Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default # of books read in 2015

So, I'm on track to definitely read 24 books this year - and quite possibly 25.

Two books a month is a pretty reasonable goal for me because I work full time. I also have this habit where if I read a really good book, I can't start a new one for a few weeks. It's like I need to mentally let go of the finished book before I can start another one... It's just one of my many quirks, haha!

How many books have you read in 2015? Do you have a goal for 2016? (I'm thinking of people who use GoodReads reading challenge...)
Old 12-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My goal was originally 25, and I met that a few months back. So, I bumped it up to 30. I ended up reading 31.

I'm a lot like you in that I need time in between books, and with designing full time, I don't allow myself as much time to read as I'd like. So, I'm happy with that number.

Haven't decided yet if I'll set a goal for 2016. In a way, I found it a bit stressful. LOL I think I'd rather just read as often as I can without worrying about a number.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd say I easily read 100 but that includes reeads. I love reading and can read a book in a few hours if I have the time. With that said, I don't have any goals for 2016. I need to cut back on my reading since I have other priorities right now BUT I'll have lots of late night feedings once I have my baby boy in March. So, we'll see. I love reading though! It's a form of therapy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I set a goal of 25 and right now I'm at 15 so I'm definitely not going to make it. At least 75% of those came in the second half of the year after we'd finished with Adam getting out of the Army and our big cross-country move, so I think if we hadn't had all that going on I could have done it.

One thing I did notice is I get really stuck when I start reading a book I don't like. I feel like I have to finish it because I spent money on it but it really kills my desire to read. Surprisingly Amy Poehler's Yes Please fell into this category for me - it took me months to get through it even though a lot of people said they liked it.

I also realized that I while I like reading non-fiction books (business books mostly), I don't enjoy reading them before bed, so I need to figure out a better time to read those. I have about 7 started but not finished at the moment because of that.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I read a LOT of books this year/ way more than anyone else has listed, LOL. But since I went back to work full(ish) time this fall my reading has drastically decreased. I'm hoping in 2016 to just stay current on new releases in series and not get behind.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

This was a dismal dismal year for me and reading. I read 13 books between January and May, and not one word since. ��

I have big plans for 2016, though. I'm going to work on the Wheel of Time series and retread my Top Ten list.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I set a goal of 100 books on my Goodreads feed this year and am at 97 so far, so still hoping to reach it.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't set a goal this year and I didn't keep track very well either. For me, how many I read really depends on the types of books I'm reading and what's going on IRL. I usually read a book or two a week on average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I set a goal of 100 and beat it. A lot were audio books, though. I listen while I scrap, drive, and do housework. Otherwise my number would be like 10. Oh, who am I kidding? My number would be much higher than 10, but I'd have been fired from work, only scrapped a handful of pages, and the house would be filthy. I'm terrible about putting down a book to get stuff done. Before I found audio books, I used to go cold turkey and force myself not to read for months because I didn't balance it well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sheesh, I think I only read 6 books aside from ones that I read to the kids for school!! My biggest reading time is summer, but still I didn't do much this year at all.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I set a goal of 100 and beat it. A lot were audio books, though. I listen while I scrap, drive, and do housework. Otherwise my number would be like 10. Oh, who am I kidding? My number would be much higher than 10, but I'd have been fired from work, only scrapped a handful of pages, and the house would be filthy. I'm terrible about putting down a book to get stuff done. Before I found audio books, I used to go cold turkey and force myself not to read for months because I didn't balance it well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That's a good idea - "reading" while scrapping! Love it!
Old 12-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I set a goal of 60 and am on 59, lol! I can't bring myself to count audio books as 'reading' so I didn't count the two audio's I listened to.

I want something other than a plain number goal for this coming year. Any ideas? Dh thinks I should follow one of those '100 books everyone should read in their lifetime' lists, but I can never quite decide how I feel about those lists. They seem kind of pretentious sometimes. Thoughts?
Old 12-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedee View Post
I set a goal of 100 books on my Goodreads feed this year and am at 97 so far, so still hoping to reach it.
tick, tock, tick, tock...

Old 12-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

1 i think. runs away .........
Old 12-20-2015, 04:30 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I read maybe 10 books this year, which is very little for me. Ever since my burnout my concentration has been a nightmare, which has effected my reading a lot!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I set a goal of a 100... but am currently only at 85. it wasn't the best reading year for me. I read a lot of duds, which really sucks the joy out of the experience and inevitibly slooooows meeeee dowwwwwwn.

in 2016 my main goal for reading is to be more willing to walk away from books that I'm not enjoying. I have a tough time giving up on books that I feel invested in... but oye, I just need to get over that and move on!