Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: Procrastination 04/08

I've been sitting with my coffee and book this morning, wanting to finish it, not wanting to get on with my day, so that got me thinking about today's question....

Other than scrapbooking,are you a procrastinator? If so, with what? Does it happen often or are you take charge kind of person and get things done in a timely manner?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am....in a big way! I knew that I had a million things to do today, that the sooner I got started, the more chance I had to accomplish a lot of what I need to do.....but..... instead I sat for almost an extra hour, reading my book "The Cruel Prince". I want to finish it today.

I seem to work well under pressure. I always get things done when there is a timeline but often I am going at warp speed to complete something.

Like gardening...I don't enjoy it. I love to see my pretty garden blooming, I just don't like doing the work, so I leave it until it absolutely has to be done then I get out there for a morning or two and plow full steam ahead, weeding, trimming, dead-headings, etc and then am sore for a week LOL. But....I do get it done.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'll come back to this later....

Old 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I struggle when I have too much idle time or a schedule that is too flexible. My brain runs in a million directions & I become overwhelmed with possibility and end up doing nothing at all. I work much better when I have so/too much to do and just enough time to do it so I can focus and accomplish and move on.

So yes, I procrastinate depending on the situation because most things don't take nearly as long as other people think they do. I am not as good at slowing down and taking up all the time allotted if I don't actually need that time.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Old 04-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Carrie - you cracked me right up when I read that!!!! lol
Old 04-08-2019, 06:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Carrie!!!!!

Quote:
Old 04-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I procrastinate with certain things I don’t like doing, like cleaning and making phone calls. I could do laundry or grocery shop or a dozen other things but some things I just avoid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Back when I was in school I would always do the subjects I loved first when it came to homework. And the stuff I hated I waited til the last minute.

Now I always try to do everything right away and get to do the fun stuff after I'm done with the work. My husband is the other way around and when I ask him something and it's not a priority for him... it drives me nuts!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Generally no. Of course there are exceptions for things that are both low urgency and I just don't like doing, lol. If it's high urgency, I will do it regardless of whether I like it because I hate having "tasks" looming over me.

My philosophy is that if I have to keep coming back to something, it's wasting an inordinate amount of my time that I could be using for something else, so it's best to just bite the bullet and get it done as soon as I can. For example, I almost always reply to work emails the first time I read them unless it's just not practical to do so ... if not, I have to re-read, etc. and it ends up taking way more of my time. Or someone would have to waste their time reminding me.

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 04-08-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I like to get things out of my way as soon as possible, so I do my best to not procrastinate. The thing that I do a lot, which I hate, is trying to plan things in my head and annoying myself by second-guessing/contemplating on the plan.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a procrastinator. I procrastinate on work (because I work at home and set my own hours), exercising, cleaning, and annoying tasks like filling out paperwork or calling insurance lol. I wish I wasn't, but I am! As I've gotten older, I've become very familiar with my tendencies, so when I'm being good, I will purposely try to do all those things first thing in the morning. It makes my day so much better.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cindi - I'm with you.....cleaning can wait

Lea - I want to be more like you I am trying to not procrastinate so much. I'm better but need to work on it.

Sheri - what you say makes sense....you sound so organized!

Sherly - I don't second guess much so I'd gladly share that abiilty with you if you could share your non-procrastination with me

Kelley - me too....I am trying to get more done in the morning, knowing that as the day goes on I tend to procrastinate more.