Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-16-2022, 09:36 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Facebook Pages for layouts

I've noticed a couple of you who do this - and I follow your pages Is this the norm? I don't post my pages on my personal page as none of my family or IRL friends are that interested in my scrapping.

I like the idea of having either a page or second account for scrapping purposes - but a second account is a PITA logging in and out. How many of you actually have a facebook page for your scrapbook layouts?
Old 02-16-2022, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a FB page specifically for scrappy stuff. I did have a personal one years ago but like you said, it's a pain for switching between the two so I let that one go. Any of my friends and family who still wanted to stay connected followed me over to the scrappy one.

I will say that IG is way easier if you want to easily switch between accounts! I don't have two separate accounts myself but I used to do SSD's IG and my own. There's a single button to toggle easily back and forth.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an Instagram page where I post all of my pages as well as Pinterest
Old 02-16-2022, 10:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So I post my pages on my regular FB... cause it's my FB and I will post whatever i want...lol. I also post some to a scrapbook FB (my Ladybug Pics n Scraps page)

I also have a scrappy instagram too.

I try to remember to post on Pinterest... but I usually forget.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-16-2022, 10:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was actually wondering this lately as well - I post them on FB so that I can see them come up the next year(s) on my 'Memories', but sometimes I think I'm spamming my friends and family, as I do post quite a bit. I've thought of doing a page, then I thought maybe no one would follow me so that's stopped me ...

Old 02-17-2022, 12:02 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
I have a FB page specifically for scrappy stuff. I did have a personal one years ago but like you said, it's a pain for switching between the two so I let that one go. Any of my friends and family who still wanted to stay connected followed me over to the scrappy one.

I will say that IG is way easier if you want to easily switch between accounts! I don't have two separate accounts myself but I used to do SSD's IG and my own. There's a single button to toggle easily back and forth.
I'm a novice with instagram, but maybe i need to get into it a bit more and not let it intimidate me lol. It does sound like the perfect solution though!
Old 02-17-2022, 12:03 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I have an Instagram page where I post all of my pages as well as Pinterest
I don't even remember the login info for my pinterest account i'm hopeless LOL too many social media platforms and apps and I get frazzled
Old 02-17-2022, 12:04 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
So I post my pages on my regular FB... cause it's my FB and I will post whatever i want...lol. I also post some to a scrapbook FB (my Ladybug Pics n Scraps page)

I also have a scrappy instagram too.

I try to remember to post on Pinterest... but I usually forget.
See I used to post them to facebook, but I kinda like to keep them separate.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:06 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I was actually wondering this lately as well - I post them on FB so that I can see them come up the next year(s) on my 'Memories', but sometimes I think I'm spamming my friends and family, as I do post quite a bit. I've thought of doing a page, then I thought maybe no one would follow me so that's stopped me ...

We could be twins lol, I feel like I'm spamming them, then I get embarrased when they gush over pages - but I love seeing them in my memories too.

And I haven't created a page as yet for the same reason as you
Old 02-17-2022, 12:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't post my pages on FB, but I think I should start. If people don't like scrapbook pages..... I don't know, I guess they can unfollow/unfriend. I scroll through all the wordle scores, direct sales posts, meals, work rants, DIY updates, youth sports scores, 'shares', I should stop worrying about 'bothering' people ("friends"!) with something I enjoy!
Old 02-17-2022, 12:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
We could be twins lol, I feel like I'm spamming them, then I get embarrased when they gush over pages - but I love seeing them in my memories too.

And I haven't created a page as yet for the same reason as you
YES! My mom's new husband is the FIRST one to like every.single.page and I am embarrassed, and then also makes me want to not post pages about my late dad (her hubby is a gem, I just don't want him to feel bad if I post about him, but I also want to remember him as he's my dad....). Then again, he'd probably 'like' the page so he'd see them either way, I just always overthink things lol

Old 02-17-2022, 01:16 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
YES! My mom's new husband is the FIRST one to like every.single.page and I am embarrassed, and then also makes me want to not post pages about my late dad (her hubby is a gem, I just don't want him to feel bad if I post about him, but I also want to remember him as he's my dad....). Then again, he'd probably 'like' the page so he'd see them either way, I just always overthink things lol

Sounds like my family - but I also get my son who is 27 and doesn't like me scrapping pics of him, but I love to scrap pics of him
Old 02-17-2022, 01:45 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I don't post my pages on FB, but I think I should start. If people don't like scrapbook pages..... I don't know, I guess they can unfollow/unfriend. I scroll through all the wordle scores, direct sales posts, meals, work rants, DIY updates, youth sports scores, 'shares', I should stop worrying about 'bothering' people ("friends"!) with something I enjoy!
Exactly!
Old 02-17-2022, 01:48 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Well, I guess you could make a fanpage for your scrap layouts?
You wouldn't need to log in or log out. It's just a click to switch and post on your fanpage. As desingers we all do have one but I think you can definitely have one for your layouts too. No need to be selling anything to get a fanpage.
Only people who are liking your page will get that in their feed, therefore if none of your family or FB friends do they won't be bothered? But I do hope some are interested in your hobby too.

I post some layouts on my personal FB, especially those I CT for and my pages are also memories I like to share with my family so I don't mind if it bothers the others lol
Old 02-17-2022, 02:04 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
LOL I wish I was more like that
Old 02-17-2022, 02:07 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninigoesdigi View Post
Well, I guess you could make a fanpage for your scrap layouts?
You wouldn't need to log in or log out. It's just a click to switch and post on your fanpage. As desingers we all do have one but I think you can definitely have one for your layouts too. No need to be selling anything to get a fanpage.
Only people who are liking your page will get that in their feed, therefore if none of your family or FB friends do they won't be bothered? But I do hope some are interested in your hobby too.

I post some layouts on my personal FB, especially those I CT for and my pages are also memories I like to share with my family so I don't mind if it bothers the others lol
I think i'm gonna try instagram again - it sounds like its easier to switch between accounts and my son won't see my layouts because he's not on instagram then I can't get in trouble for putting flowers on pages that include photos of him
Old 02-17-2022, 02:30 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

lol
Old 02-17-2022, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I post my pages to my personal FB. And I post to my Instagram account.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a separate IG page just for scrappy stuff. It is so easy to switch between the two.

I don't post scrappy stuff to my FB page
Old 02-17-2022, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a facebook page for my layouts (digital scrap/hybrid/art journal...) you can post on facebook and instagram at the same time
Old 02-17-2022, 02:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an album on FB for each year's worth of pages and I just dump everything on there about once a month or so (whenever I remember to upload a bunch of pages to Persnickety). My friends that care will go through them and the rest just pass. I save all my SSD pages on Pinterest.
Old 02-17-2022, 06:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I started an album for my scrapbook pages and I keep the posts there. I only post the odd one there though, usually something with my youngest daughter or granddaughter. My granbaby's mom, my eldest, has the link to my gallery here so she can come and see everything I do when she's feeling inclined.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i just add them to my regular facebook *shrug*

Old 02-20-2022, 07:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I post my scrapbook pages on my FB page, but I don't post all of them. I have some friends who like almost every single page that I post. I avoid posting the artsy type because very few people "get it," although I don't do many artsy pages. I post them because I want my friends to see photos of my son and my family or what I've been up to. They can just skip over them if they don't like them, and some friends do.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I have an album on FB for each year's worth of pages and I just dump everything on there about once a month or so (whenever I remember to upload a bunch of pages to Persnickety). My friends that care will go through them and the rest just pass. I save all my SSD pages on Pinterest.
I also sort them by year on FB.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-27-2022, 01:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Facebook account was actually started because I was scrapping and selling my designs and needed a business page so I started a personal one. Many, many of my Facebook friends I met through scrapping and so many of them have become real friends to me. Over the years I integrated work friends and family, etc. to my page so now it is a good mix. No one complains when I post scrapbook pages. If they don't like it, I don't care anyway.
Old 02-27-2022, 12:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm behind, but I post my scrapbook pages to my personal FB page. I usually do batches and put them in a photo album for the year that I add to. If I have a specific theme album (like christmas/holidays, which I've done regularly for 8 years now) it gets its own album since it is a cohesive project with a start and end.
I post on my personal Instagram account now too, which is public because I post for my CT designers there. I do not cross-post between the two because I don't want the pages dumped in my regular feed. I've thought about doing a separate fanpage, but my extended family and scrapbooking friends we moved away from see them where they are when I put them up and can look if they want, or keep scrolling by - up to them.

I keep putting my pages in these places in addition to the galleries at the scrapbooking sites as I realized a few years back after we moved and I didn't have the CT load for a while that a computer/EHD crash (has happened a few times over recent years to me) and gallery reorganization at the scrapbook sites could mean potential loss of my work and page credits (has also happened several times). These spaces belong to me and barring the closing of the sites completely I have control over what is posted and where and when. I recently used some pages for a team blog post I was doing that were older and I had never posted anywhere. An EHD crash meant the page credits weren't available to me anywhere that I could find, but I finally remembered to check my FB albums and I had shared them there at some point thankfully.
Old 02-27-2022, 07:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I use my personal page for my layouts. Most of them are for CT's. I started another page, but they keep wanting to charge me - I got into that one other time and it can get expensive. I just went back to my home page. That's mainly the reason I have a FB account anyway. I don't post much else on there,.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:16 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I put it on my personal page. If they don't like it, they can click by it. No one has ever complained or left because of it.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:21 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
I think i'm gonna try instagram again - it sounds like its easier to switch between accounts and my son won't see my layouts because he's not on instagram then I can't get in trouble for putting flowers on pages that include photos of him
I have a separate Instagram account. It's very easy to switch between profiles and I put ones I think family might like on my personal profile too.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just post of my regular FB & IG pages. I don't post a lot other than my pages on either of these platforms.