Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-28-2020, 10:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default New Fall Craziness

It has been so crazy the last couple months.... I have not had a moment to scrap..... I have a new batch of one year olds (fun but I am plumb worn out by night time!!!) finally tonight had a chance to make a page. They all left early and I grabbed a nap!!!!!

Hubby and I were supposed to have a little "safe" getaway this weekend but out Pitt girl wanted to come home for a weekend break, so we rescheduled.

How is everyone elses start to fall??

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-29-2020, 06:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh man that does sound tiring with abunch of 1 year olds. lol
Naps are life though!!!!

Fall is going ok here!

Old 09-29-2020, 06:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Surprisingly busy. My older daughter ended up having a marching band and cross country season. Granted they are weird and different, but it's something. There is only one more band performance, but XC doesn't end until late October. . .hopefully. . .because you never know any more.

Have fun with the little ones!
Old 09-29-2020, 06:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Oh man that does sound tiring with abunch of 1 year olds. lol
Naps are life though!!!!

Fall is going ok here!
So glad your Fall is going good so far!!! That nap was heavenly!!!

Old 09-29-2020, 06:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Surprisingly busy. My older daughter ended up having a marching band and cross country season. Granted they are weird and different, but it's something. There is only one more band performance, but XC doesn't end until late October. . .hopefully. . .because you never know any more.

Have fun with the little ones!
I am also surprised by how busy we seem... even with all the changes going on. They are fun, but they keep me on my toes big time!!!! Our chiropractor knew right away I was carring around babies again...lol

Old 09-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Fall has been busier than I expected so far... Our school has been online-only since the first day (they plan to go back in 3 weeks) and the management of that has kept me busy-- keeping track of Zoom meeting times, workbooks, taking & submitting photos of assignments, etc.
Our household goods shipment arrived on Friday, so now I'm unpacking, again, slowly but surely. I really just finished unpacking the stuff that was delivered from storage, and now I feel I'm right back where I started!
Old 09-29-2020, 08:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're getting crazy busy too! My daughter's club softball team has been playing in a Saturday doubleheader league, plus 2x/week practices, both kids are deep in distance learning (not my favorite AT ALL!) and I'm SO crazy busy at work trying to catch up from when we were closed. The schedule is looking a lot lighter come November, so I'll take it! I'm also doing a work from home gig on my off days doing dental insurance verifications- so I've been living in the office & it's taking up all my scrappy time! Thankfully, I'm getting the hang of that & am able to work ahead & not as crazy as when I first started!
Old 09-29-2020, 09:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our school is online. I teach 3 classes, and I supervise my 3rd grader at home. (We're just assuming our middle schooler & high schooler are getting stuff done independently.) I am super overwhelmed, mostly because when I start to feel overwhelmed, I comfort myself with Netflix, so then my to-do list piles up and up and up. I told my mom the other day, "You can't even feel sorry for me because all my problems are my own fault." But it's still the pits.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:09 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It's not fall at my end of the woods and it's crazy HOT and humid!
My hands are full with a rambunctious 8yo doing online school and a 2-weeks old baby at the moment, so that's craziness on my end.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just hit fall temps -- 50s and 60s -- this week.

The kids are doing virtual schooling through December and just changed schedules again & I started a new (permanent) work-from-home job a couple weeks ago so we are figuring out a rhythm to our three schedules. My daughter switches from live teaching to independent study every hour while my son has all of his live instruction blocked together in the afternoon, and they eat lunch from 11:10-12 while I don't have a break for lunch until 12:15 or 12:30.

October is my second most-photographed month of the year (after December, of course) so I'm hoping we can adjust and still enjoy our fall activities without being too tired. I know that I'm being more cautious than most other local people I know so I've been waiting to see how the pumpkin patch, Zoo Boo, trick-or-treat, etc. was going to handle safety precautions/crowd control before committing to anything.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Fall has been busier than I expected so far... Our school has been online-only since the first day (they plan to go back in 3 weeks) and the management of that has kept me busy-- keeping track of Zoom meeting times, workbooks, taking & submitting photos of assignments, etc.
Our household goods shipment arrived on Friday, so now I'm unpacking, again, slowly but surely. I really just finished unpacking the stuff that was delivered from storage, and now I feel I'm right back where I started!
Silly me thought with mostly grown kids, it would calm down more..... nope....

And yay for getting all your stuff, but boo to all that work.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
We're getting crazy busy too! My daughter's club softball team has been playing in a Saturday doubleheader league, plus 2x/week practices, both kids are deep in distance learning (not my favorite AT ALL!) and I'm SO crazy busy at work trying to catch up from when we were closed. The schedule is looking a lot lighter come November, so I'll take it! I'm also doing a work from home gig on my off days doing dental insurance verifications- so I've been living in the office & it's taking up all my scrappy time! Thankfully, I'm getting the hang of that & am able to work ahead & not as crazy as when I first started!
Distance learning is not my fave either.... I'm hoping we get to go back next week.... it's only hybrid, so two days in school, rest still online at home. But my fingers are crossed!!

Old 09-30-2020, 06:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Our school is online. I teach 3 classes, and I supervise my 3rd grader at home. (We're just assuming our middle schooler & high schooler are getting stuff done independently.) I am super overwhelmed, mostly because when I start to feel overwhelmed, I comfort myself with Netflix, so then my to-do list piles up and up and up. I told my mom the other day, "You can't even feel sorry for me because all my problems are my own fault." But it's still the pits.

I can't imagine teaching online and having my own little ones school to keep up with....
I have been comforting myself with a lot of coffee.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
It's not fall at my end of the woods and it's crazy HOT and humid!
My hands are full with a rambunctious 8yo doing online school and a 2-weeks old baby at the moment, so that's craziness on my end.
It was super hot n humid here too, we turned the AC back on.
Yes, you do have super full hands, especially with a new born!!! But ohthose new baby cuddles must be soooo nice!!! I miss those quiet moments just staring at a new one in awe.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
We just hit fall temps -- 50s and 60s -- this week.

The kids are doing virtual schooling through December and just changed schedules again & I started a new (permanent) work-from-home job a couple weeks ago so we are figuring out a rhythm to our three schedules. My daughter switches from live teaching to independent study every hour while my son has all of his live instruction blocked together in the afternoon, and they eat lunch from 11:10-12 while I don't have a break for lunch until 12:15 or 12:30.

October is my second most-photographed month of the year (after December, of course) so I'm hoping we can adjust and still enjoy our fall activities without being too tired. I know that I'm being more cautious than most other local people I know so I've been waiting to see how the pumpkin patch, Zoo Boo, trick-or-treat, etc. was going to handle safety precautions/crowd control before committing to anything.
I am looking forward to those Fall temps!!
I hope you can still enjoy some of thosefun fall things too!!!!

Old 09-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's such a weird year. I'm dreading fall weather because it means we're getting closer to losing outside as a reliable option.

My kids' schools are 100% virtual with no plans to bring them back. A few special populations will go back in October, but they've said it will amount to about 3% of the district. I suspect everyone else will stay virtual until there's widespread vaccination. My 6th and 11th graders are pretty independent learners, but my special needs 9th grader needs my help a lot more. The preschool I teach at isn't opening this fall, but I'm still earning some hours working on our take home curriculum. Some weeks there's nothing for me to do for work and other weeks I'm almost too busy between work, virtual learning, and the usual family/house stuff.

Even though I'm complaining, I'm really fine. We're healthy, my husband (whose job is our main source of income) is still fully employed and just transferred to a position he thinks he'll like a lot more, and the kids and I are inconvenienced by this year's sucky work/school situations but not devastated by them. I'm trying to complete some scrapping goals so I at least feel like I accomplished something this year! And one true positive--we did family photos recently as part of a fundraiser for my school. I just got to see them yesterday, and I love them! It's been a few years since we had a family photo I really liked.

Last edited by rach3975; 09-30-2020 at 10:16 PM.