Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2014, 06:46 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Lightbulb Self help and improvement?

Hi, I'm a bit unsure about posting this but hey.

With the new year coming up I guess we all start to think about changes we can make and resolutions. I've never been one for making resolutions because I figure that I won't keep them up. However I am starting this think more about myself and how I am perceived by others.

I am a realist, and certainly not optimistic, however I feel that I am funny and have a good sense of humour. Some people around me have a different spin on it though, I have been called negative and other less than complimentary things.

I don't see anything wrong with being realistic, life isn't sunshine and roses. However I am thinking more about trying to be more positive. I do find myself seeing the worst in myself and and always the first to criticize me and my many flaws.

I have been doing Project life which has helped somewhat in seeing the good things in life, but I know it's not easy to change a way of thinking.

But this year I really do want to try and be more sunny side up. My questions for you wonderful people is about self help books, I think self help is maybe bigger in the US than here in the UK, but basically do the books work? Has anyone read a really good one they can recommend, or share any tips that may help.

Sorry if this thread isn't really right for this forum I just thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance.