Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Choose Your Own Adventure in Scrapbooking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2024, 06:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Baker's Dozen for January 2024: Share your photos here!

Did you see the news on our blog, Facebook, or Instagram? We've launched a new monthly photo challenge here at the Sweet Shoppe and we want to see your photos!

It's the Baker's Dozen Photo Challenge. If shooting a photo every single day is too much to keep up with, you're going to love the Baker's Dozen approach. Each month, I'll give you a list of thirteen prompts, and you'll use them to inspire your photography.

Here are the photo prompts for January:

As you work your way through this list, we want you to come back to this thread and share your photos with us! And to sweeten the deal, we're offering a prize. For each image you post - up to a total of 13 - you'll get your name added to our random drawing. At the end of the month, one person will win their choice of a kit or template trio or quad from the Sweet Shoppe!

So grab your camera, get to shooting, and come back here to share your work. I can't wait to see what images you capture this month!

Old 01-16-2024, 06:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Reserved for questions and answers...

Old 01-16-2024, 07:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Prompt: 24
My best friend does a simple, classy, festive display on her mantle each month. I captured this image when we had dinner together shortly after New Year's ... a perfect shot for the prompt "24".

Prompt: layers
Cold weather in Texas means it's time to whip up a pot full of chili. Beans or no beans, pre-made seasoning mix or seasoned by hand, as long as it meat and tomato sauce and is lovely and warm, it's all good. Before I stirred it all up, I captured this image of the layers of ingredients in my crock-pot.

Prompt: self portrait
My mantra for 2024 is "don't wait until things are perfect to take the photo." Which is why the night before my birthday, as I sat in bed recovering from a week-long stomach flu, I decided to capture a self portrait - despite the fact I looked like death warmed over. This is real life.

Prompt: cold
We had a wicked cold front descend on us in Dallas this past weekend. My Maltese-Yorkshire Terrier mix, Charlie, loves to roam and explore our half-acre backyard; we usually give him daytime access through his dog door, but with a wind chill of 5 below, I was keeping the door firmly blocked. He was insistent, though, so I wrestled him into a thick sweatshirt and followed him outside. His unhappiness with his outerwear changed the moment that frigid wind came whipping through the yard. And I promptly shot this photo and went back inside. Brrrr!

Prompt: snuggle
This shot makes a good follow-up to the "cold" image of Charlie - here he is that night, all snuggled into his dog bed, covered by not one but two fuzzy blankets, his head burrowed into his pillow. The epitome of "snuggle".

Prompt: new beginning
There's all kinds of new beginnings you can capture in the month of January. This one has nothing to do with the new year - it's my next sewing project. I'm finally going to make myself a much-needed winter coat from a blue brushed bull denim, lined with this vibrant charmeuse print and interlined with thick cotton flannel.

Old 01-16-2024, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm including ones already taken, only in Jan of course

I absolutely love this challenge, how fun.

This is In My Cup.

My grandson, Gabriel got a training sippy cup and it is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. (I say that about everything he does)

Layers Spanish moss never seizes to awe me. Talk about layers!? I love taking nature pics, too.

Snuggle

Cold this used to be my son's boyfriend... now it's his fiance That is their dog, Monroe and she is hating our current cold weather lol. Poor pupper.

Self Portrait (with a major cold))

First Thing taken right before the sick selfie lol. Honestly the worst cold in years, still coughing some 3 weeks in

New Beginning

Goal this is one panel from a granny square sweater that I am making. The next goal in this process is to weave in 544 yarn ends.

Ty Amy for this idea. This is my shadow!

Ice

Organize This is how I organize my photos for the year so I know what I will be scrapping.

Last edited by tanyiadeskins; 01-31-2024 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
This is In My Cup.
My grandson, Gabriel got a training sippy cup and it is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. (I say that about everything he does)
Tanyia, this photograph is just fantastic! I love the close-up on Gabriel's chubby little hand with all those sweet dimples at his knuckles.

Old 01-17-2024, 11:48 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Tanyia, that is SUCH a fun take on that prompt! Absolutely LOVE that!!
Old 01-18-2024, 07:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

bump. Surely someone else wants to play, too
Old 01-20-2024, 06:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love this Challenge!
Here's what I did for now:

Tanyia, I love your picture, how cute and what a great milestone!
Old 01-21-2024, 08:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I'm collecting photos... added a couple more this morning! This is fun! Here's one I have for cold.... on our first day of real snow.

And here's in my cup.. a cute Christmas gift from a student!

Old 01-24-2024, 10:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Love this Challenge!
Here's what I did for now:

Tanyia, I love your picture, how cute and what a great milestone!
Omigosh - All your photos are terrific, but the one you shot for "shadow" is simply lovely! What a creative shot!

Old 01-24-2024, 10:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I'm collecting photos... added a couple more this morning! This is fun! Here's one I have for cold.... on our first day of real snow.
You knocked out two prompts with one shot - both "cold" and "selfie"! I'm jealous - we've just got nasty rain and ice here in DFW. I'd love to see some snow flurries!

Old 01-25-2024, 05:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Tanyia that moss photo needs to be framed on a wall!!!!!

Here is my Bakers Dozen! Loved this so much! I had a great time! Thank You!

NEW BEGINNING--I have never (I know real mature and adult of me) taken off my makeup or had a skin care routine... But now I do! Yeah me!

24--The calendar I made for my office/library for 2024

COLD--Visited the home of my Great, great, great, great Grandparents and the cellar where they stored the cheese they made was untouched, and cold. It was awesome.

SNUGGLE-- These two slept like that for over two hours! Married over two years and still in love...

IN MY CUP-- Dr Pepper ZERO Cheery flavor with a touch of coconut creamer

A GOAL-- I HAVE to get the LEGO Christmas village down before the end of the month! LOL I just don't want to! It takes sooooo long to put up and I may just put it off longer but John wants his workout space back.

LAYERS--- Been gutting and cleaning and organizing my books and the end result is layer after layer of beautiful literature!

ORGANIZE--Our master bathroom has one tiny vanity with very little space so I had to work with what I had to add my new face care product! it worked!

SHADOW--yup... my shadow....

ICY--These guys shared a huge ice cream while I watched and drooled and was a good girl.

Self Portrait-- I just love my library

3 of a Kind-- Now that LEGO puts their minifigures in boxes I can't use my special talent of feeling for each figure. But I figured out a pretty good system and only got a few duplicates... except this guy. I really wanted three goats! My LEGO nativity and farm really needed some goats.

FIRST THING-- AS SOON as Jan rolled around I headed to the eye doctor. I had my screening months ago and my eyes are way worse AND for the last three months my glasses are literally being held together with electrical tape! But insurance says I wasn't due for new glasses until Jan 1st so there ya go.

Last edited by amyjcaz; 01-25-2024 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Omigosh - All your photos are terrific, but the one you shot for "shadow" is simply lovely! What a creative shot!
Thank you so much Angie
Love yours!
Old 01-28-2024, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my latest:

A goal: This is my daughter's last conjugation assessment and despite her dysorthography and dyslexia, she performed very well. It was an important goal for her. I love the teacher's encouragement.

Three of a kind: My fave scented candle was on sales. It's traditional apple tart perfume.

First thing: I need my antihistaminic everyday.

Layers: Participation of my daughter lol

24: Well 24 minutes

Organize: Our English muffin basket in the kitchen, this is what we eat every morning with butter and jam or Nutella for my son.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Here's my latest:

A goal: This is my daughter's last conjugation assessment and despite her dysorthography and dyslexia, she performed very well. It was an important goal for her. I love the teacher's encouragement.

Three of a kind: My fave scented candle was on sales. It's traditional apple tart perfume.

First thing: I need my antihistaminic everyday.

Layers: Participation of my daughter lol

24: Well 24 minutes

Organize: Our English muffin basket in the kitchen, this is what we eat every morning with butter and jam or Nutella for my son.
I just bought myself that rainbow in pastel colors for my library! They are just so so cute! And I think that photo is my favorite because I love that you had your daughter participate!

Old 01-30-2024, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjcaz View Post
I just bought myself that rainbow in pastel colors for my library! They are just so so cute! And I think that photo is my favorite because I love that you had your daughter participate!
Awww Thank you Amy! I love the pastel one too! I would love having this one for me too!
I bought the bold one a long time ago for their library and play, I still love it. They don't play with it anymore but it's really cute. This is super nice what you said. She loves to know what I do and trying to help with ideas, she is really creative, I hope she can do some scrap but she seems to be more in manual arts!Maybe paper scrap!lol!
I love your picture with the three goats! And my daughter is amaze (and me too) at your Lego village!
Old 01-30-2024, 02:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awww Thank you Amy! I love the pastel one too! I would love having this one for me too!
I bought the bold one a long time ago for their library and play, I still love it. They don't play with it anymore but it's really cute. This is super nice what you said. She loves to know what I do and trying to help with ideas, she is really creative, I hope she can do some scrap but she seems to be more in manual arts!Maybe paper scrap!lol!
I love your picture with the three goats! And my daughter is amaze (and me too) at your Lego village!
Oh you HAVE to show her the video!!! It shows a lot more of the fun details! I don't post much on instagram so it is the second video on my Instagram! Amy J Caz Instagram

Old 01-30-2024, 04:09 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Here are my first nine pics

Here are my first nine pics
Cold - we had a cold supper
First thing - my breakfast
Goal - flipping a pancake
In My Cup - a delicious chocolate milkshake
Layers - the bark on our bottlebrush tree
Selfie - my and my Gnomie
Shadow - after the raain and the sun came out
3 of a kind - sisters and sisters-in-law or 3 oldies
Organise - my scrapping layouts

Last edited by CathQuillScrap; 01-30-2024 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just love this challenge so very much! Tried to keep up with the prompts this month - and going to double check it today so I can snag last minute photos I need!

I think I just need icy - so hopefully that can be captured tonight!
bakers-dozen

Last edited by clucaswvu04; 01-31-2024 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all for playing along with our January Baker's Dozen! We had a total of 60 photos submitted, and with the help of random.org, number 27 is our winner, which - according to my spreadsheet - belongs to Amyjcaz! Congratulations, Amy - I'll be contacting you shortly to find out which kit or template trio/quad you'd like for your prize.

The February Baker's Dozen will hit the blog shortly, so stay tuned for more inspiration - and I hope I'll see you all again in this month's sharing thread!

Old 02-04-2024, 08:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awww That is such an awesome surprise! This was so much fun! Thank you!

Old 02-05-2024, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Amy!
Old 02-05-2024, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjcaz View Post
Oh you HAVE to show her the video!!! It shows a lot more of the fun details! I don't post much on instagram so it is the second video on my Instagram! Amy J Caz Instagram
Oh just see this, we're going to see! Thank you Amy!