Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default more randomness...

i have a ton of useless questions i wonder about, so i'm just gonna ask them daily. LOL

does your significant other have a facebook page?
darik has told me he'll never get one...now, mind you, he'll look over my shoulder as i check mine, but he doesn't want 'everyone to know his business.' i hate to tell him that living in a small town...they're gonna know anyway!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nope. He said if he wanted to talk to or see any of those people he'd just calll them or invvte them over. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nope. Joel thinks FB is stupid and honestly, I'm really thankful! I'm sure the girls would be all over him if he was. ; )
Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Nope. Joel thinks FB is stupid and honestly, I'm really thankful! I'm sure the girls would be all over him if he was. ; )
this is me too. i'm the computer dork in the family...he doesn't need to be all up in my business on facebook too LOL

Old 03-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

mine does, but he's rarely on it.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

DH doesn't. He's just not that fond of social networking in general. He doens't like being *out there* on the web. He's a private person. He accepts that because he works in IT and network ops that he has to have a work identity on the web, but he refuses to have a personal one. He is happy with the forums & blogs he visits. He says he has no need for Facebook or Twitter or the rest of it.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Brian does but he only has like 6 friends (all family lol) and he rarely checks it.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

James does...he had a group of 4 really close friends in college and he's the only one left in Lexington. They've all dispersed to other towns and states. He keeps up with them on FB as well as some work friends and family...he has like 40 friends though and isn't nearly as active as me.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
DH doesn't. He's just not that fond of social networking in general. He doens't like being *out there* on the web. He's a private person. He accepts that because he works in IT and network ops that he has to have a work identity on the web, but he refuses to have a personal one. He is happy with the forums & blogs he visits. He says he has no need for Facebook or Twitter or the rest of it.
This is Jordan too. He has no FB, blog, twitter, etc and he probably never will. He's in IT, so he has a small professional sort of web identity, but he wants NO PART of ANYTHING of his personal life put online. He also spends all day in front of the computer so when he gets home he doesn't want any part of the computer. Unless he's playing a computer game. LOL!

It's something I struggle with, to be honest. When he found out that I shared about building our deck on FB, you would have though I gave out our social security numbers and banking information. He wants NOTHING online, and I really struggle to balance that with my desire to share things. I mean, we're building a deck, who cares who knows about it? It helps that I have my FB profile as private as humanly possible so that you can't really see anything unless you're my friend, but still. At one point last year he freaked out because he googled himself and my Flikr came up and there were photos of layouts I had made of the wedding, and he didn't want any of that online. I almost had a mental breakdown that day, lol. My husband is also very extreme though. There's rarely middle ground (I'm working on it, lol) so his immediate reaction is to freak out first, ask questions/compromise later.

Last edited by ColleenSwerb; 03-28-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinsweetie

nope, my hubby is like most on here so far. he doesn't want ppl all up in his business. he says it is a major waste of time anyway...LOL
Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't answer in the here and now, but I would have to say that if DH were still alive he would NOT - for many of the reasons others have stated. He was never much of a computer person anyway, and I wouldn't be able to picture him spending time on FB at all.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Alan has one, but he rarely gets on it!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

yes, my hubby does - and he has more friends than me. He started out on facebook making as a way to stay up to date with his Brother... his brother who is 32 acts like a 23 year old! Jimbo is horrible with the phone and if you want to know what is going on, you have to be on facebook with him - hence how we found out he was engage. Jimbo has since blocked family from seeing his wall...

Now hubby is mainly friends with people that knew him in high school... I'm not worried that any girl would be all over him... he is so unaware to that kind of stuff.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here is a S/O question - does anyone share their facebook account with their hubby... meaning, that there is one account for both of you? A friend of mine has one account and their "name" is a combo of her and his name...
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Here is a S/O question - does anyone share their facebook account with their hubby... meaning, that there is one account for both of you? A friend of mine has one account and their "name" is a combo of her and his name...
omgosh. hell to the no. i couldn't do that. ever. i have my life, he has his.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
omgosh. hell to the no. i couldn't do that. ever. i have my life, he has his.
I know - I found it odd, too.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Nope. J pretty much has said the same thing that he'll never get one. He says he doesn't want his business out there. So to respect him I even try to keep anything I post about him to a minimum.

Although all his friends have one and most of his family has one. They are all on my friends so I guess he doesn't really need one.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband does have one, and probably updates it more than I do! But he uses it a lot for business promotion, too (he's a realtor/property manager)...and he's a really, really social person, way more than I will ever be!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nate has one, but it's pointless because he NEVER logs in and checks anything out.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My DH was slow to jump on the FB bandwagon, but he eventually did. Now, I'm not saying he posts regularly b/c that would be a stretch.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I set one up for my husband, but he hasn't looked at it in over a year!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've never understood this, I know a few couples that have joint accounts and its so confusing when they post something - which one is saying that??

Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes he does. He originally got it so that we could play scrabble (lol) but now he's kind of addicted. He only updates his status like once every 3 weeks or so but he likes to keep up with everyone else. His graduating class is also planning a reunion so he gets messages about that through there.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine does. He was always posting dumb stuff that he would go back and erase later. He's rarely on it now.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yup my husband does. Yesterday he was on it all day playing with his zoo! lol He has also played some mobster game or something. He uses it as a way to connect with high school & college friends as we don't live near any of them. He also has a LinkedIn account too that he updates more then I update mine! lol

Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Andrew has one and checks in daily. He's also got a Twitter account the he's very active on--and last year, while he was out of work, he started a blog that he posted to daily. I'm not sure how often he's blogging now, but I know he still does it on occasion.

My dad had a facebook account before my mom. He uses it for his antique radio club (he's the president) and other things of the same sort. My mom only got one because my cousin's eight year old son sent her a request.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Banned

profile gallery

Nope. However, he gets on mine more then I do. He uses it to check up on his nieces, nephews, siblings. However, most know the smart comments are from him. He wants to keep himself private. I don't have a problem with it. We don't usually post on our status. Just comment on others!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, and he has more "friends" than I do--because majority of them he friended because he plays poker, mafia wars, and vampire wars (among others). lol I can't tell you how many times he's looked at his wall, seen an update and is like "who the hey is that?"
Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, but that's sorta how we got to know eachother. We met at work and friended eachother on FB, then sorta skulked eachother's profiles until we were ready to give it a try... One year next month!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

yep..Matt and my oldest DD{17} both have one...and you wouldn't believe some of the stupid things we post to each other and usually my DH is the one that starts it...but he can get on at work now {we use to not be able to} so when he is bored or on his lunchbreak he goes on and checks it out....we don't have a joint acct, but I know his password so I go in and change his profile picture every now and then! but he always keeps the one I post cause he is too lazy to change it!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I set him an account because I was tired that he would use my account to play Farmville, but he got tired of playing so he never goes on Facebook anymore.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yup, he does, has had his almost as long as I have. He only has a handful or so people on his friends list that are not my friends. lol Mostly it's mutual friends and family on his.

hubby has been known to use my FB to send messages to my family, but he always signs his name on the message - I was set up to automatically sign in on the iPod, hopefully he has switched it to his now that he isn't home. lol

My oldest child has FB (he is 16) and I just let me daughter get it two weeks ago (she is 12 - yes, I lied on her age, I made her one year older than she really is). I only let her get it so that she could talk to her daddy while he is away at work. They have such a strong bond that I knew it would be hard on her to not have daddy here every day. And getting her set up on FB was cheaper than getting another cell phone for her to be able to text him. lol
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Quote:
Dh uses mine from time to time. It's my name (sorta, I have some of his 'issues' so my full legal name is known only to Amazon & Paypal online). I have 'friended' some of his friends on Facebook (very few are on there) & keep him updated on their doings or pass on messages. He has my PW so he can & occasionally does post as me to their walls. But since I know all of them anyway it's no big deal.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Jeff does.. he gets on it some, rarely posts except if he's bored, but he plays poker on there.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My friend does this and it annoys me some! I can't tell who is writing/talking half the time. I know my friend so I could "interpret" things a certain way, but if its her hubby posting (which he has been due to the stuff going on in Japan) then I just can't read as much into the posts.

My DH has an account, I am one of four friends he has. He only did it to keep in contact with a couple of friends in the USAF and they bugged him to get an account. But whenever I ask him about if he read something, he's like "OH I don't check it that often" Actually both of us are pretty tame in the FB thing. I only have military friends, immediate family and friends that I've had dinner with/lunch with as friends. So sorry if you try to friend me and I ignore you...I just get overwhelmed so easily on there and it is the ONLY way I can keep up with my military friends overseas. My total friends is like 50 or something and that is including a couple of spouses that each have their own account.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yup. He uses it to play games, lol.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband used to - his former boss wanted to communicate with him for business purposes through it. He found out she was very "talkative" on it outside of business, and then he also talked with some old high school classmates and just got caught in too much drama. He closed his Facebook account soon after he got let go from his job (especially after he saw his former boss dissing him to her "friends"). He hasn't rejoined because he has been looking for a job and he doesn't need his personal stuff becoming public. He has virtually no family that he talks to anymore, so he doesn't even have that to tempt him back.
I joined because of my Relay For Life activity, but also had a 25th high school reunion coming up here - the people in my class aren't super-active and we only had 28 in my graduating class, so it's not too crazy.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, he does have one. But he only has one friend, my son. LOL He dinged me to be a friend and I'm like NO way! He really only put one up because he was thinking about doing a page for his business, but he's never done that. And he never gets on it.

I'm also kind of weird because I refuse to have my local friends as friends on FB. I only use it for my scrappy, high school, and college friends, and family. My local friends give me trouble ALL the time because I ignore their requests. But it's a rule I have across the board, so they shouldn't take it personally, although some do.

I have some friends who have a FB account as a couple - personally I think it's sad.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Yes, he has one and uses it all the time. But he's not one to post status updates or anything, he uses it for networking his photography work and whatnot. He also uses it to play Farmville LMAO

We do not have a joint FB. We don't have joint email or anything else. I don't want him to read my email, even though I have nothing to hide (it's full of skating stuff really), and even though I probably know his email password, I don't check it either. I think everyone is entitled to their privacy.

ETA Tony is a cop, and I'm sure that's part of the reason he doesn't post much on his FB.

Last edited by newfiemountiewife; 03-28-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

LOL. Brett doesn't have a FB account. And, if he ever gets one, I think I'll fall down dead on the spot. He is quite anti-FB. I have a bunch of friends on FB that are actually his friends, and they use me to keep up with what's going on with him. He is a complete techno geek, is an IT Manager for a hospital, and spends a lot of time on the computer (or iPhone), but he is anti-social and doesn't care AT ALL about keeping up with friends. He barely keeps up with his family.

To be honest, I kind of like it. FB is a place where I can go and whine about my life and talk to my friends and not worry about hubby getting all uptight about what I post. It's not like I post anything crazy personal or stuff that I wouldn't share with him anyway. I just like having that little piece of my life that's really just mine. It's kind of the same way I feel about my scrappy stuff.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

No, mainly because he's not a computer person AT ALL and because he thinks it's a waste of time. BUT, he will listen as I update him on our friends so I think he secretly is as nosy as I am but won't admit it.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have a friend who does this with her hubby. I also know two people who have separate accounts and then opened a NEW account that's for the both of them. Eyng?!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Mine does, but he never gets on it, and I'm his only FB friend.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope, my husband won't have anything to do with facebook. Or the internet really. I even have to blur his face on my scrapbook pages. He thinks the less personal information out there (about him) the better.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine has one, though he rarely updates his status. Though, he checks it daily to be sure his soldiers are behaving on it. It's sorta something he has to do. I'm on way more than him.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes he does. He's way more social than me, so even though my list is fuller, he actually talks to a lot of people on his, mostly people from HS. (seriously this man could talk to the WALL & it would talk back).

He doesn't update it very regularly, but considering that when we started dating 6 years ago, he wouldn't even touch the computer, he's come a long, long way. & He even likes it. lol

Definitely not a shared account though. I couldn't handle that!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Joel has one that he checks often, but doesn't post much on there. He uses it mostly to send messages and keep in touch with college friends. He wrestled in college so he has teammates and guys he wrestled with / against scattered all over the world and that's the easiest way for those guys to keep up with each other. But I definitely post way more than he does and I think he depends on me to tag him in my photos for people to actually see him and keep up with what he's doing!! We do have a family blog (that I do all the posting on) and he'll occasionally post a link to that on FB.

NO WAY on the joint accounts - FB, e-mail, etc. People need to feel a sense of privacy (and trust) in a relationship IMO.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No, dh does not have one and I don't see him ever getting one. He doesn't like people in real life... why would he like them online? He is not a social person, and he's a salesman so he has to deal with people all day. He doesn't want to deal with them at home. (I know that sounds rude, but that's reality. He's very, very shy and it takes all his energy to get through work.) Obviously, I'm a social person, so the internet and FB are my ways to stay social when he wants nothing to do with it.

One downside to this is that I have to be friends with all of his family. I do not enjoy this. For a long time, I had his sisters blocked from seeing a lot of my Facebook. Then we had a near tragedy on his side, so I unblocked them. I'm ready to go back to blocking them again.

I hate when people have a combined account. His sister has one with my BIL and I hate when I think it's one of them posting, and then I realize it's the other.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

He has one but rarely uses it apart from the odd message to work friends now and then. We had problems with him on FB around 2 years ago when he had his laptop so he decided h not to use it as much ever again!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

He does and he only has like 20 "friends" (mostly family and a few from high school) but he has blocked everyone's feeds but mine!!! I always ask him....what's the point!?!?!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow