Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Question about Organizing Fonts...

So - I really love fonts I'm realizing even more so than I probably should - or maybe just more than I realized before.

So now I'm starting to get a bit of a collection - and love using them on layouts and such - but I'm a bit of a newbie at organizing them in Photoshop - I know I could google tutorials, but you ladies seem to have some awesome tips so I thought I would ask if anyone has a favorite way to organize their favorite fonts in Photoshop here first.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If they're in a family, I will create a folder with the family name or create folders by their style such as "script" "grunge" and so forth. I know there are others who I'm sure do wayyyy more than what I do, but it's easy for me that way.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm old fashioned. I create a Word document and list the names of my favourite fonts (using those fonts), print it and have it sitting near my computer so its real easy to look at when I'm trying to decide what font to use. I have four different sheets at the moment and I've sorted my fonts by type/how I would use them:

Journalling - Print
Journalling - Script
Plain text
Typewriter fonts
Titles - bold
Titles (or headings) - Script
Headings/word strips
Other

I have to update/reprint it periodically as I'm always finding new fonts but I find it so much easier than scrolling through the list of fonts on my computer (which is all my fonts, not just my favourites).

This reminds me actually, I need to add a new category for 'Calligraphy' fonts since I downloaded all those wonderful fonts that Jacinda and others alerted me to the other day in that post about new fonts!!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
If they're in a family, I will create a folder with the family name or create folders by their style such as "script" "grunge" and so forth. I know there are others who I'm sure do wayyyy more than what I do, but it's easy for me that way.
That makes a lot of sense - I have no organization right now so definitely need to do something!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I'm old fashioned. I create a Word document and list the names of my favourite fonts (using those fonts), print it and have it sitting near my computer so its real easy to look at when I'm trying to decide what font to use. I have four different sheets at the moment and I've sorted my fonts by type/how I would use them:

Journalling - Print
Journalling - Script
Plain text
Typewriter fonts
Titles - bold
Titles (or headings) - Script
Headings/word strips
Other

I have to update/reprint it periodically as I'm always finding new fonts but I find it so much easier than scrolling through the list of fonts on my computer (which is all my fonts, not just my favourites).

This reminds me actually, I need to add a new category for 'Calligraphy' fonts since I downloaded all those wonderful fonts that Jacinda and others alerted me to the other day in that post about new fonts!!
Oh I like the idea of something printed that is easy to update...hmm now I have to think about how I use them ha cause I'm still trying to figure that out too! But yes, the scrolling is driving me crazy now - and I know I have a font but can't remember the name that I want to use...if I could remember the name I could just type it in
Old 03-11-2016, 12:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I actually use a font manager. I don't install fonts anymore, because they slow down your PC.

I use nexus and I can't GUSH over it enough. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

Old 03-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh - now I am remembering this being mentioned awhile ago somewhere or I read it but I didn't have hardly any fonts except what came installed. A font manager - hmm I think I am intrigued, off to do some research. This is why this group is so awesome so many great minds who are willing to share. Thank you ladies

Cheryl
Old 03-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I actually use a font manager. I don't install fonts anymore, because they slow down your PC.

I use nexus and I can't GUSH over it enough. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!
I also did this upon some of the ladies here suggesting it and it has been a life saver not bogging down my computer. Now I just need to transfer over all my scrap kits to a external drive and I will be back real speedy!

Old 03-11-2016, 03:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

With NexusFont, do you have the ability to temporarily install fonts? I've been using ACDSee to do this.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
With NexusFont, do you have the ability to temporarily install fonts? I've been using ACDSee to do this.
Yes you can install and Uninstall from nexus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk