Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Spin off: Seasons...

Since one of the prompts for BINGO was to scrap your spring bucket list I had to ask what was that as there not such word in spanish and if I can do something else since we don´t have spring.

Down here in the rainforrest we have 4 months (December through mid april) of dry weather that we call summer and 8 months of rainy season that we call winter. Hot and humid every single day fluctuating between 75°F and 99°F

So Christmas is hot, Valentines is hot, Easter is hot.... aaaaand when you are having summer here is down pouring rain every day... LOL!

I´ve never seen snow in my life and the coolest weather I've endure was 40°F on a vacation in NYC (and I was freezing my butt off)

So... how is your weather???

Made using Selfie Addict by Digilicious Designs
Old 03-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On the west coast of BC Canada we have fairly mild temps in the winter compared to the rest of Canada. We average around 40-55 throughout most of the winter and summer averages around 70-85. We get a lot of rain though which can be really depressing. But when the sun comes out it is a beautiful province. We didn't get any snow this year but usually we get one or two storms with a few inches of snow throughout the winter.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

In my part of NZ, we have a lot of rain in spring/winter/autumn and the lowest the temperature gets is probably 8 or 9°C (50ish F i think) during the day. We don't get snow in my city. During summer, we still have a decent amount of rain and the hottest it gets is probably 28°C (82F) - so while we're all feeling ready to die from the heat, its probably not that hot, haha.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In Indiana it is crazy up and down in the Spring and the Fall (currently almost Spring!). It will be like 70 one day and then 30 the next at this time of year. It's super not cool! Summer gets really hot...90's and stuff. Winter is really cold but we don't always hit below zero. This past Winter was not as cold as some!
Old 03-13-2016, 10:37 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Here in Beijing, we do 4 seasons, but mostly winter (or colder weather) for almost 3/4 of the year and 1/4 is super hot summer.
We don't get snow every winter, but when we get it, it's like a huge dump of snow AND super cold winter. When the winter is mild, the summer is super hot.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

VA weather is crazy, we have had snow and then 65F all in the same week of winter this year. My oldest is constantly saying he doesn't like how unpredictable it is. We were in Vegas before this and it really was more summer and then mild fall or spring between that.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:46 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to mshanhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivesparrow View Post
In my part of NZ, we have a lot of rain in spring/winter/autumn and the lowest the temperature gets is probably 8 or 9°C (50ish F i think) during the day. We don't get snow in my city. During summer, we still have a decent amount of rain and the hottest it gets is probably 28°C (82F) - so while we're all feeling ready to die from the heat, its probably not that hot, haha.

Wow!! 27 is a nice day for Perth!! Currently sweltering in 40 degrees today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2016, 12:49 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to mshanhun

In Australia we call them
Summer 1 Dec
Autumn 1 March
Winter 1 June
Spring 1 September

Depends where you are as to the actual temperatures and up north in the tropics they have the Dry and the Big Wet as their seasons.

The Nyoongar people (indigenous Australian local to my area) apparently had 7 seasons

Right now it's Autumn and the London Plane trees are all brown but it's still stinking hot - over 100 degrees these past few days

Winter gets down to about 0 Celcius and up to 12 most days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2016, 01:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Down in Victoria Australia we have the 4 seasons. Summer Dec 1, Autumn Match 1, Winter June 1 & Spring Sep 1. And all 4 are pretty spot on. For the first time I can ever remember we're having hot days in Autumn, like Summer still.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here in Maine (most northeastern part of the US) we have 4 definite seasons. We're entering spring now - nights are still cold (20s and 30s) and days range in the 40s and mid 50s with frequently wet weather. Spring turns to true summer usually around June and lasts through September with temps ranging mid 60s to 90s any given day and humidity can be awful or nonexistent - it fluctuates. Then comes fall/autumn anytime in September lasting through October with temps cooling back down to the 40s to high 50s and nice dry crisp air and little rain. Then winter comes sometime in November and lasts through February or March. Our winters have been crazy variable the past few years - last winter we had TONS of snow, like more than I've seen in 30+ years and cold, cold, cold (below zero a lot) but this winter we only had snow a few times (and less than 6 inches each time) and most of the winter we've been able to see our lawns and temps haven't been bad at all - mostly 20s and teens with only a few days of below zero. I would like to order this kind of winter for the next 20 years
Old 03-14-2016, 07:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Wisconsin - next to the Great Lakes.. I am northwest of Crystal... so we have similar weather, our winters are typically colder.

We have all four seasons... in winter, we can get really, really cold... a week or two of below zero (-17C) temps and dangerous wind chills... and in the summer, we can get a week or two of really hot weather of high 90's (32C) and very humid... and the rest of they year, everything in between, haha.

Spring and fall are our Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde months... one day it is almost 60 (15C) and beautiful... the next, 40 (4C) and rainy...
Old 03-14-2016, 07:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrianaVianey View Post
Since one of the prompts for BINGO was to scrap your spring bucket list I had to ask what was that as there not such word in spanish...
I thought the word was Primavera

Here in Bulgaria, Europe we have the four seasons:
Spring - beginning from 21st March
Summer - 21st June
Autumn - 23 September
Winter - 21 December

So, theoretically each season lasts about 3 months but in the last years the Spring is too short here -- the mild temperatures stay for like a month and a half and then it gets too hot (which I hate).
We do have snow every year, however, it tends to be less and less and winters are becoming warmer (not so cool because it messes with nature and leads to less harvest).

You know, Spring and Autumn are my FAVORITE seasons but the global warming thing steals our Spring

I really wouldn't be able to live in a place where it's too hot (like always hot). I think I might be able to adapt to colder weather better but then I'll be depressed all the time. Weather do impact my mood.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 03-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the UK and we have the 4 seasons, but Summer isn't really hot and Winter isn't really cold lol. The 2 seasons inbetween are generally quite nice and are my 2 definitely my favourite seasons.

We get pretty excited over here in the Summer if it gets to around 20c which I think is approx 70f and even when it does it lasts a few days before it rains again We don't really have a proper Winter either in terms on snow, it gets colder but we don't have a proper snowfall so again when we get a slight bit of it the country goes into meltdown mode lol.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-nana-scraps View Post
Oriana, what country do you live in? That's a lot of months of rain, but that's why rain forrests are so green and beautiful.

I live in Texas and we are having upper 80 degrees temperatures this week...should be in the 60s.
I live in Panama

Made using Selfie Addict by Digilicious Designs
Old 03-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you idon'thave spring, or spring is not coming up, I think I'd scrap about the upcoming season and your bucket list for that! I don't think I could handle all that rain! Or the super hot weather - unless I were underwater.

I'm in the northern half of the US and smilier weather to what many others have said. It's getting warmer here (much earlier than usual - yay!) and it's wonderful to see the grass greening up and being able to be outside again.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The weather here in SC is really unpredictable and changes often. For example, the temperature can change as much as 20 degrees from one day to the next, especially during the transition from winter to spring.

Winter here is usually fairly mild. We RARELY ever get snow. We don't get much of a spring or fall. It goes from hot to cold and cold to hot super quickly.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clucaswvu04 View Post
VA weather is crazy, we have had snow and then 65F all in the same week of winter this year. My oldest is constantly saying he doesn't like how unpredictable it is. We were in Vegas before this and it really was more summer and then mild fall or spring between that.
That is how our weather is this time of year...in Spanish we have a proverb "Febrero loco y Marzo otro poco" Just means, February is crazy and so is March.....unpredictability.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Central Texas, we don't really have seasons. We have really warm, HOT, "OMG I'm practically being burnt alive", and 3 months of "Hey, I can wear pants!".
Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
I live in Central Texas, we don't really have seasons. We have really warm, HOT, "OMG I'm practically being burnt alive", and 3 months of "Hey, I can wear pants!".
ROFL! You practically had me in tears, Keely!