Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Looking for a kit

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, my little town has a parade of lights and my horse drill team has a float in it every year. So I'd love to find a Christmas themed kit that would work for it. It's for my project life album. We usually decorate the whole week prior to the parade. So far we are still having the parade even though covid19 is on the rise in our town. I do know that they canceled the soup and pie supper and the craft show. They had talked of moving the craft show to the outdoor pavilion, but it's usually not nice out that weekend, snow and wind.
Oh and we have our christmas party on Sunday. We're a small group of cowgirls, so we just go to our local steakhouse, open gifts. If the steakhouse isn't open we plan on going to a members house. I know it's a pandemic year, but we fall under the states guidelines, there's only 7 of us, and honestly 4 of us work at the livestock sale barn every monday and thursday, so we're eating a meal together on those days.
Sorry I'm rambling but I don't want you to think that we were thoughtless and breaking the guidelines to the covid19 rules.
Thanks in advance!
Old 11-10-2020, 11:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I tried doing a search for "Country Christmas" and "Christmas Parade" and a few others that I've forgotten. lol I think I included "horse" and "lights" in some. Now, all I know is that there are a number of Christmas kits that I'm wanting!

I didn't see anything specifically for Christmas and horse drill teams. You might have to go with a kit that has a "look" that you like. Here's a few that you might like (there are so many gorgeous ones in the store, though!) You can click on them to go to the store.

This one has a word strip that says Christmas Parade.

I think the sparkles in this one caught my eye and the "Christmas Lights" word strip.

One more. lol

Well, that's just a taste. You've probably already browsed, though. Maybe someone will have a suggestion that fits better.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not seeing anything in my stash or the shoppe that has both horses and Christmas parade. Here is a kit by Flergs that is based on the Disney Christmas parade.

or maybe this one

with some horse elements from this kit?
Old 11-11-2020, 06:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used Kristin's A Merry Little Christmas: City Sidewalks to scrap our town's Christmas parade last year:

It is part of this larger bundle, and any of these kits could also work with this theme:

Last edited by allyanne; 11-11-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Removing people from pictures

Do you????

This is such a touchy subject. I haven't scrapped a lot of my daughter's teenage years because she is sensitive about having ex-boyfriends in her album.

I just did a page where I had to remove my youngest son's ex-girlfriend. ...he doesn't really care if her photos are in his album, but who knows if when he gets married, his wife will not like it?

Some people, I have no problem removing. My brother's ex-fiance that we had some MAJOR issues with, and I don't add a lot of photos of my stepdad.

What do you do??? Do you keep exes in the photos? Put a paper bag over their head? Remove them completely?
Old 11-12-2020, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Looks like you already have a few suggestions for Christmas kits. You may be able to take a couple of those kits- colors, patterns, overall looks, and then combine them with a horse kit. You could take a wreath from a Christmas kit and place it around the horses neck. Add lights to a saddle element, etc.

Here are a couple more horse kits that you could mix and match with: