Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2011, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone have stoneware dishes from Target?

I want some new dishes, we bought some from Sears a couple years ago, the Ty Pennington ones, they are stoneware, really heavy, they chip super easy. I hate them. I think we're down to 7 bowls & 7 salad plates, and 5 out of the 8 plates have chips in them, one is huge.

Anyone have the stoneware kind from Target, have you had any chipping issues?

The ones I want don't have a review of them. I'm going to stop at Target on Monday and check them out, I might ask for some for Christmas if they are good quality.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ive had stonware in the past and never liked them as they broke to easily but now have had Corelle for years and it is so resistant. Trust me I have dropped them many times and no chips/breaks. A few times they have even bounced LOL. Here is the set I have I think I paid 25 dollars at Walmart for a service for four. Comes with dinner plates, saucers, mugs and bowls.

Corelle does have many designs aside from that one. I mainly bought them because it was what my mom had when I was growing up and they withstood six kids for many years.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any from Target either, but I have some stoneware & hate them! They are Oneida & they chip & break so easily! And they are SO heavy! I also love my Corelle! Mine are hand me downs that were my in-laws' that they got when my husband was little! So, they're at least 25 years old & they still look brand new!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing Corelle next time too. I just hate the stoneware that I have...especially because I really really wanted it and spent more than I should have on it. And the Corelle that I've had since before I was married still looks fantastic.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'll probably in the minority but I hated our Corelle..they broke all the time! (might be b/c we have tile floor and they usually broke or chipped when dropped)

We have some JCP home ones now..got them on sale last year (199 marked down to 59) I like theirs b/c they come as service for 12..the only downside is the bowls are kinda small but they are really sturdy

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I have those same Corelle ones Jessica!!! I've had them for 15 years!!! I think we've broken 1. Love Corelle.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This isn't really an answer to your question but, I'm a Feistaware girl, myself. They are totally amazing and so chip proof. Plus, they are all the same style and you can just add new colors. I'm kinda addicted to my Feistaware.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I'm with Meg...Ilove stone wear and hate Corelle!!!

I have a really old set of Pfaltzgraff that I *LOVE*!!! My mom gave it to me and she got it when she and my dad got married (50 years ago last May) and we haven't chipped or broke one and we use then for 3 meals a day every day...2 of those meals are with all 7 of us!!! Love my Pfaltzgraff!!

ETA: My mom never used them...they sat in a china closet until about 10 years ago when she gave them to me...but we have used them every day for 10 years!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by mummytothree; 11-27-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have some Martha Stewart dishes I got at Kmart years ago, they are break resistant, I like the plates & salad plates, hate the bowls, too small, and they came with tea cups & saucers, I donated those to goodwill.

My SIL has some stonewear from Target I think, I'm going over there to take some pictures of them, so maybe I'll check them out. Thanks girls!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have Apilco dishes. I've had them for 15 years and I have two chips - one on the lip of a bowl and one on a coffee mug.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
This isn't really an answer to your question but, I'm a Feistaware girl, myself. They are totally amazing and so chip proof. Plus, they are all the same style and you can just add new colors. I'm kinda addicted to my Feistaware.
i have fiestaware too ... i love it - it is super sturdy (i have no cracks/chips at all - although i don't think i've dropped it on a tile floor so i cannot address that ) ... i love how heavy/sturdy it is and how i can play with the colors. for a while i had a rainbow of colors, but i've switched and now have a bunch of different shades of blue + the white.

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have stonewear from Target and it has held up very well. I think we have had it for 6 years now...I have only had 1 plate chip and it was my fault for hitting it on the granite! I love the bowls, they are really deep and great for soups and cereal.