Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Awww Brie

And Lorie...I don't think anyone would EVER be bothered by a thank you.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There are so many layouts that if I open something full page, something about it has struck me and it can be anything. It's something I can relate to and you've inspired me to do something similar, an incredible photo, meaningful journaling or just an awesome title. I do try to read through the comments and try to point out something different from what others have said. And sometimes you may have just made an awesome layout with products I already have - that always makes me extra happy!

I do have to say SSD is THE best place about comments. They are generally very thoughtful, sincere and so reciprocating. I love coming home after work to see someone I left feedback for has bumped one of my layouts back to the front and it has gotten some extra love.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:40 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post

And... speaking of loving stuff..... Julie, I just gotta tell ya, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your siggy.... it makes me wanna go to the beach - in Hawaii! and have a drink ... and I don't even drink... LOL! LOVE the colors as well, it's so pretty! Which kit is that from?
aw, aren't you a sweetheart Laura! Thank you for the compliment on my siggy. I love it so much that I've been using it for a year. Even though the winter. LOL It makes me feel tropical all year long, even though I live in Oregon! The kit is called Kona Coast and it also has an add-on.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Any compliment is amazing. Especially if they want to buy the kit I am showcasing or if they tag my lo.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I just like whatever comments I get. Whether it is on composition or journaling or photos. The time that person took to choose my layout to not just comment on but click on and look at when there are 1000's of layouts they could have commented on is what means the most to me. But if they take the time to read the journaling (mine is sometimes harder to read) then that really means alot to me
Old 06-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
aw, aren't you a sweetheart Laura! Thank you for the compliment on my siggy. I love it so much that I've been using it for a year. Even though the winter. LOL It makes me feel tropical all year long, even though I live in Oregon! The kit is called Kona Coast and it also has an add-on.
I can see why you have been using it for a year, it's such a happy siggy!
Thanks for the link up on the kits... just went and bought them!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love getting comments and I love them all. I try to give meaningful comments and not say what others have said before, but sometimes I just can't find the words. That would be no problem if I could do it in Dutch...

Happily creating for Joyce Paul designs, Rachel Jefferies, Lynn Grieveson designs
& guesting for Micheline Lincoln designs.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love getting any kind of comments on my pages. But, the ones I truly love are the ones that comment on something from the page, whether it be my shadowing, clustering, journaling, photos etc.

That's how I comment too, I look for something that just strikes me about the layout and comment on it.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I missed this thread! Hmm, for me the best comment really is if someone bought a kit because they saw my layout--biggest thrill ever

But as for whether I prefer the technical over the storytelling, I actually love both! IF I know I slaved over a layout's shadows, composition, layering, etc and then someone noticed it, would be so awesome! On the other hand, if I spent time on my journaling or if it was a story that was precious to me, for someone to comment on the journaling makes my heart sing

As for my own experience, sometimes it's easy for me to see where a scrapper focused on in the layout and I like to comment on that. But most times, I tend to comment on what really catches my attention first
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
I like it all, but I think I really especially like the actual scrap "talent" praise a lot. I wonder if it has to do with feeling validated that I spend so much time doing it. I could have just told the story with no photos or in a less artistic way, but I choose scrapbooking for my storytelling medium because it is creative...an artform.
This is me. Exactly. Especially with me trying to step out of the "template shadow" more and more, when someone comments on something about the scrapping, it makes my day. But having said that...ANY comment I get makes me smile. It means a lot to me that someone bothered to click on my page and write a comment, even if it's just "oh, great page" or something like that.

Last edited by KyRainbow; 06-24-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh just wanted to add when I comment on a layout I really really love it. I know I do not spend near enough time in the gallery or leave as many comments as I probably could. So if all I say is gorgeous layout it is because I love EVERYTHING!!! LOL If I say I love the photos or journaling it is not that I do not like everything else as well it is just what attracted me to the layout or what I saw that really effected me (like the journaling for instance). And if I add the layout to my favorites then it is one I want to look at more and possibly scraplift or has really inspired me in some way. I think to me someone adding mine to their favorites is the ultimate compliment even if they dont comment because I know some people here english is not their first language.