Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-16-2019, 01:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 11/15

I had a busy day today which prompted today’s questions.
  1. Is there a day of the week that is busier than others?
  2. Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others?
  3. Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time?
  4. If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind?
Old 11-16-2019, 01:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 - Fridays are generally busy for me because I always have errands to run that didn’t get done earlier in the week like banking, groceries, pet food shopping and going to the natural organic store. I usually stops at Walmart and the drugstore too.
2 - I do all the kitchen stuff...cooking, meal prep and cleanup. Hubs will do laundry and vacuuming. He does the outside chores...taking out garbage, mowing the lawn. We both do garden weeding and pruning.
3 - Reading. I have 2 digital library accts so always have lots of books to read. I have an app on my phone so can read anywhere as I always have my phone with me. I love to curl up in my recliner with my book and a coffee or tea.
4 - I love to binge watch shows or get outdoors for a walk with Taz and often bring my camera.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? Definitely Tuesday. Tue - Fri all have activities, but Tuesday EVERYONE has something going on and we are pulled in so many different directions with very tight time deadlines so it gets pretty hectic and crazy.
Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? I do most of it, since I do stay home I usually feel guilty asking for help. I do have a very small list per child of things they need to do every day (I'll be damned if I raise them to be complete freeloaders lol) that help me out some.
Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Playing with makeup. I'm fascinated with the whole industry from behind the scenes of business to the products themselves. I use makeup the same way an artist uses paint, only difference is my face in the canvas and I wash away all the hard work at the end of the day.
If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? I'm actually pretty backwards.... I take a few hours in the morning to relax while the house is quiet, sometimes I surf the web, sort through files, write in my planner, scrap.... basically anything that keeps me calm. Once the chaotic part of the day begins I typically don't stop again until my head hits the pillow.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? It depends on the time of year and what days the boys have activities. At work, Tuesdays are usually my busiest day.
Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? We have a cleaning service that comes in bi-weekly (love, love, LOVE this) and beyond that for things like laundry, everyone does their own (except the 2 ½ year old, lol); we rotate dishes, etc. I wish my older boys were more helpful. Sometimes it's more effort to hound them to do something as it is to just do it myself.
Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Reading
If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? Usually with a glass of wine and some scrapping
Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? Not really.
Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? Mostly me but DH helps with his part of laundry and some common area work. Kids will do things as "prompted" or should I say threatened?!
Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Hanging with the fam.
If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? Scrapping. Watching mindless TV. Dessert.

Old 11-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? Not really.
Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? Mostly me but DH helps with his part of laundry and some common area work. Kids will do things as "prompted" or should I say threatened?!
Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Hanging with the fam.
If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? Scrapping. Watching mindless TV. Dessert.
Kiana - ha ha....love that you said "dessert"! I'm a comfort foodie too.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? Overall? No. At work it varies. Right now I work my 2nd job on Thursdays but next Thursday is the last week until January for that. It’s a family engagement program. Friday nights we bowl, but other than that no scheduled weekly activities these days.

[BDo you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others?][/B] Right now if I don’t do it, it doesn’t get done. Hubby used to be so much better at helping when he worked midnight shift. He’d wake up motivated to do stuff. Now he works days and comes home tired. Before when he came home he went straight to bed. My teens are NO help. It’s all about to come crashing down on them though.

Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Read, I guess. I don’t actively do any of my hobbies these days. Too much school and work.

If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? Watch TV, or rather sit on the couch and play games on my iPad while hubby watches something on TV.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others?
Wednesdays right now are super busy for us- I work tues/wed; in the evening, my son has hockey practice (hubby is his coach!) and my daughter has softball pitching academy. I literally leave at 640am, quick pick up daughter after work at 5pm & go straight to softball, home at 7:30pm. Ugh...

Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others?
I do the majority I would say, although my husband is great at helping out. The kids are responsible for some chores too. AND I just started getting a housekeeper that comes for 2 hours every other week to do all the floors & bathrooms. SO worth it!

Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time?
I like to read or catch up on tv shows

If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind?
Usually it's after kids are in bed, hubby & I snuggle on the couch & catch up on our dvr'd shows. I enjoy a cup of coffee almost every night - it's weirdly relaxing!
Old 11-17-2019, 11:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Kiana - ha ha....love that you said "dessert"! I'm a comfort foodie too.
Gotta have the comforts!!!

Old 11-17-2019, 07:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? I think probably Fridays for me are a little busier, but all weekdays are honestly pretty hectic.

Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? I do most of the cleaning and cooking since I work at home, but my kids each have a chore to help, and my boyfriend does all the handyman type stuff.

Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Definitely watching some TV.

If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? Laying in bed watching TV if I get a chance!!
Old 11-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I had a busy day today which prompted today’s questions.
Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? For me - Friday's. Mostly because of what has to be done at work to close out the week. No matter how far ahead I think I am, Friday's always kick my butt.
Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? I do almost all of it. My boys clean their rooms and take out the trash, but the rest is all me!
Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? Reading, writing, exercising, meditating.
If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? Light a candle, burn some sage and meditate! Take a hot bath and grab a book.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 11-29-2019, 08:12 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Is there a day of the week that is busier than others? I work shift work, so it's different every week.
Do you do most of the housework or do you share chores with others? I do 90% of the housework
Other than scrapping, how do you like to spend a few hours of “me” time? reading or watching netflix
If you’ve had a busy day, how do you unwind? TV or reading