Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default The "Triathlon" Page Was

the first time I have scrapped a layout without a template in almost two years!

So not only was it super challenging to keep track of doing everything in THREES, but I had to start with an original idea.

I nearly died, but I love {both} of my finish products! (I had to re-vamp mine because I didn't triple my journaling the first time. See, so much thinking!)

What was the triathlon page to you?
Old 06-26-2016, 02:08 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

A lot of thinking to make sure I keep up with the rules and not forget anything! It was challenging, but quite fun!
Old 06-26-2016, 02:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm such a template girl that this was challenging. I read the directions over and over to make sure I wasn't missing anything, looked at the example quite a few times. I started making a layout and realized that I didn't really have circles in my layout as a big part. So then I had to rethink my page design and what I wanted to do. I kept my flower clusters that I had made in my previous design and moved things around some. Then after completing my layout I kept counting everything to make sure they were in 3's. It was a fun challenge and I learned how to make a reflection like shown in the example, even though I didn't do it that way in mine.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was challenging and limiting. The "no-template" wasn't a problem as I usually don't use them but the restriction to use one photo three times without being able to crop it was kinda limiting for me. I was thinking about my page a couple of days...I wanted to have an idea before starting and when I came up with something in my head, I tried to do it but didn't like the result. Then I started another which I had to redo a few times before I liked it. In the end, it was fun because of all those rules Thanks for challenging me. Good luck everyone!
--
Mama to Albert
Old 06-26-2016, 04:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

the no template whas no big deal for me but i am with anelia i had trouble using the same photo three time without cropping them . For me this will not be a page for in my album but i love how my page dit came out !
Old 06-26-2016, 05:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still working on my page. For me, it was intimidating! I thought about my page from the time the challenge was posted until Sat, when I finally felt like I had an idea and a strategy for approaching it. Now that I've finally got it all figured out it's coming together fine, but the reflection and doing everything in 3's are why it took me so long to get an idea. (The 3 photos the same I only did for my posted version...I'm planning to swap out 2 of them for others in the series before I print.)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 06-26-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yep challenging to work without a template.

My biggest challenge was wording. I really didn't want to repeat any of it (it looked way too forced). In the end I left it all out. I am sure I will add some in for my own album though.

Like Rachel I'm not keen on using the same photo three times either. I may also go and change those up for my own use,

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenging to have3 separate areas and repeat everything in 3s. But fun! I'm enjoying a motivating challenge every week since I've scrapped so little this month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a template girl. That's all I ever scrap, so this challenge was wicked, wicked hard for me. But once I started laying the ground work the rest kinda just flowed. For it being a no template layout I am so excited with my outcome. It was a nice change of pace to be pushed outside my comfort zone.

Last edited by tammybean04; 06-26-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You ladies are amazing! You've all done a fabulous job with the challenge!

Old 06-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me, it was the circle part that I was most intimidated by, as I normally don't use circles often in my LOs. Tripling the papers was a challenge, too. Actually, tripling anything, I usually use an element once per layout.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The reflection part was the most intimidating aspect of this challenge for me. I wanted to do something creative and different, and although I'm not sure how "different" mine is, I'm happy with the outcome. I sat on the idea/instructions for several days before I had a solid concept in my head, and from there, I just ran with it. I can't wait for the next challenge!
Old 06-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I knew I wanted to use a photo of my girls in a way that they could be part of the reflection instead of making the reflection in ps. My mom is here visiting so I was reading rules and we were bouncing ideas back and forth. I had just taken the pic I used the past weekend and I loved how it looked for it. So I ended up using them as the start of the reflection and made the whole right side reflect the left. The circle design was easy lol, I'm really into circles in my los lately! All my ellies are in 6s , it since I wanted the right to reflect the left, I used each 3 times on the left then the same on the right. It took longer though to come up with the idea properly following the rules than it did to make it. It was fun though!! Can't wait for the next challenge
Old 06-26-2016, 05:00 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Really a challenge! So many things to think about and keep in check. Still not sure if I met all the requirements, but it definitely was some hard thinking! Still fun though
Old 06-26-2016, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This was the first time in a VERY long time I have set down to just be creative and make a layout. I've been so focused on getting PL or CT stuff done that I hadn't just scrapped.

I really enjoyed it!
Old 06-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I thought that the three separate areas was the trickiest part. I usually like to just have one area with stuff but I have been specifically working on that the past couple of months so it was good to have a challenge that tested that.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was way to much out of my scrapping style to even try it.
I've done challenge pages that I change later adapt to my style, but I do not repeat pictures, I donīt like lace and I donīt do clusters, so I didnīt know where to put all the round things and the elements in threes.
However all the pages I've seen are very beautiful. Kudos to all of you.
Iīm eagerly waiting for the next challenge.

Made using Selfie Addict by Digilicious Designs
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

The title was really the hardest part for me... I always feel my pages need one, but whenever I tried to put 3 of them on my page, it didn't look right no matter what I tried. I ended up using one of my son's nicknames, which is BBB, so it was just the one letter repeated 3 times. I'm hoping that will fit the requirements! I was also paranoid about making sure everything was really there 3 times... I ended up duplicating my layout and then grouping everything on the page to make double sure it was all accounted for.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardley View Post
I thought that the three separate areas was the trickiest part.
For me too! That's the instruction I kept forgetting about all the time. Every time I corrected something on my LO I tended to connect the 3 areas too much and I had to correct it again!

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 06-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Remembering to keep everything in 3s was challenging. I had to keep checking and trying to focus so i didn't do too much or too little. The first one was so challenging for me, so I'm a bit nervous to see what's coming LOL.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So where are the instructions about no template? We were on vacation last week, so I didn't see the challenge until last night. I read through all the directions and made a layout, but I used a template. I'm gonna be annoyed if it won't work for the challenge, as that's the only reason I did it.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was absolutely challenging! When I first read the rules, I had an idea or two in mind but when I started working on my page, I ended up with an entirely different photo and approach! I guess it was mainly because of having to repeat the photo 3x and for whatever reason, what stuck to me was the "circles as a LARGE design element." LARGE was in all caps so I had to make it obvious I made the circles large. LOL. And like many, I checked and re-checked that everything is in 3s.

Last edited by immaculeah; 06-27-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
So where are the instructions about no template? We were on vacation last week, so I didn't see the challenge until last night. I read through all the directions and made a layout, but I used a template. I'm gonna be annoyed if it won't work for the challenge, as that's the only reason I did it.
This! I didn't see that either and I used a template too! I know that some of the other layouts used templates as I recognize them from the shoppe.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm not judging this shindig so I could be wrong, but I think most people worked without a template for the same reason I did, it would be trickier to find a template that encompassed all the specific requirements of the challenge. But if you found one, I certainly didn't see anywhere that said you couldn't use one.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think templates were allowed. I started out by looking through my SSD templates, but I didn't have anything I thought would work well so I went template-free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk