Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default super bowl snacks

The super bowl is coming up on Sunday. I'm not a football fan but do know the Rams and Bengals are playing. I only consent to attending/hosting super bowl parties because of all the good food. Hubby and everyone else can watch the game, while I stuff my face!

We don't do anything like this but I'd love to attend a party that had a snack stadium. The snacks really are great and that got me wondering what everyone's favorite super bowl snacks are? Please share your favs and if you want to include a recipe, my taste buds will thank you!

Last edited by keepscrappin; 02-07-2022 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love chips and queso. Easy and oh so yummy!

Yummy queso

ingredients
1 lb mexican velveeta cheese cubed (can use regular velveeta)
1 can chili WITHOUT beans
1 cup salsa

directions
Microwave velveeta, chili and salsa in a 1.5 quart microwavable bowl on high for 3 mins, stir and add more time until fully melted. Serve hot over tortilla chips.

I like to double the recipe and keep it on warm in a slow cooker so we can munch and munch until it's gone.

Last edited by keepscrappin; 02-07-2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We generally just go to my mom's and have chips and dip (queso, salsa, and guacamole), fruit, and sandwiches, and just snack on those.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-07-2022, 01:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's just another Sunday for me, lol. I am so not into football but that food looks soooo good!
Old 02-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We've done various fun things over the years, especially when the Seahawks are involved. (Hubby is a superfan!)

Old 02-07-2022, 01:38 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I will be watching this year to cheer on the Ohio team (haven't watched for several years) but nothing special as far as snacks go since I'll be home alone to watch.

Edit to add... I think the last one I actually watched was when the Seahawks were playing! That was my team for many years even though I live in Ohio. Still have and wear my Seahawk sweatshirts.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
It's just another Sunday for me, lol. I am so not into football but that food looks soooo good!
This is sooo me... I don't like football at all, but I tolerate the super bowl for the snacks!

Old 02-07-2022, 01:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post

Hahaha, this cracks me up! Super Bowl will be huge this year. My hubby is from Ohio and the last time the Bengals went to the Super Bowl was when he was 7! This is such a big deal to the Bengal fans, so wishing them luck!

As for food, we'll probably have pizza, wings, chips. I'm into super simple. I'll be checking this thread for ideas though!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2022, 02:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
We've done various fun things over the years, especially when the Seahawks are involved. (Hubby is a superfan!)

um... YUM! Those are some SUPER super bowl snacks and so clever making the football field with the yard lines and dip with the goal posts and all!
Old 02-07-2022, 02:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

OMG those snacks look almost too good to eat!!! Yeah I said almost!
Old 02-07-2022, 03:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My hubby is a Seahawks fan too =) Sad year for him with Russell Wilson getting hurt and the Seahawks losing their groove ....

That spread looks amazing! Our favorite super bowl snack is 7 layer dip with corn chips.

Quote:

Last edited by stephc777; 02-07-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:14 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

2010 Superbowl when the Saints made their 1st appearance. As longtime Saints Fans, the Patriarc can be seen with his wife (my hubbys parents) and the other is of the kids and some others. My daughter are there (second from left and the one in front) We had 20 people! We don't do anything special, just chips and 7 layer dip and other munchies. It was a great time for Saints Fans.

I usually watch the Superbowl except recently when Tom Brady went repeatedly! I am watching this year because Joe Burrow (Quarterback) and Ja’Marr Chase (Wide Receiver) both went to Louisiana State University which produces some of the best athletes around in its football program. Joe Burrow is from a small Ohio town but embraced Baton Rouge, LA and its fans at LSU(rabid fans) He appears to be a very nice guy and was very happy at LSU and with the fans!) Ja'Mar Chase is from the town next to me in the New Orleans area and his town of Harvey, LA is just minutes from my town of Gretna.

Last edited by sharonbertol; 02-07-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:28 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
Hahaha, this cracks me up! Super Bowl will be huge this year. My hubby is from Ohio and the last time the Bengals went to the Super Bowl was when he was 7! This is such a big deal to the Bengal fans, so wishing them luck!
It's been a long drought for the Ohio teams but I was always more loyal to the Browns. My father followed the Browns in the 50's and stayed loyal to them after the Bengals were formed even though we live closer to the Bengals. I fell in love with the Seahawks not long after they were brought into the league.

I was just waiting to see if the Bengals were going to play the 49er's in the SB. Their 2 previous appearances were both again Joe Montana and the 49er's with losses in both. Here is hoping that a "Joe" wins this Bengals super bowl
Old 02-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am so not a football gal.... hubby will watch a game occasionally, but always the Superbowl... I eat and scrapbook while he watches.

A few years ago we did have our first (and only so far) super bowl party, but that was cause the Eagles were in it. I made all themed snacks...

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-07-2022, 04:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm all about the super bowl snacks!

I usually make a really yummy blue cheese guacamole dip (just add blue cheese crumbles to your normal guac recipe!) I have a good recipe for little smokey's in the crockpot too. We usually do just finger/appetizer snacks. One year we did a chili bar- chili in the crockpot & with all the fun toppings for choices- as well as chips for dipping, etc. We have rainbow fiesta ware dishes- so I can usually pull the team colors we're rooting for! We are a seahawks family (live in WA my entire life- my mom is a DIEHARD fan!) and have had some fun gatherings for those games. Even though our team isn't in- we're rooting for Rams- Cooper Kupp went to EWU- Eastern WA University- just after my husband & I- so we always have cheered him on (even when playing our hawks...)

This year- we are out of town- McCall Idaho for a hockey tournament. I was joking around with my son that I kinda hope they do poorly so we can be out of town first thing Sunday morning to be home in time for the game... of course we're joking and murphy's law will prevail & they'll go to the championship game at 3pm...
Old 02-07-2022, 06:07 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials...

(Gee I sound like a guy ... I only get Playboy for the articles!!)

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am LOL at the snack stadium... there's bound to be a party guest who's just got to know what happens if he picks the little hot dog from the 2nd row.

I'll watch football if it's on & if I'm not expected to pay very much attention to it. My husband used to be so into football. We lived overseas and he would set an alarm to wake up and watch games in the middle of the night. During regular season. But, he hasn't been so into it lately as he doesn't like that it's become "too politicized". It has made Christmas shopping much more difficult for me because for years my list was new NY Giants shirt, new NY Giants ornament, new NY Giants thing that doesn't really need a football logo on it (i.e., stapler). He has started watching a little again this year & it's funny how the sounds of football in the background take me back, haha.

He'll probably just watch the game with some chips & salsa, but if my 10 year old son realized the Super Bowl snacking possibilities, it would become his favorite holiday
Old 02-07-2022, 06:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't even know who's playing - hahaha. I doubt we're doing anything this year, but we used to go to parties - I didn't know who was playing then, but the parties were fun. All of this yummy food is making me hungry.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

CLE Browns fan here. Yeah, it's rough.

That being said, I watch the Super Bowl every year with great interest, and I am definitely hoping that the Bengals win, even though as a CLE girl, I'm not supposed to, lol. I love Ohio, I love Ohio teams, I really like Cincinnati as a city, and I also love underdogs.

AND I LOVE FOOD.

So yes to all the snacks!

Old 02-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We don't have football here in Brazil but my husband and I watch the superbowl finals every year because of halftime and now I need those snacks

Old 02-07-2022, 11:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

No Super Bowl or snacks here. But dang, it all looks good.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always watch for the commercials and half time. I can't decide who, if anyone, I'm rooting for. Matt Stafford played for the Lions for years and they... well let's just say they're bad. So I'm not sure if I'm bitter he's in the big game or happy for him lol. I'm good for alllll the snacks. Spinach and artichoke dip is my fave!!
Old 02-08-2022, 12:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're Lions fans, so, they've never been to a Super Bowl. The first year Matt Stafford is with another team, he's there! LOL! So we're rooting for the Rams.

We always watch with snacks.
Meatballs, chili cheese dip, pigs in a blanket, wings and caramel brownies are on the menu this year. I usually mix it up. The kids always look forward to a night of appetizers.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Fellow Ohioan here. Not a fan of either Ohio team....GO STEELERS, but I for sure will be rooting for Joe Burrow. I like Matt Stafford too though. But let's face gotta go for the Ohio team.

We usually have some friends over, cupcakes are a MUST on Superbowl Sunday here. And I usually make buffalo chicken dip. Not sure what else I want to make though. Probably finger foods. I thought about doing veggie pizza too. We'll see.

Kennedy's birthday is Monday, the 14th, so there's a chance we will be doing some celebrating on Sunday with family. But we'll see.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:23 PM
Banned

profile gallery

We definitely are not a football family and we don't watch the game, but all those appetizers sound and look delish! What time should I be over? LOL
Old 02-08-2022, 02:10 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
I for sure will be rooting for Joe Burrow.
I really do think that a lot of Ohio even if not a fan of the Bengals will be rooting for them just because of Joe Burrow. Ohio boy making good with an Ohio team. I have been to his home area many times since I have a cousin that lives in that area. For many people, it would be a culture shock to see this area of Ohio. He has done quite a bit for the area... this quote from a Columbus TV station story says it all --
Quote:
“What he has brought to this area is amazing,” said resident Tammy Hogsett. “He has brought hope. He has brought laughter. He has brought joy to the children in this area. I could cry talking about it because he has given all of these children an opportunity to see that they could do whatever they want. They can be whatever they want, and when you come from an area like this sometimes that’s difficult.”
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-new...bound-bengals/
Old 02-08-2022, 03:30 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I'm not even sure I'll be watching the game this year because my hubby is going ice fishing this weekend and I usually only watch with him. I watch for the commercials. Lol. But, I will be routing for Matthew Stafford as a sorta Lions fan. It's pretty cool that the Lions have been wishing him luck all over social media even though he left there.

But snacks? I like snacks! When we do go to snack parties (I mean Superbowl parties) I have a corn dip that I like to take. It sounds awful if I list the ingredients, but it's SO good and you eat with Scoops frito chips. (shredded cheddar, mayo, sour cream, can of white corn, chopped jalepeno and choppen onion or chopped green onions) Yummy!
Old 02-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
One of my sisters in law always brings a 7 layer dip.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm all about the super bowl snacks!

I usually make a really yummy blue cheese guacamole dip (just add blue cheese crumbles to your normal guac recipe!) I have a good recipe for little smokey's in the crockpot too. We usually do just finger/appetizer snacks. One year we did a chili bar- chili in the crockpot & with all the fun toppings for choices- as well as chips for dipping, etc. We have rainbow fiesta ware dishes- so I can usually pull the team colors we're rooting for! We are a seahawks family (live in WA my entire life- my mom is a DIEHARD fan!) and have had some fun gatherings for those games. Even though our team isn't in- we're rooting for Rams- Cooper Kupp went to EWU- Eastern WA University- just after my husband & I- so we always have cheered him on (even when playing our hawks...)

This year- we are out of town- McCall Idaho for a hockey tournament. I was joking around with my son that I kinda hope they do poorly so we can be out of town first thing Sunday morning to be home in time for the game... of course we're joking and murphy's law will prevail & they'll go to the championship game at 3pm...
Well either way - win or lose, I hope you get some good super bowl snacks!
Old 02-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachimac View Post
I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials...

(Gee I sound like a guy ... I only get Playboy for the articles!!)
I just about spit my water all over my laptop... thanks for the giggle!
Old 02-08-2022, 04:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I am LOL at the snack stadium... there's bound to be a party guest who's just got to know what happens if he picks the little hot dog from the 2nd row.
too funny... I thought the same thing.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Spinach and artichoke dip is my fave!!
love me some good spinach artichoke dip... i should ask my BFF for her recipe.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post

We always watch with snacks.
Meatballs, chili cheese dip, pigs in a blanket, wings and caramel brownies are on the menu this year. I usually mix it up. The kids always look forward to a night of appetizers.
You had me at chili cheese dip and then when you said caramel brownies, my mouth started watering. My neighbor makes the best caramel brownies. I never thought of having those for the super bowl... oh my, I need to ask her.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_ View Post
I'm not even sure I'll be watching the game this year because my hubby is going ice fishing this weekend and I usually only watch with him. I watch for the commercials. Lol. But, I will be routing for Matthew Stafford as a sorta Lions fan. It's pretty cool that the Lions have been wishing him luck all over social media even though he left there.

But snacks? I like snacks! When we do go to snack parties (I mean Superbowl parties) I have a corn dip that I like to take. It sounds awful if I list the ingredients, but it's SO good and you eat with Scoops frito chips. (shredded cheddar, mayo, sour cream, can of white corn, chopped jalepeno and choppen onion or chopped green onions) Yummy!
Well now you've got me curious. It kinda reminds me of mexican street corn. Do you heat up the corn? I need the recipe, pretty please!
Old 02-09-2022, 10:11 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_ View Post
and I usually only watch with him. I watch for the commercials. Lol.
OK, not into American Football, not into the Superbowl, but even over here you see ads with food for the Superbowl etc., even though most people are fast asleep when the Superbowl is on.

But what I really want to know is what's the deal with the commercials?? Are they anything special?
Old 02-09-2022, 10:24 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
But what I really want to know is what's the deal with the commercials?? Are they anything special?
They used to be but IMO not anymore. There were some very creative commercials in past years and for many years Budweiser commercials never disappointed.

And, most of them can actually be seen online before the actual game.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OK, not into American Football, not into the Superbowl, but even over here you see ads with food for the Superbowl etc., even though most people are fast asleep when the Superbowl is on.

We usually like the Doritos commercials, but I agree some of the commercials haven't been as good the past couple of years. This link has a few of them starting with last year's Flat Matthew Doritos commercial.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:35 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Yeah, they used to be a lot better, but companies would pour MILLIONS of dollars into their superbowl ads because they knew a ton of people would be watching.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I got an email with the recipe for totchos and my tater tot lovin hubby is gonna flip over these. Touchdown for me... best wife ever!

Old 02-09-2022, 06:44 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Drooling over everything. Not a good time for me as I try to diet lol
I crave for anything American/Mexican but will keep on suffering in silence...or maybe I'll just treat myself for lunch and have a yogurt in the evening
Old 02-10-2022, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got an email with the recipe for totchos and my tater tot lovin hubby is gonna flip over these. Touchdown for me... best wife ever!

Speaking of tots... I watched them make a recipe on Access the other day. They put the tots in a waffle maker and made a waffle of tots and then topped it with burger, cheese and any other toppings you want. We're going to just try it for dinner one of these days but you could definitely 1/4 the big waffle for a smaller portion.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A local restaurant here has something called "Garage fries," which are fries topped with pulled pork, jalapenos, cheese, and bacon. We make them at home all the time, since my husband's hobby is smoking meat and we always have pulled pork in the freezer. We've made them with tots before, and that is amazing! Definitely Super Bowl worthy!

Old 02-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Those sound so good! Might have to make some of those even if I don't want the game. Ha ha!
Old 02-10-2022, 11:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

This looks yummy! My hubby would love them too!

I make a Taco Tator Tot casserole thats yummy too!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-10-2022, 12:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Speaking of tots... I watched them make a recipe on Access the other day. They put the tots in a waffle maker and made a waffle of tots and then topped it with burger, cheese and any other toppings you want. We're going to just try it for dinner one of these days but you could definitely 1/4 the big waffle for a smaller portion.
a tot waffle sounds ah-mazing! thanks for the tip.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
A local restaurant here has something called "Garage fries," which are fries topped with pulled pork, jalapenos, cheese, and bacon. We make them at home all the time, since my husband's hobby is smoking meat and we always have pulled pork in the freezer. We've made them with tots before, and that is amazing! Definitely Super Bowl worthy!
those sound heavenly! my hubby likes to smoke meat too. hmm... i wonder if he has any pulled pork in the freezer.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
This looks yummy! My hubby would love them too!

I make a Taco Tator Tot casserole thats yummy too!!!
i make tater tot casserole but have never tried taco tots... sounds yummy. i'll have to check into that.
Old 02-13-2022, 03:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My BIL is hosting the super bowl party today and is smoking papa Murphy’s pizza on his smoker for it. My hubby was requested to make his famous cheeseball and I’m making my s’mores bars, also a request. I’m hoping someone else is doing the chips and queso I love or I’ll miss out on those this year.

I never watch the game. I’ll be playing cards with some of my nieces and nephews who aren’t into football either.

Let me know what snacks you have today, whether you watch the game or not.
Old 02-13-2022, 04:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Whoot! Go Seahawks!

41. Seattle
Old 02-13-2022, 04:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to a friend's house. I am making this chili cream cheese dip with Fritos. Easy, but delicious.

41. Seattle