Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Help with the first visit from the tooth fairy!!!

Logan has a loose tooth and I mean LOOSE! He's 5 and it's gonna come out in the next few days, so what should the tooth fairy do for the first visit?

I was thinking a 50 cent piece or a gold dollar and a letter, is that enough? Something else? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have ideas for the letter too?

ETA: I am making a pillow similar to this:

And I will make a letter and certificate for that first tooth, I imagine the fairy will leave notes for subsequent teeth!

http://toothfairycity.com/city/?q=node/10

http://www.hooverwebdesign.com/free-...icate-Male.pdf

http://www.freetoothfairyletters.com...h-fairy-letter

And I am totally sprinkling some dust (aka glitter) when it happens! THANKS for all the great ideas ladies!!!!!! Now we just have to wait for that tooth to come out!!!!

Last edited by alansrock; 06-18-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

We do a new toothbrush $5 in gold coins and a $1 gold coin each tooth after.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansrock View Post
Logan has a loose tooth and I mean LOOSE! He's 5 and it's gonna come out in the next few days, so what should the tooth fairy do for the first visit?

I was thinking a 50 cent piece and a letter, is that enough? Something else? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the tooth fairy should put a special "tooth box" under Logan's pillow!

I had found one at Hobby Lobby I think years ago that had a lid that pivoted and was in the shape of a tooth...and I painted a face on it.

I also created this recycle project about 9 years ago for Kids Domain...which makes an inexpensive one to stick in a backpack in case the child loses it at school.

http://crafts.kaboose.com/clear-plastic-tooth-box.html
Old 06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

We do $5 for the first tooth, $2 for each tooth after that. None of them have lost molars yet, and I'm wondering if they should be a bit extra since they're bigger LOL
Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm just shocked that you said 5 years old and a tooth ready to come out! I'm not ready for my "BABIES" to lose their teeeeeeeth. WHAAAAAAAAAAAA! I haven't checked my kids teeth to see if any were ready. I think the very first tooth deserves a big reward (really like the gold dollar idea) and I like the idea of a letter (I tend to do letters for a lot of things though, LOL)!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Our tooth fairy brings a gold dollar coin, letter, and sprinkles "Fairy dust" from the window to the bed. Surprisingly, the fairy dust is my son's favorite part!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have a special bear that holds the tooth until the tooth fairy arrives, and she leaves $2 for each tooth. DS was so excited about her coming (even though he's still embarrassed about losing teeth) that he didn't need anything "extra" for the first visit.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DS has only lost one (another is soooooo loose ) and he got $5 and a little letter with a new toothbrush. I'm thinking $2 for each tooth from here on out.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Abby got $2 for her first tooth and $1 for the 2nd one. She got letters with each. I found some printables online.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Man I am going broke here with all my kids teeth. The tooth fairy still brings a nice crisp $5 bill every single time! Though we don't do anything special we just hope we "remember" before they wake up in the morning to do the swap a roo. WE have had several oopses and told the kids that they must have woken up too early and to go back to bed and we hurried and distracted them and did the switch out. Ugh it just happens I guess when I have 5 kids! Though I always feel like a horrible Mom when I forget!

All of your fun ideas sound great though. The tooth fairy did once write an appology letter for being late on some pretty stationary and a gold glitter pen.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

we have a special tooth fairy box and a gold coin is left, Australia has $1 and $2 gold coins, and it doesn't matter what value, it's understood by DD that it's whatever the tooth fairy has left When the first tooth was lost a little note was left saying "see you next time"
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Dang, kids have it good now! lol We got $1 for our first tooth & 25 cents, for every tooth after that! lol And we were thrilled about that quarter too! lol
Old 06-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I forget how much I got when I was little. But I'm sure kids would be thrilled with whatever they get, I just know how bummed they are when the tooth fairy forgets. LOLOL! The neighbor girl that spend the night last night has a loose tooth. So we started talking about it and she was telling me how many times the tooth fairy forgot to come to their house (for her sister and herself)! Devastation, I tell ya! ROFLMBO!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

WARNING!!!
Do not make it too profitable for your kid. My older three kids went on a tooth pulling spree to try to earn money for the county fair. And some of them were not ready to come out. I shut the tooth fairy off after that experience. But I was a little too late. My oldest daughter has a snaggle tooth because the other teeth grew in and crowded her gums. Now the one she pulled that was not ready has come in and it is high up on her gum line.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdumas View Post
WARNING!!!
Do not make it too profitable for your kid. My older three kids went on a tooth pulling spree to try to earn money .
My husband did this when he was a kid.... lol!

robin