Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-04-2022, 11:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default North Face

My son's birthday is on Saturday and he's wanted a jacket from North Face for a while now, so I got him one. What is so special about these jackets that I had to pay almost $200 for what is essentially a hoodie? Are they super warm, hold up forever or something special or did I just pay for the name?

As you can tell, I am not hip or into fashion. I've been chubby my whole life, so I am happy with anything that fits well and looks nice.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a MacPac one and it was a lot of money but it is honestly sooooo much warmer & waterproof than any cheapie I have ever owned. My daughters Kathmandu has lasted her for over 6 years so far & it has taken a beating, so totally worth that money I think.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

North Face is good quality, but yeah, it is also the brand. My brothers and sister work for True Alliance who market North Face. Their staff discounts bring the price way down, so you know all the rest is just profit.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have a North Face fleece jacket. It was very expensive (and a gift) but I love it. It's so comfy and has held up really well.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am not into clothes at all but jackets for winter are something I will spend the money on. It makes a huge difference for being able to be out in the cold. I walk all winter long and where I live it can get chilly but I'm almost always warm in my jacket, it isn't north face but a similar brand.

I cheap out on a lot of things and sometimes I think I end up spending more because the cheap stuff doesn't last as long.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Well, it was worth the price just to see the huge smile on his face. He loved it and says it will keep him warm right into the artic freeze. LOL My love language is giving, so when someone loves a present, I am happy for days.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:36 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I had a Northface puffer jacket a few years ago. I actually got it for free with my hubby's Cabela's points on his credit card. I'm super cheap too and wouldn't have spent the money at that time on a coat, but I sure did love that coat. It lasted me for about 10 years. The only reason I got a new one was because it was a little TOO warm for walking outside.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

They last FOREVER!! I bought my daughter a North Face Ski Jacket when she was in high school - it was a "double jacket" with a heavier one over a lighter one so two jackets in one. She STILL has it and wears it and she's a mom now! They're definitely worth the money! I remember gulping when I bought it, though. They've been "in" for SO many years! Good purchase, Mom!

Old 08-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome - I remember how thrilled my daughter was with hers. Thanks for the memory.