Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-31-2020, 08:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Hoping April Passport Gets My Scrapping Going Again!

It's been 10 days since I've scrapped anything. It feels like FOREVER ago! That was when I finished the last layout I needed for the March Passport. Every time I think I have some time to scrap, I wind up looking at several different sites with Coronavirus statistics, news sites, Facebook, etc. Ugh. I sure hope the new April Passport gives me that "task" feeling of having to get some scrapping done. And I mean that in a good way. All the Coronavirus info on the web is a bit overwhelming but addictive. You'd think with county and city orders to stay home except for essentials that I'd have even MORE time for scrapping but that hasn't quite happened.

Hope you all are doing well in your "neck of the woods."
Old 03-31-2020, 08:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's been a few months since I've been able to buckle down and do the Passport challenge - I'm truly hoping April will be my jump back in month!

I'm still working, as I'm considered an "essential" worker (honestly, I'd rather not be!). I am finding the more I hear / read about Covid 19, the more distressed, anxious and depressed I get, so I've been trying to steer clear of it, but it's hard because everywhere I look there is something about it!

Here's to a new month and a new Passport challenge to complete!!
Old 03-31-2020, 08:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
It's been a few months since I've been able to buckle down and do the Passport challenge - I'm truly hoping April will be my jump back in month!

I'm still working, as I'm considered an "essential" worker (honestly, I'd rather not be!). I am finding the more I hear / read about Covid 19, the more distressed, anxious and depressed I get, so I've been trying to steer clear of it, but it's hard because everywhere I look there is something about it!

Here's to a new month and a new Passport challenge to complete!!
I hope April will be your jump back in month, too!

I'm a stay-at-home Mom homeschooling my youngest. Our 4th year of doing that. My oldest boys (high school senior twins) are mostly at their (not too far away) Dad's house these days doing their distance learning from there. My husband is now working from home which is great. His immune system is compromised so I'm glad he's at home. But...my afternoon (after school is done) relax and scrap time has changed. lol But it seems whenever I am on the laptop to possibly scrap, I get sucked into all the news. It took me FOREVER to fall asleep last night. My brain just wouldn't shut off.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to think April will get me back on track. I don't know.

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-01-2020, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Same. I'm SO hoping April can help get me back on track also. I WANT to be scrapping, BUT I like to scrap when things are quiet, and that's really hard to do with everyone home (unless I get up SUPER early.... which I have been.... and all that has done is turn me into a watcher of cat watching the morning birds LOL). I also was trying to do a weekly spread to write out how things have been going through everything that has been going on, but when I saved week one (which had everything done, just needed to add my journalling), the file corrupted and I haven't been able to get it back so that really put me in a bad mood (it's not the first time it has happened in the past couple of months.... so I feel like "why bother working on something, if saving my progress could mess it all up? ... we've done everything to try and open the file, plus formatted the computer, reinstalled the program, and it's still randomly happening, so I dunno what could be causing the issue to happen in the first place)..... so yea, I am REALLY hoping there are a few challenges that jump out at me and say "you can totally do this one!" and with that find my scrappy mojo and keep it going.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The virus and news sure have taken a hit on my scrapping mojo...
Old 04-01-2020, 04:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Jenn - I am struggling with the lack of quiet time as well with my family home. Haven't scrapped anything other than recipes I am discovering as I cook more - learned how to make pizza sauce from scratch, so I scrapped that recipe for my recipe book. Hope both of our mojos come back soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Same. I'm SO hoping April can help get me back on track also. I WANT to be scrapping, BUT I like to scrap when things are quiet, and that's really hard to do with everyone home (unless I get up SUPER early.... which I have been.... and all that has done is turn me into a watcher of cat watching the morning birds LOL). I also was trying to do a weekly spread to write out how things have been going through everything that has been going on, but when I saved week one (which had everything done, just needed to add my journalling), the file corrupted and I haven't been able to get it back so that really put me in a bad mood (it's not the first time it has happened in the past couple of months.... so I feel like "why bother working on something, if saving my progress could mess it all up? ... we've done everything to try and open the file, plus formatted the computer, reinstalled the program, and it's still randomly happening, so I dunno what could be causing the issue to happen in the first place)..... so yea, I am REALLY hoping there are a few challenges that jump out at me and say "you can totally do this one!" and with that find my scrappy mojo and keep it going.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think a lot of us are struggling. So much going on in the world and it is a lot to deal with. Maybe not try an entire BlackOut for the passport but just a row...just to get started
Old 04-02-2020, 06:52 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
The virus and news sure have taken a hit on my scrapping mojo...
This exactly! It just feels hard right now. It's why I'm happy that so many of the prompts are feelings-based. There's a lot I can do with those, tying in all my project life pages from the last 2-3 weeks that I need to catch up on.

But it's also hard with the kids being home too. I like homeschooling, actually. The kids are great, and have been mostly receptive to getting school done in the mornings. Their teachers have made it pretty simple! It's that when I finally have downtime, I'm too tired to scrap. I'm looking for Netflix in bed and then a long night of sleep!
Old 04-05-2020, 02:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have found there are days that I'm checking the news. But now I'm limiting myself to the weekly news brief by our governor at 4--he tells it like it is and keeps me informed. I listen to the the commander's town halls, which is once a week to see what's happening here on post. The rest, I look just before bedtime because that's about all I can handle throughout the day in between homeschooling the kiddos and catering to my family!

I really hope April allows you to find a balance and scrap. I was just commenting on some of your layouts and I miss them in the gallery!
Old 04-05-2020, 02:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperL788 View Post
This exactly! It just feels hard right now. It's why I'm happy that so many of the prompts are feelings-based. There's a lot I can do with those, tying in all my project life pages from the last 2-3 weeks that I need to catch up on.

But it's also hard with the kids being home too. I like homeschooling, actually. The kids are great, and have been mostly receptive to getting school done in the mornings. Their teachers have made it pretty simple! It's that when I finally have downtime, I'm too tired to scrap. I'm looking for Netflix in bed and then a long night of sleep!
I'm not saying that I'm jealous....but I'm jealous
Old 04-05-2020, 09:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I have found there are days that I'm checking the news. But now I'm limiting myself to the weekly news brief by our governor at 4--he tells it like it is and keeps me informed. I listen to the the commander's town halls, which is once a week to see what's happening here on post. The rest, I look just before bedtime because that's about all I can handle throughout the day in between homeschooling the kiddos and catering to my family!

I really hope April allows you to find a balance and scrap. I was just commenting on some of your layouts and I miss them in the gallery!
Thanks.
I see on the web numerous people saying how much extra time they have on their hands. And I'm thinking, "What? How?!" lol I don't feel like I have gained any extra time. I have lost some of my "time to myself" where I was scrapping. I, for whatever reason, am the type that can't kick back and relax if my husband is doing a chore, task, job around the house. So...with him working from home now, the time I previously took to myself in the afternoons after homeschool was done and before supper was started is different. It makes me feel like I'm being lazy if I sit down to scrap while he's working. So, I haven't. Then in the late evenings, I'm staring at all of the news sites and such. I certainly hope to find some balance and make some time for scrapping. I'll try today!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Last night was the first page I have made in about a week...

It's weird because I usually make at least 5-10 ...

I do have some extra time, but admit we have been spending more time as a family and doing stuff around the house that we have not been able to do.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 04-05-2020, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I hope we all get back in the mood to scrap!!
I have the time (no kids at home), but I've been a very slow scrapper the last couple of weeks...like walking through wet cement slow!!
Old 04-06-2020, 03:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, today I just did it! lol After my youngest and I were done with school and I did a few chore type things, I sat down. With my laptop. And I scrapped.
Yep! Even with my husband working in the other room. I'll just assume he isn't thinking I'm being lazy.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made a layout yesterday too. I'm working through pics from 2017, so it was nice to get my mind off current events and think about fun times we've had. I'm going to try to do a layout a day and see if that improves my mood.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Well, today I just did it! lol After my youngest and I were done with school and I did a few chore type things, I sat down. With my laptop. And I scrapped.
Yep! Even with my husband working in the other room. I'll just assume he isn't thinking I'm being lazy.
I saw!!!! I left you love on them!! Was so happy to see your layouts in the gallery again!!!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I saw!!!! I left you love on them!! Was so happy to see your layouts in the gallery again!!!
Thank you!

I seem to be getting back into the swing of (scrapping) things. Hoping it continues!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastml View Post
I made a layout yesterday too. I'm working through pics from 2017, so it was nice to get my mind off current events and think about fun times we've had. I'm going to try to do a layout a day and see if that improves my mood.
Good idea! I don't know if I'll finish one each day (depends on things/family, etc) but I hope to at least WORK on scrapping each day!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I hope we all get back in the mood to scrap!!
I have the time (no kids at home), but I've been a very slow scrapper the last couple of weeks...like walking through wet cement slow!!
lol I felt like I had fallen in the cement and was just stuck there!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Last night was the first page I have made in about a week...

It's weird because I usually make at least 5-10 ...

I do have some extra time, but admit we have been spending more time as a family and doing stuff around the house that we have not been able to do.
I know what you mean. We don't have sports practices or games to go to...but we're all together doing something around here instead. Meaning TOGETHER...not me scrapping. lol I'm trying to find various times throughout the day to squeeze in a little bit of scrapping.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I think a lot of us are struggling. So much going on in the world and it is a lot to deal with. Maybe not try an entire BlackOut for the passport but just a row...just to get started
Thanks. I've managed to complete 6 of the tasks for the passport. (One of those was leaving love.) So...I'm feeling hopeful that I might get to them all. I'm finding myself ignoring the internet more the past couple of days. My husband can always fill me in on anything new.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I'd like to think April will get me back on track. I don't know.

Good luck everyone!
You doing okay? I don't think you've posted any recent pages. Hope you're finding some time to scrap.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Any luck with the computer? Hope it's working all right!