Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm
Unhappy I need a MAJOR pick-me-up...

Somebody tell me something happy/funny...I need some serious cheering up here.

Backstory...
Years ago, my finances were AWFUL...I was working minimum wage at a preschool and my credit card bills got way out of hand due to car repairs, vet bills, medical/dental bills (no insurance of course), and then mom's year of chemo. I ended up getting a debt consolidation loan to get them under control and paid off.
Well, I should have gone to Consumer Credit Counseling instead, but oh well, that's water under the bridge. I am supposed to have this loan paid off in December of this year. Or I should say I WAS supposed to...
As it turns out, the company that pays my bills (they deduct the funds from my account and then pay the bills) went into receivership on December 2. This was after they deducted my November payment and did NOT pay my creditors. The new management is apparently trying to figure out what's been paid and what hasn't, according to the statement I've read online.
They also deducted my December payment, but again, they haven't paid either.
I've called the company...they put me on hold for HOURS literally, and then hang up. I've emailed...gotten no response. I can't get to their website anymore, and a class action lawsuit against them has been filed. The only reason I found out what was going on was because I called the NYState Banking Department. They gave me a new phone number but I got the same treatment...hold, then hang up.
It's frustrating, but the worst part is that my credit is now going in the tank because my bills are past due, and I just now find out that if I don't pay a good chunk to Chase tomorrow, I'm out of the debt repayment program and my interest rates will shoot up (like my blood pressure did when I found out).
So at this point, I'm out about a thousand dollars (at least until everything gets taken care of...hopefully) and have to come up with about 380 dollars to pay Chase tomorrow, but I don't have it, because I've already paid the bill, even if they didn't get the money.
LOL, this makes the dead as a doornail HD sitting on my desk seem like nothing!

Ok, enough venting...I needed to get that off my chest (still have to fill DH in on the details and am NOT looking forward to that). So I need some happy news...somebody tell me something good! Happy! Funny!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

That really sucks considering they have already taken the payment. Grrr! I'd be furious!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Have you tried calling Chase and telling them your story and seeing if you can get an extension? I mean, they should have it on file that you're going through another company, right!?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm sure you are protected by a law for them taking the $$ and not paying your bills. A friend of mine just had something similar except hers with with a building lease/owner..but when you are in a binding agreement like that you are protected. A loan, as long as you have the paperwork should be enough to make sure you are covered. I'd check into that. Good luck!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I agree, there's gotta be something that would protect you from having to pay Chase twice.
I hope you can figure something out! Good luck!

PS~Tiger just farted in Jordan's face. That should put a smile on your face Her farts are STINKY! LOL!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Have you tried calling Chase and telling them your story and seeing if you can get an extension? I mean, they should have it on file that you're going through another company, right!?

I've talked to Chase MANY times about this...and basically, no, they want their money (and I don't blame them on that).
I'm hoping the lawyers can get it settled but that doesn't help much in the short term, KWIM?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
PS~Tiger just farted in Jordan's face. That should put a smile on your face Her farts are STINKY! LOL!
ROTFL...does that qualify as TMI? I've been stuck in a room with Bear (our 55lb chow/retriever mix) when he's had gas...talking hours of misery here. But yeah, it did make me smile
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Can you contact your actual bank where they take the money from and see what they can do, if anything? Do you know how much each of your creditors was being paid every month? If so, can you stop the automatic drafts and directly mail your checks to your creditors rather than using this third-party crappyass company that stole your money? I'm sure there are laws in place to protect you. I'm sorry you are going through this!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a nightmare... and just when you thought it was over and done with! I'm sorry hon!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no, that sounds like a nightmare! Sorry! {{HUGS}}
Old 01-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Stokes View Post
Can you contact your actual bank where they take the money from and see what they can do, if anything? Do you know how much each of your creditors was being paid every month? If so, can you stop the automatic drafts and directly mail your checks to your creditors rather than using this third-party crappyass company that stole your money? I'm sure there are laws in place to protect you. I'm sorry you are going through this!

Oh yes, I stopped the automatic drafts as soon as I found out about this mess...unfortunately, it was right AFTER the second payment was taken out. I can pay them on my own, but with a much higher interest rate...and LOL, since I've paid the bills, I don't have the extra money to make another payment right now.
I told DH the latest, and it was NOT fun...he's pissed, telling me that I need to tell the company/bank this and that...well, guess what hubby...I've told them everything and here's the bottom line! So now he's stressed...and he's upset, he clams up...which upsets me. Now I'm having severe stomach cramps and nausea due to stress...I'm glad I don't drink or I'd be passed out by now!

*sigh*...I just realized that my cell phone was still turned off after I charged it the other day...turned it on and had a voice mail from my mom telling me that a very dear old friend has passed away. I don't know if I can handle any more bad news right now!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

{{{hugs}}} girlfriend!! Go in and talk to your bank's branch manager or an officer and see if they will put a clear on the money so you can use it to pay the bills...we had our bank account hacked and when we talked to branch manager they put the money back in our account the very next day free and clear to use. Hoping you get this all straightened out!

I think you need a vacation in Kansas City! Wanna see our robot? ;-)
Old 01-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Kay View Post
I think you need a vacation in Kansas City! Wanna see our robot? ;-)

LOL, girl, I'd LOVE a vacation in Kansas City, but I can't afford to buy so much as a font right now, let alone afford a holiday!!!

Someday, though....
Old 01-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have anything cheery to say....but ((((hugs)))) to you. That is just awful.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry Stacy. I hope everything gets figured out very soon!

Here's something cute...this morning my 3 year old came to me and said she wanted some "opie meal" which means oatmeal I guess.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What about a call to the Better Business Bureau? How about the police? How about Good Housekeeping, or NBC or something ... you can't be the only one they've screwed. That is awful!

I got ripped off by a company who was going to help get my credit card rates lowered ... they charged me $600 or something like that, and guaranteed me I'd have everything taken care of within 2 years. They took my money and I basically never heard from them again ... well, I take that back ... they wanted me to sign over POA to them to access my credit records, and that is where I drew the line. Thankfully, I was only out the $600+ dollars and my pride.

I hope someone somewhere can help you!!!! HUGS!