Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2023, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping 2024 goals?

I'm excited for the new challenges of 2024 to start up. We are now in what better be our "forever home" in Alberta. Two moves in 1.5 years is enough to last me a lifetime. I look forward to getting back into a scrappy schedule. Since moving into the new home a few wks ago, I have started a routine of getting up in the morning and enjoying an hour or two, sitting at the kitchen nook, enjoying the sunrise and a good book. Then I've been in my office unpacking and organizing. I am now ready to get back into scrapping for a few hours most days.

I want to scan and scrap some of my mom's photos. I am unpacking and storing photos in our media room so they'll be easy to find. I also want to work on my storytelling (which I kind of suck at).

Lastly, I want to scrap more of my holiday photos (3 trips in the last year or so).

This should keep me quite busy throughout the year What about you?
Old 12-30-2023, 03:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for starting this thread, Rae! It’s just the nudge I need to think about my 2024 scrappy goals.

I have boxes and boxes of family photos that need to be digitized. I’m hoping to get a new photo scanner for my birthday in January, so that’s my first project.

I need to focus on getting pages about me in our albums, so I’ve got a couple projects specifically related to that in mind, namely an Encyclopedia of Me.

I started building our family tree recently, so I want to finish that out and get it recorded in hard copy for the kids.

And I need to get refocused on our family yearbooks and actually finish one this year. Oy.

Ooooh, and I want to start an album for my sewing projects.

You said you want to work on your storytelling - I’d love to learn more about what you’ve got in mind. Are you talking about the journaling on your layouts? Or do you have something bigger in mind? Color me curious!

Old 12-30-2023, 05:09 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Yes great thread! I also want to work on my story telling. Maybe some of the better gals can share some prompts or tips and tricks to help us out?
I have some older photos (pre digital age) that I want to scrap both digi and paper - so I can use up all my paper products.
I also want to learn some new techniques. I struggle with cut outs and making alpha/titles
Old 12-30-2023, 06:05 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I want to devote 10 minutes per day to scrapping. Ever since going back to work full time (I'm in my third year), it's been difficult to find time to scrap--even in the summer, when I'm not working. (I'm too busy doing the things I can't do during the school year.) I tried devoting 10 min this fall/winter, but fell off. I want to set an alarm on my phone and MAKE myself stop scrolling Insta/watching TV/disassociating on the couch lol and actually scrap, download photos from my phone to my computer, or back up supplies or photos etc.

My thinking is that once I get going, then I'll be happy to keep scrapping. The 10 minutes will turn into a half hour or an hour of dedicated scrapping time. Whatever projects I want to work on (vacation albums, yearly albums, just fun pages that I want to make) will never get done if I don't actually sit down in front of the my computer and spend the time to make the darn pages!
Old 12-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love to find a CT spot because I really miss the creative push it gives me and creativity is part of what gives me joy.

I would like to get my books printed. I have 2019 and 20 ready to be ordered on Shutterfly and need to turn 21 into a book.

I just recently started 2022 photos so I would like to finish that up and start 23 as well
Old 12-30-2023, 09:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm hoping to wrap up 2023, I have barely touched it this year, so that's my main goal. I have everything organized and it templates (even Christmas), I think I have 140 ish pages I need to tackle, if I can do a page or two a day, I can be done by March.

Then I need to switch gears and work on my oldest son's personal books, he's in 10th grade, and I'd love to not be playing hurry up and get done when he's a senior like his big sister.

I will do random about me pages throughout the year as the feeling strikes and I'd love to get a scanner to scan my old Advantix negatives, that's in the canisters, I'd love to go back and scrap some photos from when I was stationed in Japan. I have them paper scrapped, but I've got a feeling there are photos I didn't include I'd love to see again.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I would def like to spend more time scrapping this year... but it may be tough with helping wedding planning for my daughter...

One project I would like to complete is a recipe book for my daughter that is getting married.

I'm not making any other big scrapping goals since I know I will be sewing a lot next year again. This year I completed a handful of big and little sewing projects.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 12-30-2023, 10:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

finish getting all the memories I have in instragram/facebook and make sure I have a layout on those memories - I have like 500 layouts in progress since I started this...yikes!

I also need to start my son's school year books - he graduates in 2025... and I haven't even started. sigh.

I need to get at least one in progress album done... and print. I didn't print any books this year. :/
Old 12-31-2023, 12:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I need to set some scrappy goals, but I don't want to set myself up for failure by taking on anything too ambitious. I'm FINALLY in my last semester of grad school, but I have to work full time this semester so think I'll be maxed out juggling family, grad school, and work. Once I graduate I'll get a new job that will demand more out-of-work time from me, so the fall is probably going to be very busy, too.

I have about 50 more pages to do in my current photobook, so my first goal is to finish that by the time school (work) gets out in mid-June. Then I'll start scrapping the second half of 2021 this summer. I definitely won't finish it in 2024, but I just want to feel like I'm making consistent progress, even if that means a page a week.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
You said you want to work on your storytelling - I?d love to learn more about what you?ve got in mind. Are you talking about the journaling on your layouts? Or do you have something bigger in mind? Color me curious!
About the journaling.

Since I suck at remembering lots of details about past events, what I want to focus on is what do I see in the photos? Does it trigger an emotion? It'll be more about how I feel as to what event has happened in the photo. Make sense? Instead of struggling with lots of info about the reason for the photo, I want to focus on kind of the peripheral things about it. This applies especially to my mom's photos and the old photos my cousin sent me b/c I don't know anything about the actual story behind the photos.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeideC View Post
Yes great thread! I also want to work on my story telling. Maybe some of the better gals can share some prompts or tips and tricks to help us out?
I have some older photos (pre digital age) that I want to scrap both digi and paper - so I can use up all my paper products.
I also want to learn some new techniques. I struggle with cut outs and making alpha/titles
I've finally got most of my old photos in one spot so it'll be fun to delve into that. I'm going to scan them on my phone and send them to my online storage, then I can pull them up in photoshop for scrapping.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I really stink at accomplishing the scrapping goals I set! lol! Not that I don't set them... it just seems like something always comes up to derail me.

So, here are my goals (and, hopefully when I check them on Dec 31, 2024, I will have at least accomplished some!)

I am so behind on scrapping my kids' memories. They are all grown, and I "should" have their books done. But, like I said above, something always derails it. This year, I will get ONE YEAR totally done and printed!

I also have TONS of negatives and photos that need to be scanned. As I'm scrapping, I plan on continuing scanning.

I love your goal, Rae, of getting better at storytelling. I'm pretty sure I read about a class coming this year to Digital Scrapper, but now I can't find the email. Maybe I'll look on Amazon for a book?
Old 12-31-2023, 12:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wrapped up 2022 this morning and ordered my album. So that felt good.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh... one other goal I have: I NEED to scrap FASTER I am seriously the s-l-o-w-e-s-t scrapper on the planet. I agonize about everything.
Do I need to simplify? Do I need to go with the flow? Do I need to find a 12-step program????????
Old 12-31-2023, 02:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have three vacation albums to work on with 3 possible trips planned out this year. So, I would like to get those finished. I also need to figure out what to do for my son's graduation in 2025. Doesn't need to be done but I need to have some ideas.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I have three vacation albums to work on with 3 possible trips planned out this year. So, I would like to get those finished. I also need to figure out what to do for my son's graduation in 2025. Doesn't need to be done but I need to have some ideas.
For my daughter I did a pocket page, 1 per month from birth to graduation, no journaling or anything, super simple. She loved them. I think it was just over 200 pages total between 4 Shutterfly books.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Oh... one other goal I have: I NEED to scrap FASTER I am seriously the s-l-o-w-e-s-t scrapper on the planet. I agonize about everything.
Do I need to simplify? Do I need to go with the flow? Do I need to find a 12-step program????????
I don't know how long it takes you to scrap but your pages are gorgeous, so don't try to speed up your process, just keep doing what you do
Old 12-31-2023, 11:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I also need to figure out what to do for my son's graduation in 2025. Doesn't need to be done but I need to have some ideas.
Before you start, I'd check in with your son about what he'd find meaningful and acceptable. When my oldest graduated in 2022, he requested 1 photo book (and *ONLY* one) that he could bring to college with him. (He also wanted a flash drive with all our albums on it.) He told me that he wanted it to cover all 18 years of his life but focus more on the last 10 or so years, the ones that he would also have memories of.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am hoping to be well enough this year to create more memories & photos.
Keep letting scrapping be fun/enjoyable while being on two permanent teams and a guest spot through to the end of January

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-01-2024, 12:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Thank you, Vanessa & Rachel. Those are great ideas.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have lots of projects I need to get done. Here are a few I am starting with:

December Daily 2023- COMPLETED!!
PL 2022- weeks 32-52- 2 weeks done!
PL 2023- the whole year!
Jase Elementary Album- COMPLETED!!
Katelyn Elementary Album- K-5th grade
Jase Soccer- 22/23
Em Soccer- 22/23
Disneyland- Aug 23/Oct 22/Dec21

Last edited by kristalund; 01-18-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I don't know how long it takes you to scrap but your pages are gorgeous, so don't try to speed up your process, just keep doing what you do
You're so sweet I take hours & hours most pages... like I maybe can get one done in a day! {face palm}
Old 01-01-2024, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Digi scrapping is so important to me for my well-being. I'm retired and especially during the winter months I need to keep busy and digi scrapping is my go-to for that. I hope to join at least one more CT team this year and keep up with the challenges as well as scrap some of the older photos from family albums of when my kids were growing up. There's a new grandbaby coming end of March so I'm excited for the new arrival!

Old 01-01-2024, 10:12 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I need to finish up my December Faves 2023 and my daughter's first 52 weeks album before I am able to think of any other projects. Fingers crossed that I can get my Dec Faves to wrap up quickly. The baby album, I am still a long way though... I am not even half way yet.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to finish our Disney Cruise album and get it printed, BEFORE we go on our next Disney Cruise in 2025. I would love to have a bunch of albums finished for when they have Shutterfly sales- I would just be all prepared and ready to print!!
Old 01-02-2024, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
Digi scrapping is so important to me for my well-being. I'm retired and especially during the winter months I need to keep busy and digi scrapping is my go-to for that. I hope to join at least one more CT team this year and keep up with the challenges as well as scrap some of the older photos from family albums of when my kids were growing up. There's a new grandbaby coming end of March so I'm excited for the new arrival!
Me too Lidia. I retired last year and now digi scrapping has become an almost daily activity. I love that I have time to do this and still have time for other things, no job to get in the way now If I didn't scrap I would go crazy, it is my creative and emotional outlet.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I want to scrap consistently in 2024. In 2023, I went through surges & slogs...but more slogs
I need to finish my 2023 Project Life.
Keep up with journaling for 2024 Project Life.
Would love to finally finish my Disneyland album (2016!)
And get really close to 100 "mixed memories" pages to print out by the end of the year. I think I'm at 2 that haven't already been printed.

When my cousin was pregnant, I made a "fill in the blank" style paper scrapbook for baby's first year. In November, just 20 years after I made that album, my cousin's daughter was killed in a car accident. My cousin hadn't finished filling in the scrapbook, but had photos for it in a bin. I brought the bin and the album home with me, and I really would like to prioritize working on this for her. I'd also like to make her a digi album with photos from her 20 short years and include the beautiful words people shared in memory of her.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just want to scrap. I don't think I've really scrapped since 2022. Then I wasn't even doing pages as much as using Photoshop and scrappy supplies to create visuals for assignments. I did one page in 2023... about my One Little Word for 2024. That's it. I have lots of things to scrap. I just need to get my dang photos organized.
Old 01-06-2024, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap about a year behind, so I'd like to finish up 2022 and order my book then continue with 2023. I only have books since 2019 completed, so I am working backwards on 2018 when I feel like it.
I was thrown a curve ball Christmas morning when my less than four year old computer wouldn't work. Turns out my hard drive was almost full, so I've had to spend some heartbreaking time deleting some of my stash. I had way too much fun shopping for supplies, so now I had to pay the price. lol
Old 01-07-2024, 01:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to finish up our USA trip photobook. It's been 4 years since our trip, and I think I've finally scrapped most of the pics I wanted to scrap. I'm currently at 174 pages. My daughter is telling me to hurry up and get it printed. Just a couple more layouts and title page to go.
Old 01-14-2024, 06:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
I want to devote 10 minutes per day to scrapping. Ever since going back to work full time (I'm in my third year), it's been difficult to find time to scrap--even in the summer, when I'm not working.
This is my goal, too, except for 15 minutes/day instead of ten. I need a few minutes to get my brain in the game.

I'd like to finish my 2022 & 2023 albums, as well as make an album of our trip to Washington DC.

But, to be really honest, I haven't even finished my in-laws' calendar yet, so I'm still pretty far behind!
Old 01-14-2024, 05:44 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
This is my goal, too, except for 15 minutes/day instead of ten. I need a few minutes to get my brain in the game.

I'd like to finish my 2022 & 2023 albums, as well as make an album of our trip to Washington DC.

But, to be really honest, I haven't even finished my in-laws' calendar yet, so I'm still pretty far behind!
I kept the amount low because it seemed do-able. 15 min seemed stretching it lol.

Good luck with your 15 minute goal! Maybe I'll push myself and make my goal 15 min, too, if 10 min keeps going well.