Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently Reading Week of 2/27

What's the last book you finished?
What are you reading right now?
What's on your TBR for the weekend and next week?

What's the last book you finished?

DH had outpatient surgery this week which meant I had a lot of time sitting in waiting rooms reading and so I finished 4 books this week.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - I think I actually liked this one a little better than Gone Girl. I gave it 3 stars...a quick interesting read.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret I've had this book on my shelf a while and finally picked it up. I adored it and gave it 5 stars. It is middle grade and although it's about 500 pages 2/3 of those are illustrations so I read through it in about an hour. Great story and beautifully illustrated...perfect children's book. Also the hardback version of this is GORGEOUS.

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller - I was actually pretty disappointed in this retelling of the life of Achilles.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman - sometimes you just need to reead your favorites

What are you reading right now?

The Night Watch by Sarah Waters - I read The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it..I'm not so sure if this one is going to make me feel the same.

and I'm about 90 percent done with The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss on Audible so I will be finishing it up this weekend probably.

What's on your TBR for the weekend and next week?

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - 3rd in the Outlander Series..I'm trying to read one a month so this one's next.

and today I ran by the bookstore and found a SIGNED COPY of The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss so I snatched that up quick and I think did a slightly embarrassing happy dance right there in Books A Million. This is a novella he released last month that takes place in the Kingkiller Chronicles world and I believe it is Auri's story. It is also illustrated so I wanted a hard copy of it. yay!

and my next Audible book I think is going to be The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - the audio book is narrated by Claire Danes so that should be good!

Old 02-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I finished up The Chronothon yesterday. I ended up really enjoying it. He almost lost me about 3/4 of the way through it cause it just got weird. I'm glad I stuck with it though because it ended up being really entertaining.

Getting read to start this one next. It was February Kindle First deal.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished the Engine 2 Diet. I am still reading The First Fifteen Lives. Not sure when I will finish it. I am going to start the Happiness Advantage next on Audible. I saw this guy's TED talk online and it was so powerful to me.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

What's the last book you finished? I last finished By Any Other Name by JM Darhower. I always have a book hangover when I finish her books. I LOVE them.

What are you reading right now? Right now I'm in between books, I have a beta read I need to read first and foremost. It's the second book by Leslie Fear and C.D. Hussey (Bayou Grise...the first was Villere House)

What's on your TBR for the weekend and next week? Something Wicked by Carol Oates, Crow's Row by Julie Hockley and Clear by Jessica Park are on deck.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Read these last week :

3 stars

4 stars

2 stars

this week is still up in the air, but have started on this one: