Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > This or That? Challenges

Old 03-08-2022, 02:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Exclamation Heads up for March This or That - Images & Links would help

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to post here and hopefully catch everyone early on in your March Challenges. I know last month when I sent out the Sweet Reward Codes I really encouraged you all to use the image tracker, well, in February Sherly and I both have had issues seeing those. I don't know if it was a glitch with whatever site was hosting your images or what. I could see some once I switched to my phone, it was really weird.

Also, if I had issues seeing yours, I sent you a private message.

If you want to be extra vigilant and help us to make sure we don't miss you, it would be helpful for you if you did this...

1. If you like to use the image tracker only (this is the photo you include completed layouts on that is in the first post of the challenge thread each month), please include a separate link to in the gallery and maybe a note on how many layouts you competed.

Or

2. Include a list of the layouts you completed w/ links to the images in the gallery.

Or

of course you can do the Image Tracker and the list if you'd like. I don't want to make extra work for anyone. but I also don't want to miss anyone.

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-08-2022 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ok! I do both so I think I'm good. lol
Old 03-08-2022, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I'm confused about what the Image Tracker is?

Old 03-08-2022, 03:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

For me, my image is always showing, so i hope it is for you as well. I do link my layouts in my post as well (for myself to keep tracj, but als for you to verify I did the challenges).

But now that we are 8 days into March, have the February winners been chosen? I don't see them, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. Same for the Sweet 16 Bingo, I can't find those winners either... But maybe I am too impatient...
Old 03-08-2022, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just looked back at the thread...and my image tracker isn't there anymore.

I thought I might look at my links info by going into "edit" but I guess the option is turned off since the month is over?
I checked and checked and my tracker was there at the end of the month. I guess in the future, I'll post it here in the gallery and link it from there.

I did have all my layouts listed and linked, though.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I thinks it's the picture of all your layouts. The one that they change out each month and we save it to our computer then add our little layouts on it.
Did that/I make sense?
Old 03-08-2022, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I (for kicks?) looked at my post in the Party Game A Day thread and my BINGO card is no longer showing up there.

I'm a bit sad right now.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
It's the photo with all of your layouts included.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't handle those, I only send out the Sweet Rewards.

And you're good for February. I'll be sending those out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romajo View Post
For me, my image is always showing, so i hope it is for you as well. I do link my layouts in my post as well (for myself to keep tracj, but als for you to verify I did the challenges).

But now that we are 8 days into March, have the February winners been chosen? I don't see them, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. Same for the Sweet 16 Bingo, I can't find those winners either... But maybe I am too impatient...
Old 03-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Vanessa, I don't understand I don't see my spot anymore on the February challenge, I participate and had 6 challenges completed, post my tracker and link my 6 pages, did I do something wrong?
Old 03-08-2022, 08:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hi, ladies! I think I understand your confusion with the disappearing posts in the challenge threads. It has to do with the workflow the SugarBabe team uses to do their randomized drawings. Let me explain…

First, when the month is over, the awesome Vanessa goes through the This or That thread and tallies up who gets which level of Sweet Rewards discount codes. That means if you completed 5 challenges you get a 20% off coupon code, 10 challenges gets you a 30% off coupon code, and 15 complete gets you the 40% off code. She sends those out by PM.

When she has the names of everyone who qualified, she lets the next person in the team know so they can work the drawing. They go through the list and delete every post EXCEPT for the people who are eligible for the $50 gift certificate drawing. So if a person didn’t complete all 18 challenges, that post is deleted. If it’s a Sugarbabe playing along with the challenges, that post is deleted. What’s left then is only posts where all 18 challenges were complete. Then, they go to random.org and enter the number of eligible people, and it draws a number. That number corresponds to the number post in the thread, and that’s how they choose the winner.

It’s a wonderful way of being completely transparent in how the drawing takes place each month, as you’ll see they include screenshots of their input and the random.org output as well.

Hope that info helps clarify why your original challenge post might disappear from the thread. You want it to still be in there even if you don’t complete all 18 challenges so Vanessa can send you the Sweet Rewards coupon code you’ve earned, but then it will be removed when they do the drawing for the $50 gift certificate.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
If you want to be extra vigilant and help us to make sure we don't miss you, it would be helpful for you if you did this...

1. If you like to use the image tracker only (this is the photo you include completed layouts on that is in the first post of the challenge thread each month), please include a separate link to in the gallery and maybe a note on how many layouts you competed.
Vanessa, I remember in the past SSD wanted us to use an outside hosting site so our trackers would show full size. Is that still preferred? Should we post our tracker full size in the thread (hosted elsewhere) and also put it in the gallery so we can link it, or should we just use the gallery from now on?
Old 03-08-2022, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I thinks it's the picture of all your layouts. The one that they change out each month and we save it to our computer then add our little layouts on it.
Did that/I make sense?
That's what I thought... thank you!

Old 03-09-2022, 12:52 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Angie explained it PERFECTLY here!
I am the one in charge of doing the $50 drawing, so I had to remove all the posts that do not qualify, i.e., not doing blackout. So, don't be sad please. It is just the way it had to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Hi, ladies! I think I understand your confusion with the disappearing posts in the challenge threads. It has to do with the workflow the SugarBabe team uses to do their randomized drawings. Let me explain…

First, when the month is over, the awesome Vanessa goes through the This or That thread and tallies up who gets which level of Sweet Rewards discount codes. That means if you completed 5 challenges you get a 20% off coupon code, 10 challenges gets you a 30% off coupon code, and 15 complete gets you the 40% off code. She sends those out by PM.

When she has the names of everyone who qualified, she lets the next person in the team know so they can work the drawing. They go through the list and delete every post EXCEPT for the people who are eligible for the $50 gift certificate drawing. So if a person didn’t complete all 18 challenges, that post is deleted. If it’s a Sugarbabe playing along with the challenges, that post is deleted. What’s left then is only posts where all 18 challenges were complete. Then, they go to random.org and enter the number of eligible people, and it draws a number. That number corresponds to the number post in the thread, and that’s how they choose the winner.

It’s a wonderful way of being completely transparent in how the drawing takes place each month, as you’ll see they include screenshots of their input and the random.org output as well.

Hope that info helps clarify why your original challenge post might disappear from the thread. You want it to still be in there even if you don’t complete all 18 challenges so Vanessa can send you the Sweet Rewards coupon code you’ve earned, but then it will be removed when they do the drawing for the $50 gift certificate.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:56 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Vanessa, I remember in the past SSD wanted us to use an outside hosting site so our trackers would show full size. Is that still preferred? Should we post our tracker full size in the thread (hosted elsewhere) and also put it in the gallery so we can link it, or should we just use the gallery from now on?
You can upload it in the gallery, if you want, as long as the image is clear enough. However, if you choose to host it somewhere else, please please please make sure that we can see it, so that we won't count your participation wrongly. We really want to make things easy and smooth for everyone, so it'll really help to have the tracker image that shows up. It'll also help speed up our winner drawings, too.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is how they’d like it according to the challenge thread.

“Simply upload your FULL SIZE completed tracker to an image hosting site like Imgur, Dropbox, Google Photos, etc. so that we can see your 1150px wide image in its full glory by 11:59pm EST on Monday, February 28th, 2022, and your Sweet Rewards will be automatically sent to you by our Challenge Fairy Vanessa...“

If you have one uploaded to our gallery here that’s that works too, just include a direct link to whatever image you use, so I can click it, in case the image doesn’t show up.

I think about 4 people looked liked there was nothing there, their comments were the only thing that made me investigate further.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2022, 11:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Angie, this is exactly right.

I didn’t mean to add to any confusion, I’m just trying to make sure I don’t miss anyone when I’m counting your layouts up for the sweet rewards.

Basically I need either a list of the linked layouts or a direct link to your image tracker so I can verify. Or both if you really want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-09-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it would be completely reasonable to require people to link their layouts back to the original thread so you can check them. You guys are too nice.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much Angie, Sherly and Vanessa for all the explanations!
I totally trust you all!
It's just when you talked about the hosting image of the tracking challenge, I wanted to check how was mine and couldn't find my spot and didn't understand if I made something bad.
And as I still saw my spot for January I didn't get it but now that's ok and I'm not sad about it, just didn't understand at the time! Lol!
Thank you so much for taking time to explain it so well.
I understand how you proceed now and this is totally ok for me!
Thank you again Ladies!
Old 03-09-2022, 11:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the heads up - I have been linking them to keep myself organized, glad it would benefit you too!

Old 03-09-2022, 04:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I found out through Robin because of the BINGO card for the birthday celebrations, that when I post images from my outside source, they have an expiration time. I never knew! I've been using my private Facebook album and linking my BINGO and THIS or THAT image card from there. It shows up fine for me...I guess for only a while. Maybe a week? Then the image is gone. In my "edit" details of a post, the link info is there but it has expired.

I'll double check if y'all said IMGUR is a site we can use, because I do have an account there I could use for the BINGO or THIS or THAT cards.

Always something new to learn! lol
Old 03-09-2022, 04:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! I am one of those who has been having issues with my image staying posted (it shows once I post my finished tracker, but then just disappears or something).

I have been posting it to Facebook, but am just going to post it here from now on so that I don't have any issues! I'm glad to hear I haven't been the only one (I didn't want to be the trouble maker) but sad to hear it is happening to others!
Old 03-09-2022, 05:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just a suggestion - maybe linking is better now with the this and that challenges, and you can do away with the tracker? They are very beautiful, but it seems like the links would work better for you and make everything clear. Maybe starting in April you write the directions to link everything - the list given is easy to copy and paste. I always print it out to keep track of my products and check off as I go.

I'm a tracker person normally (cause I'm lazy that way), but am willing to link everything up to make it easier for you guys! It's not that hard to do!
Old 03-09-2022, 10:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, thanks for the explanations! I usually post my tracker (since I thought we were required to) and also link my layouts now that there's an easy-to-copy text based list we can use. I can see my tracker when I post it, so I'll assume you can see it, too. I've been using Imgur.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, in theory everyone should be using the tracker. I haven’t had any issues seeing yours.

Quote:
Okay, thanks for the explanations! I usually post my tracker (since I thought we were required to) and also link my layouts now that there's an easy-to-copy text based list we can use. I can see my tracker when I post it, so I'll assume you can see it, too. I've been using Imgur.
Old 03-10-2022, 12:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

After trying to figure it out, I think we can deduce that you guys should try to avoid hosting the image on Facebook. It just does not show up after some time.

Thank you, ladies!
Old 03-10-2022, 03:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Instead of using Facebook, you can use Pinterest (and hide your board for others). At least it works for me.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is just to test my ability to post an image from Imgur. (Making sure I know the right link to use.)

Hmmm...it's not working.
Any tips?
At Imgur, there is a list of options to the right of my picture:
Image Link
Direct Link
Markdown Link
etc...

I copied the "Image Link" and came here and clicked on "insert image" that looks like a tiny picture of a mountain and sun. On my post it shows [IMG] and [/IMG] with the link right between but when I submit the post, nothing shows up.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying the option that says: Linked BBCode (message boards)

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't "like" that it shows [IMG] and [/IMG] before and after the picture. Is that "just how it is" though?
Old 03-10-2022, 07:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

One more try using option: BBCode (message boards & forums)
but not clicking on the "insert image" button here. Just pasting the code.

Ahhh... success!!!
Old 03-10-2022, 07:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hope y'all don't mind all my testing. I wanted to figure it out before the time comes when I post the tracker for March.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hope y'all don't mind all my testing. I wanted to figure it out before the time comes when I post the tracker for March.
I see your tracker very well Charlene!
I use a hosting french site and at first I had difficulties to know what was the right link!
Old 03-10-2022, 08:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romajo View Post
Instead of using Facebook, you can use Pinterest (and hide your board for others). At least it works for me.
Oh this a good idea! Thank you!
Old 03-10-2022, 12:13 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
One more try using option: BBCode (message boards & forums)
but not clicking on the "insert image" button here. Just pasting the code.

Ahhh... success!!!

You got it now! I can see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2022, 01:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
After trying to figure it out, I think we can deduce that you guys should try to avoid hosting the image on Facebook. It just does not show up after some time.

Thank you, ladies!
Thanks for tracking down the cause so we know what to avoid!