my post to add her, rofl

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley

Last edited by Amy Carey; 07-09-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I'm a single working mother and anything more than 3 is way too much for me. Actually I prefer short guest stints most of the time. I'm ending a store ct this month and I will be left with 2 permanents and 1 guest gig each month til October. ( I will cry when I have to leave Melissa though )

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
I think its a personal issue really-If you are able to rock it out for all your CT's and have 10 then its good...If you can't dedicate the time it takes to make each designer feel like you are doing your job and you only have two then its too many.
I agree and I think it depends on a lot of different factors. I love my current teams, the designers, and what they make. For me that means I can do a page in an hour or so (unless I'm in one of my funky moods LOL) which doesn't take away from this or that thing that might be going on in real life. The answer is going to be different for different people.

facebook
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

depends on t he person.. we have some weirdos here who like to scrap 50 pages a week (hahaahhaha jk). .For ME.. 1 is a major struggle-- I don't know HOW people handle 3 4 5 6 7 8 23 teams but if they're keeping up and they're happy.. well I Don't care LOL.
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I agree with you all that it depends on who's CT we're on ... some designers are not that active and only make 2 kits in a month, but some are having even more than 2 in a weeks
And if we're a single player at home, don't have any work to do outside and have bigger children, we can scrap all day long
So if we combine both, I think even 10 CTs are possible

-----------------------------
FACEBOOK * BLOG
NEWS * TWITTER * PINTEREST
GOOGLE+ * SCRAPSTACKS
Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really think it depends.

I was on a CT before that required 3 layouts PER kit. That was crazy and the kits weren't easy to use. They also required 25 min. posts in their gallery or forum. I ended up quitting because it was just WAY too much work.

The teams I'm on right now are all super flexible and all here in one place which is awesome!!!! The layouts and hybrid stuff I'm creating are things that I'd normally create, so it doesn't feel like extra work to me.

I think it's important to know what the requirements are for each team so that you can balance each of them. I know some girls that are on 10 + teams and honestly I don't know how they do it.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ITA that is really depends on your other commitments (jobs, etc.) and what requirements your current CT's have. Some don't require much at all and that allows you to be able to take on more. It really is a personal choice. Just because I am on x amount of CT's doesn't mean I can't give 100% to them. I know what I can and can't handle and won't take on anything that I shouldn't.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am on 5 right now...a few of them aren't very busy so they don't release a kit very often to the requirements are pretty easy....I think I could handle just one more....I would love to get into SSD more as i seem to really be able to scrap with the designers here...but until then I will stick to the ones I have

I am a SAHM for right now too...I will be starting school in Aug but only 3 classes so it shouldn't mess me up to much!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now neither of my LO CTs are super active, although the one CT I'm on is becoming more active b/c she is designing more lately. I am a hybrid CTer for Blythe, so I'm not as busy as her digi LO girls who have more requirements.

I've been watching for opportunities b/c I would like to be on an active CT where I could create a few times a week, as opposed to once a week or less.

I could handle my 3 not-so-active CTs, and 1-2 active CTs. With working FT and having a 13 month old - there is no way I would take on more than that!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I think it hinges on too many things to judge. I think I've been on as few as one and as many as 7. Sometimes 7 was too much. Sometimes 1 was too much! If I have to step down from CT's it is always due to life being too busy or extended illnesses on me or my family's parts...there are times in my life that I'm just too busy to scrap. During the first 2/3 of my pregnancy was like this. I was on only one team and could barely handle it. Right now, I have nuthin' but time so I can handle more CT's. Not seven, but several
Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yep it depends on the designers. There are times when my load seems heavy, but there are other times when I am fine. It depends on my family and my deisgners.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the perfect solution....

If SSD would make me a babe, I'd only be on one team!! LOL
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamaraGugler View Post
I have the perfect solution....

If SSD would make me a babe, I'd only be on one team!! LOL
Me too! Well, plus Lauren's. I'm a goat forever and tough to get rid of LOL

facebook
Old 07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I agree with the other girls, it depends on the amount of time you have and who's CTs you are on. I'm a fast scrapper and some of my designers move on the slower side so I don't have any trouble meeting my requirements and then some for all my teams .

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

Last edited by gypsystar; 07-09-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it depends. Some people are quick scrappers and have the time to spend on scrapping a lot so they can afford to have more. I am a designer and although I don't design a lot, I don't think I could handle more than than 3 full time CTs. I just don't want to let down anyone and not give it my all. I am loving the CTs I am on right now and would disappoint myself if I didn't give it my all every day.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

Yeah, I agree that it depends on a combination of factors: designer requirements, the time a person can offer, etc. I think a good balance can be found for each person so that they are still enjoying scrapping and can uphold their commitments.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally agree that it depends. I am on quite a few and minus the past month where we had it pretty rough I have managed to swing it all. I agree it depends on the designer, commitments time etc. Plus Im a fast scrapper so I suppose that factors it in. I def scrap for the commarderie (did I spell that right) I genuniley enjoy the teams, the friendships and getting to know the designers. The goodies are a perk but not an important one for me personally. Just my two cents though.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also agree it depends on the person. I always get my requirements done and then some. Like Melissa's team she only requires 3 layouts a month, well in the month of May I think I did over 10! Thats when she debuted here at SSD so there was lots of stuff to play with.

All my teams are real laid back and Im happy about that

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsierra View Post
Yeah, I agree that it depends on a combination of factors: designer requirements, the time a person can offer, etc. I think a good balance can be found for each person so that they are still enjoying scrapping and can uphold their commitments.
My thoughts exactly- in fact, one of my CTs has added to her team and made me her enabler at DST. So now I have different requirements for her (way easy too)!

Creating great layouts and having fun with products you love is what it is all about for me.

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!

Last edited by schock77; 07-09-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: can't type worth a darn!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Personally I don't think I could do more than 2-3 full time spots and random guest positions, but I err on the 'doing too little' side of things.

It really depends on the designers & the person. I don't think there is one answer.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If I ever can't find the time to scrap what I want to scrap becuase I have too many CT LO's to catch up on, and if I find myself dreading having to do another CT layout because I can't figure out what to do with a kit then I'm on too many. And I've had to quit a few CT's in the past because of this for sure. Right now I'm on three, and it's on the edge of being too many... but two are hybrid and one is regular so I do get to do different things.

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

Absolutely depends on the designer's requirements. One of my designers is a slave driver But seriously, I'm on teams where it's take what you want, use what you want. I think it would be very difficult to be required to scrap more than once with a kit (I've done it, but not because I had to). Since I work full-time, it's a little harder for me to get as many LO's done per week as I would like, so I really need to limit the CT's I'm on. BUT (and it's a big one, too ), everything I create is because I would have done it anyway and probably bought the product, so I don't feel like I'm forced into creating something just to meet a requirement.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it all depends on the person and the actual designers they are creating for. I am comfortable where I'm at now with 6, because I was scrapping that much anyway, so CT or not, I'm still scrapping so there was no big difference.

I know that I want to give the teams that I'm on the time and attention that they deserve and if I hit a point where I feel like I can't do that, then I'll know I need to re-evaluate.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I'm another one who thinks it really depends on the person and the requirements of the designer. I'm comfortable with the 2 I'm on but would consider a couple more if the requirements were right for my schedule.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

For me as a scrapper and designer..LOL...I'm pushed with the ones I have, at least they're lax

For me as a designer looking at possible CT members, I like to see around 3 or less preferably
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I agree it depends on may diff factors. I'm having a bit of a hard time now b/c I have no mo jo but I'm hoping that will pass soon.

Personally I feel I have to be on some CTs b/c if I weren't I'd have no idea what to scrap . Plus I do enjoy being part of a team.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I really think it depends on the person, and the requirements. Honestly, some people have a lot of CTs, but do a good job of managing them all. I am on 6, and as long as my mojo is there, I have no problems doing the LOs that are required.

I'm with Jac, I was scrapping this much anyway, so it hasn't been any extra work for me. I try to do a page at least every day, though the past few days, it's been so stankin hot, I haven't had any energy to move, never mind think LOL

ETA that if I were on a store team, I'm sure I would have to re-evaluate what I was doing, there'd be no way I could handle more than 6 CTs AND a store CT. Last fall I was on 5 teams, and when I was bombed at work, I had to reevaluate and resign from 3 of them. If I can't give what I need to my teams, I will resign from them to give someone else with more time, the opportunity.

ETA again: Now that I'm on the CTs I was buying and scrapping with anyway, it makes life easier all around LOL. I was scrapping with it anyway!

Last edited by newfiemountiewife; 07-09-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am on three full time (SSD, Sausan Designs and Gina's at Weeds, but hers is VERY lax). Then I have guested around for the last couple months. Come August when my last guest spot is done I will most likely just stick with my three spots. That seems to be a good number for me!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can handle 4-6 with no problem if one of them isn't a store. I definitely like to give my all to my designers. I adore the designers that I create for, so that makes it SO easy to scrap with their goodies. The requirements for my teams are incredibly easy for me, because I scrap so often too. Scrapping with a product within a week of release is a piece of cake!! It really all depends on who you're creating for and what their requirements are and what your commitments are, I think. Pretty much, I think the same as everyone else. I guess I could have said that and not had to type so much, LOL!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i think that it is silly to be on ct's just for the free goodies although those are fabulous. it is really important to evaluate how much time you can devote, whether you love their products or not and to every so often reevaluate your scrapping situation. for me i think 4-5 is plenty, but then again i am newish and i am not a SAHM. for those that are and can rock em out, i would say if they have 10 and can manage they can manage a few more...no biggie. it's like those ubber-huge families who can manage a grip of kids...ya know.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As mentioned, I think it depends on the time you have to devote to the designers and the amount of work each designer puts out - Currently, I only have one designer who designs on a regular basis - Penny (3 to 4 weeks a month), so even though I am on 3 teams, I still have time to take on another 1 or 2 more frequent designers...KWIM?

Interesting poll!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1279 View Post
yep it depends on the designers. There are times when my load seems heavy, but there are other times when I am fine. It depends on my family and my deisgners.
totally agree! Some weeks, I am feelin overwhelmed, but all in a good way (cause it's a challenge to work creatively like that), and other weeks, there is nothing to do, so I go back and play with stuff that maybe is older, or mix and match.
I only work outside the home 4 hours a day (5 days a week), and all but one kiddo is in school full days starting in the fall, and the little guy still naps (which happens to be when I get home, before the others get home from school). And I stay up late to be with hubby, so I have time, that is never an issue for me.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
i think that it is silly to be on ct's just for the free goodies although those are fabulous. it is really important to evaluate how much time you can devote, whether you love their products or not and to every so often reevaluate your scrapping situation. for me i think 4-5 is plenty, but then again i am newish and i am not a SAHM. for those that are and can rock em out, i would say if they have 10 and can manage they can manage a few more...no biggie. it's like those ubber-huge families who can manage a grip of kids...ya know.
Gotta agree with you here. The CTs that I am on are because I LOVED their products and scrapped with them before I ever applied to their calls.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nov05mama

I think it really depends on how much time you have to devote to your CT's as well. I am fortunate to be a SAHM and have a good napper LOL!!!
I am on 4 CT's currently...2 store CT's (Scrap Orchard and Benevolent Boutique), 1 here (Eva Kipler) and 1 that is actually for blinkie/blog design (DigiKeepsakes).
I know that I do a TON of pages a week, even before I was on CT's I was doing a lot, so for me, being on 4-5 CT's works...but for others, it wouldn't, KWIM? It also depends on the requirements for each.
I think each person knows what they can handle and should take that into account. I know it gets exciting to see all the calls and think "oh wow" but then realize you are in over your head or you can't even really use the designers kits like you want to.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I currently am on 6 CTs and have applied for a 7th. In my app for this 7th team, I made it very clear that her team would be my last/limit, so there you go.

This works well for me as I am kidless and petless and have a boyfriend who works and goes to school FT. To conserve energy as well as expend it the best way possible, I've been focusing on only applying for new CTs here. It is so much easier for me to be able to post the bulk of my CT layouts, be active in the forums/gallery, & keep up with the CT forums at one site, and that's why I'm able to balance 6 total.

2 of the other 3 non-SSD CTs have no official requirements, and while the other is a store CT, it is only a four person store and has a large active store CT.

If any of these factors were different --- a bigger store, stricter reqs, had a husband or kids, or CTs all over the digi world --- it would be far too much for me to keep up with.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think it definitely depends on the person and the requirements of each one. For me 7 or more is too much. Most of mine are SUPER laid back and are kind of like "Just do LO's when you can" without any set requirements. And the ones with set requirements aren't overpowering at all.

I just want everyone to know (well the designers who have CT calls that I applied for), that I would only ever join a CT if I truly loved the community that designer sold at and was a HUGE fan of the designer. For me it is much more than just some free goodies. I have a great relationship with my CT's and joined because I truly wanted to get to know that person and become an active member of the community.

Some people here can tell you that I am everywhere! lol! I am such a people person and I love the whole scrapping community and it is such a joy for me to be with the people that I am. I am a SAHM mom who is a slight insomniac, so I am always up until 3 or so in the morning, so I have no problems meeting any of my requirements so far.

So that's my take, lol!

ETA: This is such an interesting thread!! I will also say that the more laid back a designer is the easier it is for me to go overboard with their products. I have had some that required at least 2 LO's with each kit and when I *had* to do that many it was really hard at times. But my CT's that are just like "Do whatever you want...just at least 1 LO" I feel so much more creative!!

Last edited by crystalbella77; 07-09-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

I hope that as someone with no CT commitments (not for a lack of trying,lol), I'd still have to say it would really depend on the designers' requirements and how much time you'd have to commit to them.
From someone on the outside looking in, let me tell ya, I see some of you that are on more than 4 or 5 and wonder how you all do it all,lol. It's all a matter of how much you're able to commit to for your designers.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is interesting to read everyone's thoughts on this. I see some of you scrappers popping out amazing page after amazing page, on quite a few cts, and I'm in awe!!! LOL. I know I couldn't manage 5+ myself(shoot, I'd probably draw the line at 3)! I'm only on one right now, not here, but I'd like one here - I've got a few faves who's designs I'm in love with. I think it would be so awesome to 'work' for them...LOL. I've gotta say, that'd be a big thing for me. As someone who occasionally will buy a kit based on one amazing ct LO, I'd love to be able to have a shot at putting my work out there for a designer, ya know?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2aria06

I think I am the only person here that hasn't been on a CT lol! I am a single mom and go to grad school so I think my dream gig would be to find one or two CTs that I liked and commit myself to those. My classes end today (woohoo) so starting tomorrow I am really going to commit myself to scrapping so that I might have a chance to be on a CT even though most of the designers here have already had their calls.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well it totally depends on the person I guess, I'm on 10 teams, the Shabby Princess isn't super busy and Karah is also pretty laid back. I'm dedicated to every designer I ct for, if I weren't I wouldn't do it or step down. Last summer I was on 9 I think when I found out I was pregnant with Cooper and couldn't keep up, so I stepped down. But I think I'm one of those weirdos that Lauren was talking about. I do anywhere betwee 10-15 LO's a week and I also do 2 LO's per kit.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I actually do 8 right now, 2 being stores. I have time to scrap though since I only work part-time and like 3 of those are haven't put anything out in months and 1 is closing down now. Only a couple really require a normal out from me.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 2 right now and am loving the "no pressure" each week!!! I find my creativity soars when I'm not under pressure to create. I also work full time so I'm limited to one-two layouts a week.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

It's been interesting to read what everyone thinks. For myself, I know I can handle 6 teams and no more than that. However, I have decided to only ct for SSD designers right now, so I've been applying to the calls here and not anywhere else. Not that that's gotten me anywhere, but that's life. LOL