Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default Daycare/Befor..After School Paying Questions

ok I have been paying daycare for years, but here is the situation.....my girlfriend is watching my 3 kids and getting them on the bus in the mornings now (since my DD moved out) their ages are 12/7/5 almost 6) and then she is watching Peyton from 1230-4 in the afternoons and my other kids are there for about 10-15 mins after they get off the bus.....so the question is what would you recommend I pay her? She not licensed or anything (which doesn't matter to me either way) but I am really at a loss as to what to offer her...we didn't really talk about before she started watching them cause it just kind of happened over the weekend.....so help me out girls!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I pay $11/day for 1 kid to be at ours for 45 minutes in the morning and an hour and a half after school. Its a not for profit organization though. I'm not sure what I would offer your friend. Its a fine balance between not over paying and not under paying so she doesn't feel like its not worth it to do.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Maybe around $75/week? If I send my kids to the afterschool program, it's $85/week per kid - regardless whether they are there 5 min or 3 hours. Our neighbor thought that was ridiculous since I get off work around 3 anyway so she said she'd keep an eye on them until I got home and she doesn't want any $... so we take them out to eat or buy grocery store gift cards once in a while.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

that's what I do for a living.
I charge $5/hr. If there's 2 kids it's $4/hr/kid and if there's 3, I charge $3/hr/kid. I'm not licensed, but, I provide them lunch if needed and snacks, etc. I wouldn't feel the need to pay her for the little bit before and after school, but I'd feel like I needed to pay for the 1230-4 for Peyton.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

You might want to check your state laws. In PA I could do child care without a liscense as long as it was no more than three kids. Here in MI it is not legal to pay someone for child care unless they are lisenced. I think it is a dumb law and I know people who do it all the time, however I also know some people have gotten in trouble for it.