Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Christmas gifts for teens & preteens

It's SO weird to me knowing that we're now at a time with our family that we don't have littles for Christmas and Christmas gifts are getting harder to figure out (the ones they'd love are too pricey haha)

What are you planning on getting your older kids or what are they wishing for?
Old 11-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

My kiddo is 8 going on 18 so he isn't quite at tween age, but his wishlist mostly consists of albums he wants and a record player. If the tweens/teens in your life are into music, that might be a fun collection to start! He also asked for a bath bomb making kit (I found mine on brambleberry but there are a lot out there!).

My 19 year old brother is getting the sauces from his favorite restaurants (he loves campfire sauce from Red Robin and Sweet BBQ from Buffalo Wild Wings) and gift cards to go out, because his friends are big on eating out.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewritestuf View Post
My kiddo is 8 going on 18 so he isn't quite at tween age, but his wishlist mostly consists of albums he wants and a record player. If the tweens/teens in your life are into music, that might be a fun collection to start! He also asked for a bath bomb making kit (I found mine on brambleberry but there are a lot out there!).

My 19 year old brother is getting the sauces from his favorite restaurants (he loves campfire sauce from Red Robin and Sweet BBQ from Buffalo Wild Wings) and gift cards to go out, because his friends are big on eating out.
Ok your kid and your brother are super cool! Those are SO FUN!
Old 11-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Ok your kid and your brother are super cool! Those are SO FUN!
Okay so the previous post is also me (thewritestuf) because I couldn't remember my old login but I just found it! So... my kiddo is a huge musichead anyway. He went as Freddie Mercury for Halloween and is obsessed with the Beatles, Queen, Pink Floyd. He's got an old soul for sure.

Hoping you find the perfect Christmas gifts

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-10-2019, 02:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm getting there too- Hayden is 11 and she's always been sort of an older, more responsible kid- and there hasn't been much for 'toys' on her lists the last couple years. She loves books & movies- that's the easy part. Last year we got her a chromebook (killer deal, originally told her NO way!) so this year will be hard to compete. She wants noise-cancelling headphones so she doesn't have to listen to her bratty brother! She REALLY wants a phone- but I'm still holding a strong NO on that front...
Old 11-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm getting there too- Hayden is 11 and she's always been sort of an older, more responsible kid- and there hasn't been much for 'toys' on her lists the last couple years. She loves books & movies- that's the easy part. Last year we got her a chromebook (killer deal, originally told her NO way!) so this year will be hard to compete. She wants noise-cancelling headphones so she doesn't have to listen to her bratty brother! She REALLY wants a phone- but I'm still holding a strong NO on that front...
My oldest wants a pair of these as well, to block out the awful noises from the city bus and to hopefully deter the strange people who feel the need to talk to her about sex-trafficking! (yeah, the city bus here is scary!)

Do you have a pair that you are looking at?
Kristin mentioned a pair she got her daughter and they are on my honey watch list for Black Friday to see if they come down in price. I want something that's going to block out all the noises because any kind of noise can set off her anxiety and trigger a panic attack. We are actually looking to see if the insurance will cover a pair, but until we find out for certain I want to have a back-up!
Old 11-10-2019, 05:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

Do you have a pair that you are looking at?
Kristin mentioned a pair she got her daughter and they are on my honey watch list for Black Friday to see if they come down in price. I want something that's going to block out all the noises because any kind of noise can set off her anxiety and trigger a panic attack. We are actually looking to see if the insurance will cover a pair, but until we find out for certain I want to have a back-up!
No! What ones are you looking at?
Old 11-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
No! What ones are you looking at?
Kristin recommended this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Y6AMKO25&psc=1

But I've been watching these ones because they were rated the best:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Noise-Ca...23R8SJZ0DJVDRY
Right now Shop My Exchange has them on sale for $199 through Veterans Day, which is the BEST deal that I've seen! I just wish I could find out for sure if we could get them through our insurance before I either spend the money on them or decide not to only to find out we'll have to out of pocket them and lose out on such a great deal through the military PX sale!
Old 11-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think your kids need a third hairless cat! Your two kitties told my two kitties!

The oldest (18) is getting some clothes, a few dvd's, and she's going to a concert here in another week or so, which was a HUGE part of her Christmas gift.

The middle (15) is getting some more copic markers to add to her collection, checkered Van's shoes to replace the ones my MIL bought three years ago.

The youngest (6) is getting some lego pieces picked out from the lego site where you can pick and choose what you want, a few dinosaur books, a paleontology fossil kit where he can dig his own fossils. Oh and he just asked for a space puzzle, so maybe a puzzle.

This year, with our boo-boo from the military and all our damaged goods, we're doing Christmas on a SMALL scale because the money just isn't there. We are also visiting family in Michigan for a little over a week, which is something we haven't done in a couple of years and that's taking a lot of our extra money that would go towards presents, towards the trip.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think your kids need a third hairless cat! Your two kitties told my two kitties!
My 14 year old is CAT CRAZY. He would love a hairless so much! How well do they fit in with the fuzzy variety? Do they have to be kept indoors? None of our cats are forced to be outside but we have a few boys that spend a lot of time outdoors and it is hard to keep them from bolting if they want out.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
My 14 year old is CAT CRAZY. He would love a hairless so much! How well do they fit in with the fuzzy variety? Do they have to be kept indoors? None of our cats are forced to be outside but we have a few boys that spend a lot of time outdoors and it is hard to keep them from bolting if they want out.
Originally we were going to get a hairless kitty a year or so after we got our bengal kitty. In all of the Bengal groups, they get along so well with the hairless cats. From what I've learned and know of my own two, hairless kitties are so social and almost accepting of anything! They want to love our cranky chihuahua, but he doesn't like them in return! So yes, if introduced correctly, they will get along with your furry family members!

Hairless cats need to live indoors. However in the warmer months, you can take your cats outside with sunscreen so that they don't develop skin cancer or burn their skin. I wouldn't recommend taking the cats out just because we move far too often and I don't want our cats to get out at our next location, not know where they live and get lost. Plus hairless cats are expensive, so if you let them out unattended, people WILL steal them and you will lose your furbaby!

We love our hairless cats. We love that while my daughter is deathly allergic to cats, we can have not just one, but TWO hairless cats! They are so social, so intuitive of our needs. My son was having an asthma attack in the middle of the night. My daughter's cat got up and went to his side, trying to calm him down so he could breathe through it. Our other cat, which is my other daughters, meets her at the door every weekday when she comes home from school. He also makes sure she gets up with her alarm in the morning as well as with her nightmares, he goes in her room and either wakes her up or snuggles with her until she calms down in her sleep. Both of our cats will be ESA's for our children. Currently only one of them is registered with housing as an ESA. The second one will be done hopefully before the end of the year. He was supposed to be the "family" cat, but he picked my daughter. When both of the girls move out of the house, they will take each of their kitties--at that rate, they'll probably have to get a second kitty because these cats are social and would be lonely being broken apart when they move out with their owner.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Gift cards and Money are the surest bet.....for teens.
That being said....electronics seem to be the next best bet

Old 11-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Mine are 10, 13, and 16. The 16 year old will get mostly gift cards. Probably one for Steam (video games), 1 for Barnes and Noble (or Amazon, but with a note that it's for books), and 1 that's more general, like a Visa gift card or cash. He's always been a hard kid to buy for because he doesn't like clothes and isn't really into having "stuff." I'll try to find 1 or 2 gifts that aren't gift cards, but I have no idea what. He already has a phone, a laptop, and a gaming headset.

My 13 year old is very into Rubik's cube and other puzzles. He'll get a couple of puzzles, a book or book gift card, and maybe an Amazon gift card or Amazon coins (for apps and in-game purchases).

My 10 year old is my only girl and sooo much easier to buy for. She wants a black mini backpack, the Exploding Kittens game, and to get her ears pierced. Her birthday is close to the holidays, so she'll get the things above plus a few books, a gift card for earrings, and some cash.

Last year all 3 kids got electronics (Fire tablets for the younger 2 and a phone for the oldest) so that's off the table for this year. Next year will probably be another electronics year, with the middle child getting his first phone, too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 11-10-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids are 14 and 17. The 14 year old wants a PS4 and a gaming laptop. The 17 year old wants a laptop and a weighted blanket.

I don't know what they will get. It gets harder each year. This year we are likely spending money to send my husband back east to visit his dad (he has lived with ALS for years, they are bringing in a hospice team now) so I don't want to spend a lot on Christmas.

The 17 year old will NEED a laptop by summer, but we can get her one for her (June) birthday. She will graduate in May. She is currently using a chrome book issued to her by her gifted program, but that goes back in May and she will need something for college.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am still ruminating on what to get the 10yo.

She likes "The Greatest Showman" and other musicals, things that are textured (pillows, sweaters, etc.), reading and writing, & fantastical things like dragons, witches, fairies, etc. I would love to give her an experience but hate to do so for something that is months away when the weather is better & that she will forget about in the meantime so... *shrug*

I'm hoping that something that combines at least two of those interests will just magically fall into my Amazon cart later this month.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

12 year olds list - ear piercing (second holes), white Nike Air Force shoes, hydroflask, full length mirror for her room, oversized hoodies, money toward purchase of new phone

14 year olds list - gaming headphones, fancy keyboard, money toward purchase of new phone and saving toward some travel goals
Old 11-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are in the country, and have no neighbors closer than 1/4 mile away, so no one would walk away with a cat that got out. I just didn't know how they'd do with the sun and such. We will have to think about it. Our female cats don't even TRY to go out. They have no desire. Our old male no longer goes out either. The two younger males go out all the time though and it would be hard to keep them in (and there is no way we'd be able to do sunscreen every day for a cat that darts outside). Declan wants a bengal as well. I don't know much about them either. We have never purchased one of our cats either, so that is something we have to consider because I'd rather adopt one that needs a home... but certain breeds are rarely available for adoption.

Back to gifts.... my 17 year old wants her nose pierced. I don't know that I want to do that for Christmas though... I want mine done as well, but I don't see anyone gifting it to me. LOL
Old 11-10-2019, 09:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We are in the country, and have no neighbors closer than 1/4 mile away, so no one would walk away with a cat that got out. I just didn't know how they'd do with the sun and such. We will have to think about it. Our female cats don't even TRY to go out. They have no desire. Our old male no longer goes out either. The two younger males go out all the time though and it would be hard to keep them in (and there is no way we'd be able to do sunscreen every day for a cat that darts outside). Declan wants a bengal as well. I don't know much about them either. We have never purchased one of our cats either, so that is something we have to consider because I'd rather adopt one that needs a home... but certain breeds are rarely available for adoption.

Back to gifts.... my 17 year old wants her nose pierced. I don't know that I want to do that for Christmas though... I want mine done as well, but I don't see anyone gifting it to me. LOL
I used this website for a few years, trying to get in line to adopt a bengal and a hairless cat
https://www.rescueme.org/

Depending on where you are located, if you fill out all the documentation, you can be considered to foster to own a bengal that has been given up for adoption or needs fostering until finding placement. We had filled out all the necessary documents and almost got a bengal before through them, and then we had our realtor's bengal fall in our lap
https://www.greatlakesbengalrescue.com/

Bengals are A LOT of work - thats an understatement. They are VERY smart and get bored VERY quickly. They need a lot of interaction and exercise to keep them from causing trouble in your house (ie: spraying, potty issues, etc). They don't do well with change and often act out. A lot of bengal owners have outdoor catios because bengals do like being outside.
https://catiospaces.com/catios-cat-e...r-inspiration/

However with them being outside, if they are just left out, they will run and go back to their natural habitat and might not ever come back home. When we lived in CO, one of the neighbor let their bengal out. The second time, the bengal never came home and was later found by the humane society on the other side of town (a good 30-minute drive!) So they do run and roam if left outside unattended.

Bengal kitties don't like sharing cat litter with other animals and often will have potty accidents if the litter is dirty--like at all!
Another thing, Bengals don't drink a lot of water and often get a lot of UTI's, which also causes a lot of potty accidents.
Feliaway is an amazing product for Bengals. it will be your best friend!

They are a handful, but if you go in to the knowledge about them, it's really not that difficult. Join a few bengal pages, do some research. Most importantly, check out the laws of the bengal grading allowed in your area. Some bengals grades are banned from certain cities!

Oh and because bengals are ACTIVE cats, they sometimes have a some broken legs and what not. I'd never own a bengal without having insurance! My realtor ended up getting a second bengal and within the first month of owning the bengal, she jumped from the second story to the first floor (down the stairs) and broke her back leg. She didn't have insurance on that cat and paid over $5000 for the surgery to fix the cat. Insurance is a must (at least I think) with bengals or you will be paying out of the nose if yours happens to take a leap and misses.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 11-10-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls will be 16 and 17 at Christmas, and I haven't a clue. Probably clothes and the one also wants Vans shoes. My little one is turning 16 New Year's Eve, so Air Pods for her I guess.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We definitely don't need a bengal at this point in time given what you've described! We have 6 dogs (1 is expecting puppies and we will likely keep one, so 7 dogs soon), 5 cats and 4 rats as pets. We have livestock animals as well, that are also all pets. We already spend far too much on vet care! Things have to be easy to take care of or we don't need to add them to the mix. A lot of our time is spent on animal chores.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We definitely don't need a bengal at this point in time given what you've described! We have 6 dogs (1 is expecting puppies and we will likely keep one, so 7 dogs soon), 5 cats and 4 rats as pets. We have livestock animals as well, that are also all pets. We already spend far too much on vet care! Things have to be easy to take care of or we don't need to add them to the mix. A lot of our time is spent on animal chores.
In addition to what wendy mentioned they usually are best to be bought from breeders. Our sphynx kittens are the first pet i've ever owned that aren't rescues. It's hard to get a sphynx from a rescue because a lot of times they can be in poor health. Sphynx are prone to a genetic heart condition called HCM (which ironically my dad has as well) and you have to be careful with who you buy them from. Most breeders have it in the contract for you to get a yearly cardiology test for your sphynx because HCM can pop up often. Most recommend that they are strictly indoor cats. They can even get burned by looking out the windows too much in the summer. They also eat like horses. haha. All that being said we have ZERO regrets. They are amazing animals and to know one is to love one. I've never seen such an affectionate breed.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We already got our boy a pair of noise cancelling headphones - but he needs a new bike as he has already outgrown his one from last Christmas and give him anything lego or spiderman and he is over the moon. He's recently gotten in to Beyblades, so we'll get him some of those too.

This summer is also our first summer with our new pool, so pool toys will also be on the list somewhere.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
We already got our boy a pair of noise cancelling headphones - but he needs a new bike as he has already outgrown his one from last Christmas and give him anything lego or spiderman and he is over the moon. He's recently gotten in to Beyblades, so we'll get him some of those too.

This summer is also our first summer with our new pool, so pool toys will also be on the list somewhere.
What noise cancelling headphones did you get?
Old 11-11-2019, 01:52 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We are getting a starbucks Christmas cup for Michael, since that's what he's been asking - he broke his cup earlier this year & had been saying sorry to Santa & asking for a replacement.
We are also thinking of getting a new bike, since he's outgrown his current one for awhile now.
Not sure what I want this year, so I've still got nothing on my wishlist, not that I'm desperately wanting to fill it in.
I *might* get hubby an apple watch that he's been wanting but putting it on hold, because he's trying to get us to go to his dream vacation destination next year. We'll see.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
...because he's trying to get us to go to his dream vacation destination next year. We'll see.
Ooooh! Where's that?

Old 11-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Ooooh! Where's that?
Quote:
oooh!! Where's his dream vacation?
Tokyo, Japan.
We'll be going to DisneySea too. We only have 1 day for it, but Lan did say this trip won't be the only trip to Japan!
Old 11-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
We are getting a starbucks Christmas cup for Michael, since that's what he's been asking - he broke his cup earlier this year & had been saying sorry to Santa & asking for a replacement.
We are also thinking of getting a new bike, since he's outgrown his current one for awhile now.
Not sure what I want this year, so I've still got nothing on my wishlist, not that I'm desperately wanting to fill it in.
I *might* get hubby an apple watch that he's been wanting but putting it on hold, because he's trying to get us to go to his dream vacation destination next year. We'll see. :)
oooh!! Where's his dream vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Oh gosh.... I miss the days when Christmas was easy!!

With 4, it adds up so fast now. Not a huge fan of gift cards and money, but we did that last year. (Kids were 20, 18, 16 and 14) We went on vacation for Christmas and that was sooooo much fun and we made way more memories doing that then opening gifts.

This year, they may each get one big thing they want and of course they have asked fr money again.... so now I have no real ideas....

My oldest wants a Cricut, but I was hoping to give her that as her college grad gift in May.
Can you adopt me? I've been looking at Cricut Maker and I was seriously going to buy one for Black Friday or for Christmas until bills hit Did you see that some Walmart stores had clearanced Cricut Explore 2 down to as low as $54 :O Ours were all sold out, but there are still some out there that you can find.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

"Can you adopt me? I've been looking at Cricut Maker and I was seriously going to buy one for Black Friday or for Christmas until bills hit Did you see that some Walmart stores had clearanced Cricut Explore 2 down to as low as $54 :O Ours were all sold out, but there are still some out there that you can find."

hahaha I want to upgrade to the Maker, I have the very first Explore and I LOVE it! I went to 4 Walmarts looking for the $54 Mint or the $135 Denim clearanced ones.... no luck.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 11-11-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For our boys we do a lot of more complex board games and collectibles.... they are big gamers and everyone has their favorite games and characters so I just stick with those themes and find cool decor, clothes or replicas that fit into that. As far as board games though, we really enjoy complex strategy / role playing games (or as I refer to them as..... 'nerdy' games), settlers of catan, ticket to ride, risk, dungeons and dragons etc. They do like collecting the Pop Vynil figures.... I'm trying to complete a few sets for each of them this year that they started themselves. Stocking stuffers I like to put in gift cards to restaurants so they can take themselves out to lunch once in a while when they are back in school, or sometimes a few small in game cards that they can get a few things in their little virtual worlds. I try to keep their childhood alive by getting one toy.... usually it's either lego or I've done nerf guns for the whole family before (hubby enjoys getting nerf guns to play with the kids lol).
Old 11-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
settlers of catan, ticket to ride, risk, dungeons and dragons etc
Speaking of dungeons and dragons Lily has asked about getting dice for that.. she doesn't play at all but a group of her friends do and she is wanting to start going to their game nights. Any suggestions on anything for starting out?

Lily and I are hoping to go to dear evan hansen (not the actual broadway one haha) I kind of wish I hadn't mentioned it last year and that way I could have surprised her with tickets for christmas.. lol
Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Lily and I are hoping to go to dear evan hansen (not the actual broadway one haha) I kind of wish I hadn't mentioned it last year and that way I could have surprised her with tickets for christmas.. lol
I hope you get to go! We took a 6-hour road trip to see it (touring cast) this summer & it was so good!!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Speaking of dungeons and dragons Lily has asked about getting dice for that.. she doesn't play at all but a group of her friends do and she is wanting to start going to their game nights. Any suggestions on anything for starting out?

When my kids first started I actually ordered a big bag of dice off of wish. It was cheap and there were like 25 sets so we were all able to pick out the colors we wanted (and had extras for guests). As their interest grew and we knew they wanted to play and stick with it, we splurged on much 'cooler' sets of dice. Most of the player hand books and character sheets you can find online so it nice to be able to try things out first that way too.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

My husband said to look up a local game shop and compare prices of dice. He said Amazon would be your best bet (at least here in the states), but it might be cheaper for you as well.

He said to just get a standard set of dice and it will have everything that she needs for her starting out. He said the sets are fairly standard. She'll need a D20, D12, D10, D8, D6 and D4 dice to start.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Everyone in the house steals my Bose bluetooth headphones, so I might just get them each a pair of their own. Ben wants a Blue Yeti microphone (nope). Grace wants a cellphone (nope). Other than that they haven't shared very much else that they really want.

I am thinking we should put our money into a Disney World trip this year, we haven't been in over a year and SO much has been added. I might ask family members to all gift cash or Disney gift cards so we can do annual passes.

Other than that, I have NO ideas!

Old 11-11-2019, 09:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My one and only will be 22 in a couple of weeks. Christmas he always gets a 'Santa bag' that contains body wash, a toothbrush, cologne, favourite chocolate, some food gift cards ie. Subway, Tim Horton's, McDonald's. I also make sure there are socks and underwear in there to go with the old joke that when you no longer believe in Santa all you get is socks and underwear. I will get him a gift card to American Eagle and/or H&M as well as some cash.

My nieces are 17 and will be 18 shortly after the new year, I always struggle with them. They are going on a trip to Europe with a school group in the summer so I will purchase some money for them as well as a few little odds and ends.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Keira has mentioned a laptop, so we're getting her one this year, plus a new chair for her room. The butterfly chair she has isn't cutting it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Your-Zone...olors/54134379

All 3 of our kids are currently obsessed with Pokemon, which kind of makes life really easy.

Plus we bit the bullet and bought a switch this year, so they're all getting a game, the boys are getting two, (one higher end, one cheaper one). Cooper actually asked for clothes this year (hoodies). So they'll get clothes too. Books. And Coop is getting a lego set, he's trying to collect all the Infinity war sets.

Harper really isn't getting much in the way of twos, only two I think, as of right now. I'm done with Cooper. 75% With Harper, really trying to do Keira's in person this year, instead of online.

I'm not a gift cards supporter for Christmas though, LOL! Unless it's in the stocking, maybe once they're out of the house. I just love buying gifts too much.

Oh, they're all getting a Funko Pop too (Pokemon).
Old 11-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post

Plus we bit the bullet and bought a switch this year, so they're all getting a game, the boys are getting two, (one higher end, one cheaper one).
I think Santa is bringing our whole family a Switch & some games this year (as well as a puzzle, a movie & a board game...nothing for individuals, first time Santa won't bring each a gift of their own, so hopefully that goes over well)

My kids are still little, so pretty easy to buy for (except for that my 5 year old daughter is asking for a phone...bwahahaha, yeah, right!)
I ordered everything on Amazon this weekend & crossing fingers it will arrive before Christmas, as our mail will start slowing down now--I already missed the recommended ship-by date, oops!
Old 11-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh.... I miss the days when Christmas was easy!!

With 4, it adds up so fast now. Not a huge fan of gift cards and money, but we did that last year. (Kids were 20, 18, 16 and 14) We went on vacation for Christmas and that was sooooo much fun and we made way more memories doing that then opening gifts.

This year, they may each get one big thing they want and of course they have asked fr money again.... so now I have no real ideas....

My oldest wants a Cricut, but I was hoping to give her that as her college grad gift in May.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 11-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm impressed with all of you who have a plan and have already begun shopping! Our boys are 19-23 and it is really hard. The things they want are too expensive so we usually end up giving them money toward what they really want. I always get them a couple things that are not on their list, but there's little shopping for Christmas these days.

Our oldest just told us he might not come home for Christmas this year. He does not have a lot of vacation with his new job and is saving it for a couple of trips later this year. I know it happens as they get older but it's hard....
Old 11-29-2019, 08:16 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Nick wants to be a movie producer when he's older so he's always "making movies" now. I got him a GoPro & some accessories. Then we got some clothes to wear on vacation, a couple of gift cards and some Copic markers cause he also loves art.