Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Photo Effects/Scripts for Paint Shop Pro

I must admit that I'm abit jealous when I see all the fabulous layouts featuring "photo actions"....I really want to be able to do these too, but since I use PSP9, I can't....PLEASE can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to do something similar in PSP9 OR is there a Designer here who also uses PSP, who is willing to make some Scripts to help us Paint Shop Pro users out? I can't afford to by Adobe Lightroom at this time, as much as I wish that I could....

Thanks so much!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you can pick up a few PSP scripts here - I've used them before and still have a few
Old 03-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildblueeyez View Post
you can pick up a few PSP scripts here - I've used them before and still have a few
LuAnn, Thanks so much for this link....I just so happened to find it an hour or so ago and haven't left there yet....LOL Great minds think alike....
Old 03-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Heather Manning of digiscrapping.net sells scripts. I am not sure how much I am allowed say about it here though since she doesn't sell here. Feel free to PM if you want more info.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

All of the PSP scripts I have are by Michele Pearson at Scrap-Book Bytes...I can PM you the link.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much Mari & Shannon for your replies....

Old 03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a PSPXI user (started out with PSP7). I used to write a lot of tutorials for PSP (mostly for Incredimail Stationery and Siggy Tags). I now use CS3 in addition to PSPXI in my designing.

I could make PSP Scripts but I never really thought there was much of a market for it. There are so many photo enhancing scripts at the link in the above post that I really can't think of any they don't have (plus their prices can't be beat).

If there is something specific you are looking for just let me know and I can either write a quick tutorial or make a script.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 03-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Eva, Thank you so much for your reply....I couldn't stop drooling when I began checking out the links shared in the previous posts....I guess I never realized all the PSP Scripts that were available to "jazz" up your photo's....LOL I'm so new to photo enhancing, that I'm not sure of all that can be done to enhance my photo's....

Thank you for your offer to write a Tutorial or to make a PSP Script....If I think of one, as I learn about photo enhancing, I'll be sure to ask you.... I definitely love to purchase from SSD if I'm able to....
Old 03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow!! I'm so glad there is something available for you gals that use PSP!!

I was going to tell you (Nonna2Dreja) that I would be happy to run some of your favorite photos through lightroom for you. Anytime you want me to give one a try, let me know and I'd be happy to play with some for you. With some of my favorite photos, I like to have several copies made of the photos...maybe black and white, vintage or sepia, brighten the colors, etc...

I'm curious to see what you are able to do with the photos in PSP though....that's just super cool!!!

ETA: I forgot, but I think that Adobe has a 30 day free trial of Lightroom. There are literally hundreds of free presets on the internet, and you can watch tutorials on YouTube for doing a lot of them yourself. Just a little FYI!!

Last edited by 4noisyboys; 03-16-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:09 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Question How do I write PSP scripts?

I want to learn how to write scripts for Paint Shop Pro 7 -- does anyone know if that's even possible? Or would I need a more recent version of PSP in order to do that? I know it's an ancient version of the program, but I'm comfortable with it and it does what I need it to do, so I've never felt the need to upgrade.

However, I'm an aspiring textile designer, and I've started making patterns with manipulated photos. I'd love to be able to automate that process if possible because I'm typically making anywhere from 100 to 300 patterns from a photo (and then looking through them and selecting the best ones to turn into collections).

Can scripts be written that would automatically increase the values in certain fields by specific increments each time the script is run? Can a script be written to save to a new file name following a particular naming convention? Or are these things I'll have to do manually?

You can see my work in general here: https://www.facebook.com/LoriPeace9Art
and my fabric patterns in particular here: https://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/loripeace9art

Thank you for your help!!
Old 04-23-2022, 01:20 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriPeace9Ar View Post
I want to learn how to write scripts for Paint Shop Pro 7 -- does anyone know if that's even possible? Or would I need a more recent version of PSP in order to do that? I know it's an ancient version of the program, but I'm comfortable with it and it does what I need it to do, so I've never felt the need to upgrade.

However, I'm an aspiring textile designer, and I've started making patterns with manipulated photos. I'd love to be able to automate that process if possible because I'm typically making anywhere from 100 to 300 patterns from a photo (and then looking through them and selecting the best ones to turn into collections).

Can scripts be written that would automatically increase the values in certain fields by specific increments each time the script is run? Can a script be written to save to a new file name following a particular naming convention? Or are these things I'll have to do manually?

You can see my work in general here: https://www.facebook.com/LoriPeace9Art
and my fabric patterns in particular here: https://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/loripeace9art

Thank you for your help!!
Creation Cassel sells scripts and also has a course on scripting at the website, Scrapbook Campus. I'm currently taking courses there and have learned a lot. She is knowledgeable about PSP and is a Paint Shop Pro Professional and partners with Corel. Some of her scripts are available directly from Corel as well.