Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default Squeee!

So, I just signed up and got my first month of the Digifiles! Super excited about that I also got a scrap pack the other day. Is there anywhere else that has deals like this that I'm not aware of? I know MSA has the $5.00 for the year with a new kit every month or whatever, already got that too.

I may need to start putting myself on a budget haha... so far my rule has been as long as my hubby isn't paying for it, I can do it (meaning whatever I make from designing is all I can spend on my hobbies lol).

Curious how do you budget? Do you give yourself X amount to spend or do you just buy something when you want it?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I budget. I set an amount that I could afford weekly and if I don't purchase that week, I let it build up and usually buy during Sweet Rewards week to get the most bang for my buck. If you don't do the challenges here, you may want to consider starting in February.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

What's Sweet Rewards? I saw the challenges, was going to participate but there was no way I could do enough to make it count in a couple of days. Looking forward to seeing February's cuz I will def participate!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hubby put me on a paypal budget before I became a Babe... He puts money into my paypal account monthly and was suppose to keep to that amount... yeah, some months were better than others... hahaha. Now, I have my design money going to that account and I use that to buy something, which since I get to create with the best store in digiland, I don't find too many things that I need from other stores...
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Budget, budget, budget... and sometimes, rarely, splurge. LOL

I've bought more in the last year than I've bought in the past 8 that I've digiscrapped combined. Seriously. I never spend more than what I make from my design income though. I keep thinking I should put some new products in my store so that I can make a little more and thus spend a little more. (I'm on an extended hiatus right now) Getting on 2 CTs for designers here really helped me too. I get great kits from talented ladies and it curbs my spending some too because I know I need to scrap with CT kits before I buy more kits.

I do have a membership to The Daily Digi, but I haven't done any of the other sites yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmarcy View Post
What's Sweet Rewards? I saw the challenges, was going to participate but there was no way I could do enough to make it count in a couple of days. Looking forward to seeing February's cuz I will def participate!
Sweet Rewards are the discounts you earn by participating in the challenges. There is a full explanation here on how it all works:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=69244

Hope that helps.