Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner
Default Who does WW?

I've had an on-again off-again relationship with WW online for years but have never gone to a meeting. I've only been partly successful with the online version and just decided it wasn't for me. I'm very social as you guys know so I like the idea of meetings but never went to one. Today they opened a Weight Watchers store within walking distance of my apartment and I went over there and signed up. I begin the program tomorrow and go to my first meeting on Wednesday. I'm wondering if anyone else here does WW?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am going to my first meeting since college tomorrow. I have been very successful on WW before and I agree, online only wasn't for me. I seriously struggled with it.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I loved the online version Did it for the majority of 2011 and have been (sorta) maintaining for months now but occasionally tracking. Should add that I'm NOT social offline much and just prefer online. I'm pretty good with accountability myself and don't really need the motivation of a meeting

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was really successful with the online one, but just didn't have the funds for it, so I cancelled. I really would like to join back up, but since I'm breastfeeding, am I even able to do it? I don't know. I'd have to wait until I have more money to join again anyway!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm following the plan - online I haven't really lost much - I basically took the entire month of December off. Today I'm back to eating healthy.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I was really successful with the online one, but just didn't have the funds for it, so I cancelled. I really would like to join back up, but since I'm breastfeeding, am I even able to do it? I don't know. I'd have to wait until I have more money to join again anyway!
Yes you can do WW when breastfeeding. They add extra points to account the additional calories you need to eat.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I lost a bit of weight on WW Core a while ago doing online. I loved it! I quit after a period of time because I suck. LOL. I tried online again last year and failed again. I'm nervous. But I hope I go and something clicks this time.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
Yes, I did WW while I was BF my little guy and was pretty successful at it!

I had a hard time when they first switched to points plus -- need to get back into the swing of things though!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooh! If I can do it while breastfeeding, I may have to tweak my budget to fit it in!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I signed up on Thursday last week. The scale laughed at me, I cried, then pulled out my wallet & joined.

Day 4 and wanting to eat every sweet thing in sight. The first week is SOOOOO hard, but I'm going to stick to this!!

Huge fan of:

Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

losing weight while breastfeeding was the easiest i've ever had losing weight! dang i miss those extra calories you can have! it was awesome.. lol
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
losing weight while breastfeeding was the easiest i've ever had losing weight! dang i miss those extra calories you can have! it was awesome.. lol
Yeah, the only time WW has really worked well for me was when I was nursing. Other than that, not so much. I've been on again, off again with WW for about 5 years. I'm trying to lose weight again, but not with WW this time. I'm counting calories rather than points to see if it makes a difference. I've only done WW online and I don't think I'd like meetings, but I'd be willing to give it a try. Unfortunately there's a very small window each week when all 3 kids are in school and I could go, and there are no meetings during those times.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing it online since May 2011. I've lost 40 pound since then. Today is my first day back on it after the Christmas holidays!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it online. I've done meetings before and been VERY successful, but meetings just weren't for me, as a guy. I just didn't seem to fit. Online has a special guy section that really works for me. I hope.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i've done WW several times over the years - and whenever i really did it (i.e., REALLY counted and tracked my points) i lost weight ... so - i've started back this week - i am ready for 2012 to be the year i lose all my weight once and for all ... !!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Would anyone be interested in checking in with each other to see how we are doing? Not necessarily a weekly checkin thread but just to support each other?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never done WW and never had the need. I've always been super skinny.

Then I had baby number three. Unlike all normal people, I don't seem to lose weight while breastfeeding. My son is almost 9 months old and I still feel the most comfortable in maternity clothes. I feel I need to lose about 10 lbs. As long as they modify it for my BFing needs, I'm in.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaGardner View Post
Yay! I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Would anyone be interested in checking in with each other to see how we are doing? Not necessarily a weekly checkin thread but just to support each other?
Sounds good to me
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Sounds good to me!!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That would be soooo helpful for me! I'm doing WW fully online, as the meetings fall on a night that I have previous arrangements.

Huge fan of:

Old 01-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I officially started back up yesterday!!!

I have been EXTREMELY successful with WW online....lost 86 lbs after the birth of Seth!!! I have 40ish lbs left to lose from my pregnancy with Derek and I hope to be at goal by this summer!!!

I am a lifetime member but am NOT going to meetings right now b/c I don't have the extra money since I am not at goal. I am paying for the Lifetime online version right now (it's a bit cheaper) but will start going to the meetings again once I figure out how much it's going to cost me....
Old 01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a lifetime member from back in the day. I loved it when I was doing it. I don't go now because according to them, I'm 15lbs overweight and would have to pay. (Lifetime members are free as long as they are within 2 lbs of goal.) I don't really have anywhere to lose 15lbs from, so... too bad I guess. LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my mother swears by the meetings, my aunt does too. i don't have the discipline right now to do anything WW related, but i did lose almost 30 pounds when i was doing meetings with my mom. i think WW is well worth the money, because it does work if you have the discipline to do it.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If a non-WW member is welcome, I'm in!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm up for check ins, as long as you ladies don't feel weird having the guy around...if you do, I totally understand...

Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in, too, if non WW is accepted.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to join I was so ready and didn't b/c i'm umemployed and couldn't justify the spending.
I've almost talked dh into letting me do it.
I've been a slacker this December in the gym and have pretty much done away with sweets in the evening which has helped alot but I need something else like WW.
I do get the magazine and love the recipes which we try out often and dh loves the salads, the kids will pretty much eat anything I cook so that won't be an issue or else they could eat a pb&j :/
I may just bite the bullet!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

non WW members welcome LOL and even Aaron.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Should we just bump up this thread every now and then, what do you guys think would be easiest?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I would love to be part of this too. I just joined WW online Sunday and am struggling. Not with being hungry, but with using all my points. I am a serious chunk, so they gave me a lot of points, too many I think, and I just can't use them all. I am trying so hard to eat the right things like fruits and vegetables, and they are "power foods" so they aren't worth any points. I'm also drinking all my water so I feel full most of the time. I've heard if you don't use all your points, you don't lose? That sounds crazy to me. How can you not lose eating less than they recommend? Everyone keeps saying it is because your body goes into starvation mode, but I am not hungry, so I doubt that will happen. Regardless, checking in and sharing results with others will be a great motivator.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Loriebug66, 'they' are right, you won't lose if you don't eat your points. Its true. That's one thing I always have to do when I start a new program, too, get used to eating more. You just need to find healthy options that are higher in points to spread into your day.

I have done weight watchers a couple of times (once online, once on my own using tools). I lost both times, but when they went to Points Plus, it didn't do anything for me. I stopped losing. Now I gotta do something again. I am thinking of starting doing it again on my own.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Loriebug you made me giggle. I too, am a serious chunk and the number of points they gave me sounded like a LOT. I start officially tomorrow and I'm curious how I'm gonna eat all of them. It is a lot more points than I got last time I did WW. : sigh :
Old 01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the answer Ladies, even though is was one I didn't want to hear. I am not sure how I will get them all in, but I will try harder to do it. Actually, one ho-ho would probably take care of it. But I am seriously trying not to go down that path.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
. Actually, one ho-ho would probably take care of it. But I am seriously trying not to go down that path.
haha..when I was breastfeeding, I had so many points, I often ate Oreos (something I would never normally eat) and still lost weight. It was kinda sad.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have one of those on again off again relationships with ww too i started again today and i get a lot of points too but i had no problem eating them it takes me a while to adjust to the proper serving size...

i would definitely be in for a check in every now and then...i think i'm going to actually document my weight loss this year...hopefully it will help me stay on track...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Believe me, I can't eat oreos and lose weight. I've already proven that.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thanks for the answer Ladies, even though is was one I didn't want to hear. I am not sure how I will get them all in, but I will try harder to do it. Actually, one ho-ho would probably take care of it. But I am seriously trying not to go down that path.
Throw in a baked potato every now and then to add some points...it's one of the few veggies that does have points!!!

String cheese is another healthy option...one "string" is now two points, instead of 1 like it used to be.

Don't forget your oils every day...that's guaranteed points

Drink a glass of milk, have a boiled egg, eat some celery with peanut butter....healthy choices but have some points too!!!

Good luck!

I don't have a problem eating my points!!! I sometimes wish I had more!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirScrapalot View Post
I'm doing it online. I've done meetings before and been VERY successful, but meetings just weren't for me, as a guy. I just didn't seem to fit. Online has a special guy section that really works for me. I hope.
Before I fell off the wagon last spring and actually went to the meetings....we had quite a few guys at our meetings!!! They were always a wealth of knowledge!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I ended up with points at the end of the day when I was doing it before, I would just eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and drink a glass of milk at the end of the day. It was such a gluttonous treat but I loved it.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll pop in for a check in every couple of weeks - have done ww in the past but am now just starting at the gym on the 11th

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I lost about 30kg with WW 3 years back....and 20kg of them are back on. When I did WW I wasn't in a relationship so I could eat when and whatever I wanted. Nobody to take in consideration but me. My relationship with Eric ruined everything Nice evenings out to dinner, eating french cheese on Saturday evening, you know the romantic side of a new relationship. And it never changed.

Now that I am pregnant this is the first year I won't start dieting on January 1st.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim21673 View Post
Throw in a baked potato every now and then to add some points...it's one of the few veggies that does have points!!!

String cheese is another healthy option...one "string" is now two points, instead of 1 like it used to be.

Don't forget your oils every day...that's guaranteed points

Drink a glass of milk, have a boiled egg, eat some celery with peanut butter....healthy choices but have some points too!!!

Good luck!

I don't have a problem eating my points!!! I sometimes wish I had more!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. While I don't care much for potatoes in general, I do like peanut butter and string cheese. Getting my milk products in is also harder for me as I am not big on milk, so the string cheese will help with that. I have a feeling that this is going to be a big leaning curve, so I appreciate all the help.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If I ended up with points at the end of the day when I was doing it before, I would just eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and drink a glass of milk at the end of the day. It was such a gluttonous treat but I loved it.

I did this last night to try to get my points up. You are right, it was a nice treat. I didn't even mind the milk too much.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today is my weigh in day, I've lost 9.2 lbs this week.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in today too, I lost 9.4 lbs!!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that's awesome, Lorie and Aaron!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Holy smokes, Lorie & Aaron!! That is amazing!! Good for you both!!!!

I weighed in on Thursday and was only down 1 lb, BUT I had 2 really bad eating days (both days I ate DOUBLE my allowable points, whoops!)...

Huge fan of:

Old 01-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Awesome job Everyone. I think any weight loss is a success. I keep telling myself as long as the scale heads down and not up, I am happy. They took away a point from me too, but I was very okay with it. I imagine there is going to be a time soon when I will not be okay with it, but for right now it is all good!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats to everyone who lost! I started 12/29, and I'm down almost 5 lbs. I'm so excited! The last few times I've done WW I lost 1 lb the first week and about .5 lb a week after that if I was lucky. It was hard to stay motivated with such slow losses. So far counting calories seems to be working better for me.

Quote:
They took away a point from me too, but I was very okay with it. I imagine there is going to be a time soon when I will not be okay with it, but for right now it is all good!
LOL-so true. I'm doing perfectly fine right now with the 1500 calories I get, but I know I'm not going to be happy when that goes down and I have to start giving up some of the things I'm eating now.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think you have to do whatever works for you. My sister lost weight on the South Beach Diet, but has been struggling to keep it off. She has put 10 lbs back on, so she is going to try WW. I'm fortunate that my mother, who lives with me, and my son also want to eat healthier, so they don't complain about the meals. Thing is, my son is 6'5" so I have to remember to make a bit extra for him.