Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post

Now if they would just change the rules of the praise thread to discourage the praise hogs I'd be happy...
I am so not in the loop - whats a praise hog?

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 11-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnie View Post
I am so not in the loop - whats a praise hog?
The praise game is there to help you get praise on your LOs... you post your LO once and people who post after you will give you praise.... but the praise hogs will post multiple times in the same thread and sometimes post every day for several days... whenever I reach a LO in the praise game that has like 20 comments, I skip it (unless the poster is directly above me so I'm abiding by the rules).

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

once my layout made it to the gallery standouts thread and i had 9 or 10 generic 'great lo' and 'nice work' comments. what's the point of commenting if your not sincere? completely outside of the praise thread rant at DST, really what is the point in general of being generic?

keep it real people.

note: i understand that it's not DST's fault that people are generic.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
once my layout made it to the gallery standouts thread and i had 9 or 10 generic 'great lo' and 'nice work' comments. what's the point of commenting if your not sincere? completely outside of the praise thread rant at DST, really what is the point in general of being generic?

keep it real people.

Oh, when I play the PG I try to point out specific things I love about the LO so they know I actually LOOKED at the page. I hate drive-by comments. Once I got stuck in the game behind someone who was just posting the same EXACT comment on every page over and over. Made me angry. lol

Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post

keep it real people.

And you are the best at this Lizzy! You are not a fake at all! You're so real & honest when you praise LOs.
I just need to get better at praising LOs period!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by digideb View Post
And you are the best at this Lizzy! You are not a fake at all! You're so real & honest when you praise LOs.
I just need to get better at praising LOs period!
awww. thanks, deb! i love to praise in the gallery, but i honestly take the time to look at each lo and find specific things i love about it.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah like those that post their same layout 8-10 times in the same thread so that they can get like 80 comments. I've stopped leaving them praise as well but I really wish they'd just figure out on their own that it's ridiculous. There's enough layouts in the praise game as is, I don't need to see the same layout 8 times. (And sadly, the 8-10 times is NOT an exaggeration.)

As for leaving genuine praise, I tend to leave praise through the praise game at DST because it's easier than trying to browse the gallery, but that doesn't mean that I don't mean the comments I'm saying. I figure I can always find something nice to say because everyone deserves a little love on their layouts. I'm sure I repeat myself at times but that's not because it's not genuine, it's just because certain things tend to catch my eye.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I must be the cattiest cow of all, because I even get irritated when they post 2-3 layouts in the same post. Then I get all passive aggressive and only comment on one of them.

But, I agree. Praise gaming the same layout more than once is super duper lamo.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdumas View Post
Let's not forget the language barrier. Most of the members barely speak english. And I have, like, zero comments on anything. I will spend half an hour posting comments and never get a single in return. I tried to delete all my layouts once and it wouldn't let me. I would abandon my gallery, but my pictures are still up there. This is the only place on the web where I have any friends. That is why the next week will be so hard for me. I will actually have to do my sociology clipping report.

P.S. Is my avi too dirty looking? sometimes I will say "I love this so much" or "this is fun" in response to a layout, then when it posts... it looks a little dirty.
LOVE your Avi

Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
I must be the cattiest cow of all, because I even get irritated when they post 2-3 layouts in the same post. Then I get all passive aggressive and only comment on one of them.

LOL! Me too.... If I personally have more than one LO that I want to play, I'll do one at a time and leave a couple hours before posting the new link.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

RIGHT! I at least make sure they are on different pages, and I praise the entire page I'm on. So, I've praised 2 pages for my 2 layouts.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:

<making mental note to stop putting 2 lo's in one post in the praise game here as to stop annoying Angie>
Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
RIGHT! I at least make sure they are on different pages, and I praise the entire page I'm on. So, I've praised 2 pages for my 2 layouts.
LOL, when I play the praise game, I do that...but usually because I tend to scrap in spurts, and get a couple done in a day. I only hit DST once a day if I'm uploading layouts, so they all get put in one post. I rarely play the praise game, though. Most of my layouts there are completely ignored, and that makes me sad - if you don't play in the praise game, your layout doesn't even get viewed!!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I stopped playing the praise game a long time ago. The only reason why I would play is to get more exposure for my CT layouts. But instead, I have found other galleries that are open and outside of the DST circle. I get A LOT more unsolicited comments and views which is what I prefer because I like to leave unsolicited comments myself (although lately I haven't left many comments anywhere due to being pregnant) and I really question how effective the praise game is in selling product. It has never sold anything for me. I think it is just a group of scrappers trying to promote their layouts and not necessarily trying to shop for other products. At least that is what my intention was when I used to play it. I get an average of 4 or 5 views on my layouts at DST and MSA with usually one comment. Those two are the lowest out of all the galleries I have tried and post my layouts at. I am sure I would get more if I was more involved, but right now it is not possible. I hope to be more involved in the future. At other sites I post at, I get anywhere 50-100 unsolicited views. One site, over a longer period of time my layouts get up to 700-900 views on them. That is why I really don't bother with DST or MSA anymore.

ETA: I post at Scrapbook.com, Creating Keepsakes, SBB, The Shabby Shoppe

Last edited by jorgies5; 11-03-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I like DST, I don't feel at "home" there like I do here, but I think it's just because there are SO many people, and if I disappeared, no one would even notice, kwim? I'd like to think if I was missing from here, someone would notice LOL.

I still pop over to DST to stay in the loop with all of digiland. It certainly has it's place in the scrapping world. I just can't get the site to work sometimes, the gallery hardly ever, and I get frustrated. I'd never leave there completely, I like the mixture of people/countries that are represented there.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tracey

We would Jamie! We would send out a search party for sure!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
<making mental note to stop putting 2 lo's in one post in the praise game here as to stop annoying Angie>

I was just thinking that - As for Praise hogs - WTF!!!! People actually do this - come on!!!!! PLEASE..... That is just.....sad and weird - some kind of mother complex

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Quote:

oops. I do this here. If I've just uploaded a couple, I post them both.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
I hate drive-by comments.

I do like nebbing around DST just to see what's going on out in Digi-land. I look for ISO threads that grab my attention, either someone looking for something or it perks my curiousity for something I may want. A LOT of times I have to leave a thread because I have a reeeeaaaallllyyyyyy bad habit of "speaking my mind" LOL...

Very rarely do I have more than one layout to post in a the luvin game here but once in a blue moon, I do LOL. and if I only get comments on one of those layouts, it's ok because I like what I create
and when I do post more than one layout, I tend to leave a whole lot of luvin' because I posted more than one. KWIM?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I do this sometimes... just to be spiteful LOL....
Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Now I feel all bad.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The reason I don't ever hang out at DST anymore, even though I was a part of the 2Peas fallout and used to spend all of my time there, is that I don't care about the stuff people are talking about. Most of the threads are for people who are just starting out, and I've been doing this long enough that they just don't interest me.

Now here, at SSD, I welcome newbies and don't mind explaining stuff, but that's cuz we're a cozy little community. DST ain't cozy or little, but it's a good place to get started. I think it still serves its purpose, but it doesn't meet my "needs" as far as community goes.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
The reason I don't ever hang out at DST anymore, even though I was a part of the 2Peas fallout
What happened at 2Peas?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Now I feel all bad.
Pshhhh we luv ya Angie and you know it LOL
Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
What happened at 2Peas?
Shannon started DST because 2Peas was deleting threads about other sites and saying we couldn't talk about non-2peas products, which was really lame since 2peas was putting out 1 $15 kit/month at the time. There was just a LOT of drama, and i went RUNNING to DST to find out where all the good stuff was.

Now I know, though, IT'S ALL HERE! So I no longer need DST, lol.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Shannon started DST because 2Peas was deleting threads about other sites and saying we couldn't talk about non-2peas products, which was really lame since 2peas was putting out 1 $15 kit/month at the time. There was just a LOT of drama, and i went RUNNING to DST to find out where all the good stuff was.
I remember those days...it was NUTZ. I love my digi home of SSD. I only do my CT stuff at DST...