Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 01-02-2023, 02:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What’s Your Plan for Scrapbooking Success (& Satisfaction) in 2023?

Happy New Year, my sweet scrapbooking friends!

In case you missed it, yesterday’s post on the SSD blog focuses on Planning for Scrapbooking Success in 2023.

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...ccess-in-2023/

As I wrote, while scrapbooking should be a hobby filled with joy, not deadlines and pressure, the truth is you’ll feel more satisfaction in this wonderful hobby if you’re productive. As you produce completed layouts, filling your albums – either digital or physical – or printing completed books, your overall sense of fulfillment with this hobby will grow.

So, I’d love to know - what is your plan for scrapbooking success & satisfaction in 2023? Share with your goals for this year, and connect with other scrappers working on similar projects so you have a ready-made support group (#6 in the Action Plan!).

Old 01-02-2023, 02:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My scrapbooking goals for 2023 are:
  • One Little Word - I’ve chosen MOMENTUM. I want to create one layout each month about that word and how it’s manifesting itself in my life.
  • The Faves Project - One layout each month with a selfie and a list of my 10 favorite things.
  • One themed album - I have a list of books I need to create, but I’m going to focus on getting just one done this year. Or, starting with one. I want to finally create my wedding album and get it printed in time for my 15th wedding anniversary on June 30th.

I’m also contemplating an album dedicated to my sewing journey and finished projects. I have to give that a little more thought, though.

Old 01-02-2023, 03:03 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I've taken a long break from scrapbooking in general. As in, years-long. For me, the goal is to get back into consistent scrapbooking and participate in challenges this year, because I feel like it'll get some actual pages done. My goal is to have a good album with a collection of pages from the year overall by the end of 2023 (probably not of ALL of my layouts, but of my favorites that really show off what the year was all about).
Old 01-02-2023, 03:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
My scrapbooking goals for 2023 are:
  • One Little Word - I’ve chosen MOMENTUM. I want to create one layout each month about that word and how it’s manifesting itself in my life.
I love this idea!! I'm going to think about taking this on as an ongoing project for the year.

I do feel compelled to do a better job keeping up with my project life this year, at least getting photos & journaling in.

I have been thinking lately about setting a time goal for scrapbooking instead of a number of pages or projects goal. I think it's a little easier for me to be realistic about how much time per week (on average) I can devote to scrapbooking than to come up with a reasonable prediction about what I'll be able to get done.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Since my kids are entering adulthood soon life is changing overall for us. This hobby has turned into my creative outlet along with adult coloring. I don't have any goals and tend to just scrap what I want (minus CT duties of course)

So for me, I just use it for joy, calmness, therapy, etc..as I do my other creative things.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually make a list of projects I want to complete- some I started, some will be from the start. I need to make that list.
I do plan to continue my PL project- at the very least email myself every morning so that I have my journaling.
I typically scrap trips and sports seasons as they happen. I will have to go back to make sure those are done for 2022.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm setting somewhat minimal goals for myself. Until this summer, scrapbooking was my main hobby and I made steady progress on our albums (even though I'm way behind!) But school picked up a lot for me in the summer and fall semesters, and when I had free time I needed something more mindless than scrapping. I'm hoping this year will be easier, but by the fall or winter I'll probably also transition back to full time work after a decade of being part time. So my minimal, I'll-definitely-be-able-to-achieve-this goals are:

1. To finish the album I'm working on right now (another 30-ish pages including my last Month In Review layout for 2020).
2. To stay up to date with my journaling so that I'll have the notes I need no matter when I finally get around to the pages.
3. To organize and begin my 2021 album after I finish my current one. That includes:
a. deciding whether I'll make any changes to my Month In Review layouts for 2021
b. determining how I'll handle all the news clippings I have for 2021. (I made too many pages with them in 2020, and I want to be more selective so that I'm essentially doing a monthly News In Review layout. I like having them in my albums, but scrapping the pages is boring and time consuming the way did it this year.)

Last edited by rach3975; 01-02-2023 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

As I have finally figured out the best way to print my layouts in a book, my goal is to print alllll the layouts that I've never printed. Plus make books for vacations and gifts for family.

I'm very excited and waiting most impatiently for the Shutterfly unlimited pages sale!
Old 01-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One of my goals is to get all my pages uploaded and organized at Shutterfly so I can take advantage of the next unlimited pages sale. I also need to check my print credits at Persnickety and print a bunch of pages with them.
I don't really set any kind of page count goal as it just isn't something that works for me. I just keep plugging along as I have time. I do need to spend some time getting photos organized though so I can get some more pages knocked out when I do have time!
Old 01-03-2023, 08:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been keeping up with creating layouts that I often print for my daughters in law. I print 8x8 which is the best size for me and the most economical. My Canon printer does a really good job so I'm pleased about that. I buy the scrapbook albums at Michael's and just insert the layouts into the plastic sleeves. Each album holds 100 layouts which is a good amount. Unfortunately we don't have Shutterfly or Persnickety so my printing options are really limited to me printing them myself. My daughters in law love the books and appreciate my efforts. As long as they keep providing me with photos, I will keep on scrapbooking!

Old 01-03-2023, 11:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped less in 2022 than I have any other year since I started scrapping in 2003 so my biggest goal for 2023 is just to scrap more, more often, and more consistently. I think I need to set aside dedicated time during the week to scrap and then if I scrap more any particular week, even better.

Last year, I did a very lowkey monthly "random roundup" that was PL-esque that I will do again this year.

My sooner-rather-than-later goal is to get a new phone so that I take better photos for all the big things coming up this year --- most importantly my wedding & honeymoon this fall. I won't get around to scrapping those until 2024 but I know that having the best possible photos now will make that process so much easier & more fun then.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My children are now 17 and 20 and don't like me to photograph or scrap them much. These days my albums are really more about me and life from my perspective instead of trying to capture their lives. I'm also a first year teacher. I feel like this is a good time to start a scrapbook of my adventures in teaching. I took 200 pictures of my students on Wednesday during a field trip. I don't want those (and others I've taken) to sit in my hard drive so long that I forget my students' names and things about them that I want to remember. I did the yearbook for our elementary schools for 15 years. This is only my 2nd year not doing the yearbook. I have thousands of photos on my computer from over the years of doing that. I kind of want to scrap some of them too.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

At the beginning, I had none, but I suddenly thought that I have yet made the baby book for my daughter, so I'm going to do that this year with the help of Erica's newest templates bundle. It might just become a collection of photos, because it is really hard to jog my memory back to 2 years ago, but I'm going to try my best.