Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-18-2023, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Five

A little late, I was busy yesterday with shopping and visiting friends. Gotta like retirement
  1. Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started?
  2. Does it feel or look like spring in your area?
  3. Any spring events or celebrations coming up?
  4. What do you look forward to in spring time?
  5. Do you garden or have yard chores to do?
Old 03-18-2023, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started?
We need to clean off the porch and BBQ, then can unstack the patio furniture and get it set up. It's still a bit chilly here early morning and late in the day so no rush.

Does it feel or look like spring in your area?
During the mid day it gets warm and 50ish here feels wonderful with the sunshine. The snow is gone and the ground is drying up. We don't get much rain here but the winter snow/ice creates muddy areas when it melts but not for long.

Any spring events or celebrations coming up?
We are going to hang out with friends today for St. Patrick's Day. We will have a roast or ham for the upcoming Easter but no other family lives out here so it'll just be us and my daughter (who has a suite in the basement).

What do you look forward to in spring time?
Birding season starts up. Many birds leave for the winter but will soon return or will be passing thru. Blue birds were sighted a few days ago. Because of the semi-arid desert-like terrain here, we don't have the plentiful gardens that are on the west coast of BC but there are some pretty spots out here.

Do you garden or have yard chores to do?
I have decided not to garden in our new home but we have a small yard to maintain which requires constant cleanup b/c of 3 dogs. We have work that needs to be done in the backyard but not by us, we are waiting for landscapers and pool maintenance people to come out to change the liner in the pool, re-build the retaining wall with bricks and replace the fence. Not looking forward to the mess while it is all happening but will be happy when it is all done.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We usually do a deep clean of the basement in the spring once our billet player goes home for the summer. I usually go through winter clothes around spring break time both ours & kids' and donate either what wasn't worn or what will be too small by next winter.

Our weather is pretty similar to yours Rae- just finally all snow melted & some of my plants/bulbs are just starting to poke up through the ground. It is still pretty cold at night, but the sunny days are feeling so nice!

My daughter is playing fastpitch this spring for her high school, so that and driver's education classes are keeping her super busy. My son has some spring hockey camps/tournaments.

I look forward to the grass greening up and plants blooming, as well as slowing down a bit from our crazy busy schedules.

We usually do some work on the grass to get it happy again after a long winter- fertilize, etc. I usually clean up the decks and around the hot tub that likes to collect leaves & pine needles and the flower beds too. We have a little water fountain that we put the pump back in after winter to get that going again too.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? Nothing really planned but I need to clean out our office. It has become drop spot for random no home items

Does it feel or look like spring in your area? this weekend no, but next week and last week we are in the 80s. We have already had our first 90 day

Any spring events or celebrations coming up?no

What do you look forward to in spring time? The warmer weather for sure, everything blooming

Do you garden or have yard chores to do? Not really...no green thumb here. There is a lot of leaves to rake right now. (In the spring is when the leaves fall here in Texas...new leaves pushing them off)
Old 03-18-2023, 07:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? I'm constantly on a mission to declutter and live simplier but I never seem to achieve my goals so it's always a constant work in progress

Yes! We have had a pretty mild winter though. We still have snow but it's been barely below freezing for much of the winter which really is unusual for where I live. Its been really nice I actually prefer spring or fall over summer weather.

nah

What do you look forward to in spring time? Walking without having to worry about slipping on ice! The sun setting later in the evening

Do you garden or have yard chores to do? No.. I hate lawns! Is that weird? I with I lived in the middle of an actual forest with woods and sticks and actual nature all around. I live in the mountains and so I am surrounded by nature but I just don't like yards and all the maintenance that comes with it. I think it's such a waste when we have winter for 6 months of the year and then people spend so much time trying to manage weeds and have green grass all for it to just die every year. The older I get the more strange it seems to me. I would not do well if I lived somewhere that had super strict rules for keeping your lawn a certain way. (ps NO judgement or anything if you like lawns!! I just find the upkeep so exhausting)
Old 03-18-2023, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? YES! I just wish the rest of this crew would get on board.
Does it feel or look like spring in your area? So much! It's really beautiful right now...when it's not raining.
Any spring events or celebrations coming up? We're on spring break this week. We're going to visit my cousin in Oklahoma, to the Memphis Zoo to see the pandas and my bffs from college are getting together.
What do you look forward to in spring time? Summer
Do you garden or have yard chores to do? Our yard is soggy from the moles and all the rain.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:12 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

1. Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? Nothing planned yet, but at some point I do need to switch the winter clothes with the spring/summer clothes in the wardrobes for all of us in the house.
  2. Does it feel or look like spring in your area? It does! The cherry blossoms and magnolias have been springing up everywhere so beautifully! They are always something to look forward to every spring.
  3. Any spring events or celebrations coming up? Ummm... not really. Nothing on top of my head at the moment.
  4. What do you look forward to in spring time? Definitely the warmer weather, lighter clothes.
  5. Do you garden or have yard chores to do? No garden here, just some little potted plants on the balcony plants, which I need to tidy up after being unattended for 3 years.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It has snowed every day this week so while I feel like Spring, Mother Nature does not.

Spring officially starts on Monday; any spring cleaning planned or started?
Yes, always. My fiance moved in last month, and so we are still getting things organized + trying to spruce up the common areas.

See above. There is snow on the ground still.

We are hosting Easter for my family in two weeks.

Sunshine & warm weather. I always have a hard time with winter, and since my PEs, my immune system is broken so I'm usually sniffly and exhausted all winter, too.

We can't plant here until after Mothers' Day but we have plans for a veggie garden this year now that my fiance is here full-time. He's our primary cook, and we're all trying to eat more healthfully. I hate outdoor chores so I try to avoid having any at all.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We're moving this summer, so I really need to crack down on purging & decluttering.

The sky is blue and the sun is shining, but there's still over 4 feet of snow piled in my yard, so...no

Nothing on my calendar right now.

Longer periods of daylight! After being under 5.5 hours of daylight in December, we're now back up to 12 hours+

Nope. Our yard is pretty low maintenance here, but next spring when we're in our next house, we'll have much more to do.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? Kristin's response resonated with me. I'm always trying and always way behind.

Yes and no. The daffodils are poking up but it keeps snowing and melting, snowing and melting. The roads were terrible Saturday and there was a huge pileup on the interstate and now most of it has melted and the sun is out. I'm hoping that was the last of the snow as the forecast looks warmer for the week.

My youngest has his confirmation next week and then we start prepping for my oldest's high school graduation!

I love the spring flowers, the blooming trees and that super green look that everything gets for those first few weeks in May.

We have some small twigs and branches to pickup and my oldest wants to try to perk up our grass some this year. Otherwise, I flower garden.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I hate cleaning... so no, not really anything planned. Maybe some organizing in the laundry room since my son built me a new shelf.

In the afternoons. Mornings are still very chilly!!!

nope.

Spending more time on my back patio and walking and hiking in the nearby parks.

We have a yard, but pay a guy to mow. I do have flowerbeds that I usually take care of, but not gonna lie, I like planting, but i HATE weeding!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-20-2023, 01:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes. It's not that I only schedule my cleaning and decluttering during Spring, but it's when I schedule my husband to help me (because he has work), because I never go to the attic in our house because the stair looks and feels unreliable, but I really wanted to go up there so I could arrange the placement of the boxes and iboxes.

We're still getting 45° here, but at least the sun is setting late now and it's sunny.

Not that I know of. But my daughter wanted us to go somewhere on her spring break.

Honestly, the late sunset. And also to be able to go to the park regularly without getting back in the car soon because of the cold. Even if there were other people walking, I could use an earphone/headphone while walking.

Yes, it rained last week so I wasn't able to finish mulching the front yard, but I'm excited becaue I bought a new mulch and changed the old one. My husband also bought a big trimmer so I think it's time to remove the big bush in our backyard. I just let it stay there because there we're bird nests and I'd rather leave the bush than disturb the baby birds.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:11 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? Ugh, I need to do it so badly. I have been putting it off but multiple rooms need my annual purge and organize. It's time to start.
Does it feel or look like spring in your area? Gosh, no. We still have massive snow piles and more snow predicted.
Any spring events or celebrations coming up? Spring comes late here and is often sloppy and gross when it does it.
What do you look forward to in spring time? Planting my flowers.
Do you garden or have yard chores to do? Yes, I have flower beds and am planning a raised herb garden this year.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Spring officially starts on Monday, any spring cleaning planned or started? I'm a teacher, so here summer is the season for cleaning and organizing. Last year I took classes during the summer and was even busier than I am during the school year, so I have so many things I want to get to this summer!

Does it feel or look like spring in your area? We barely had a winter this year. By late February things were blooming and it looked like spring.

Any spring events or celebrations coming up? Lots of March birthdays in our family, but we don't do anything huge for them. Over spring break (in early April) I'm taking 2 of the kids to go visit my family for a few days.

What do you look forward to in spring time? Aside from the nicer weather and getting outside more, it's knowing that school is winding down for the year.

Do you garden or have yard chores to do? Nope. DH has bad seasonal allergies, and I always had more responsibilities inside. We decided long ago that it was worth hiring someone. They do the lawn, and we don't have a garden.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No, not yet! It's been cold and snowy the last few weeks!!

Spring break for your grandkiddos, which means we will be spending as much time with them as possible.

Everything! By time spring rolls around, I'm so desperate for something other than cold and dreary days, that I love everything about spring!

We have nearly 2 acres of yard, so there is always some sort of maintenance to do. We have many flowers, but not vegetable garden.