Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-04-2022, 10:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default TGIF! Weekend Plans?

This has been a long week for me so I’m so glad we are just about to the weekend! What’s everybody doing this weekend? Any big plans? Just taking it easy?

I was traveling or hosting guests for the last 3 weekends so I am doing NOTHING this weekend and very happy to do so!
Old 03-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubby is running a marathon on Sunday so we will be up bright and early to go cheer him on! Race starts at 645am! Yawn!

Saturday my youngest has a tutoring session for math at school then we have to go pick up race stuff for hubby. I am also getting bids for house painters and need to pick a color...Hubby wants to paint a small area to make sure I am happy before we pay someone to paint the whole inside of the house.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are making homemade pizza tonight for dinner. I'm cheating by using Bisquick (vs. making the dough from scratch like my boyfriend does) but it will still be yummy!

My son's school district has an in-district writing program for their elementary students so he & I are going to that tomorrow morning. I went when I was little (though I don't remember my mom having to go with me) but this is the first time he's been able to go since this is his first year attending this school district. The children's author they're bringing in to talk to the kids is the (grown) daughter of a teacher that I've kept in touch with since I was in HS (and this teacher will be talking to all of the parents when the kids are sharing their stories with one another) so it feels very full circle-y to me.

We are supposed to hit 60 degrees tomorrow for the first time this year (woohoo!) so the kids and I will be doing something outside tomorrow afternoon before the rain sets in.

Those will be the highlights. The rest of the weekend will be regular things -- chores, errands, housework, church.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:36 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

It's already the weekend for me! I took today off work and I have a friend over for a full weekend of snacking, scrapbooking and eating! I really needed this break! We've been going nonstop for several weeks and I'm super looking forward to some downtime!
Old 03-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
My hubby is running a marathon on Sunday so we will be up bright and early to go cheer him on! Race starts at 645am! Yawn!

Saturday my youngest has a tutoring session for math at school then we have to go pick up race stuff for hubby. I am also getting bids for house painters and need to pick a color...Hubby wants to paint a small area to make sure I am happy before we pay someone to paint the whole inside of the house.
You are a good support team! My running days are over but I remember how great it was to have people there cheering me on.

I am the worst at picking paint colors! I get like 45 samples and always pick the last one I thought I'd like.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
We are making homemade pizza tonight for dinner. I'm cheating by using Bisquick (vs. making the dough from scratch like my boyfriend does) but it will still be yummy!

My son's school district has an in-district writing program for their elementary students so he & I are going to that tomorrow morning. I went when I was little (though I don't remember my mom having to go with me) but this is the first time he's been able to go since this is his first year attending this school district. The children's author they're bringing in to talk to the kids is the (grown) daughter of a teacher that I've kept in touch with since I was in HS (and this teacher will be talking to all of the parents when the kids are sharing their stories with one another) so it feels very full circle-y to me.

We are supposed to hit 60 degrees tomorrow for the first time this year (woohoo!) so the kids and I will be doing something outside tomorrow afternoon before the rain sets in.

Those will be the highlights. The rest of the weekend will be regular things -- chores, errands, housework, church.
I don't think you can make something that ISN'T yummy with Bisquick. I'm a fan. This sounds like a nice combo of activities and something I miss a bit since my kids are both in college away from home.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_ View Post
It's already the weekend for me! I took today off work and I have a friend over for a full weekend of snacking, scrapbooking and eating! I really needed this break! We've been going nonstop for several weeks and I'm super looking forward to some downtime!
Awesome! I have two girlfriends who scrapbook and some of my favorite weekends are ones with them up at our cabin.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my little guy has two birthday parties to attend tomorrow and then on sunday we're going to a CAT SHOW. /catlady

Old 03-04-2022, 02:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have all kinds of things planned in my head. . . . will it get done is the real question. One is to get out with my new to me camera body and start figuring it out.

It has been crazy busy at work so I haven't even turned my computer on once I get home from work, lots of scrappy catching up I have to do.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's the first day of spring break here! I'm heading to the grocery store and then probably playing a few board/card games to pass some time with my son-- he got in trouble & lost all screen time through this evening, so it's a long first day out of school for him Later we'll go check out some snow sculptures, I think today is the last day they're on display. Tonight, my daughter has an indoor soccer game, so I'll be there assistant coaching. Oh, that reminds me, I need to go put our soccer stuff from last night's game in the dryer!
Saturday, we're going to try to find a not-so-crowded spot to catch the ceremonial start of the Iditarod & then my kids have bowling.
Sunday...I need to find out if my husband invited a coworker over for dinner.

In between all that, I'll be catching up on housework (subbed 2 days in a row & got off my routine) and hopefully getting a few of my 2021 PL pages scrapped. And also need to run a few times, my running group has a leaderboard 'race' to 50 miles and I'm usually in the top 3 but (also due to those 2 subbing days) in 6th or 7th place.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
my little guy has two birthday parties to attend tomorrow and then on sunday we're going to a CAT SHOW. /catlady
I've been to a couple dog shows but never to a cat show. Sounds fun! I love cats but I'd be sneezing up a storm
Old 03-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
It's the first day of spring break here! I'm heading to the grocery store and then probably playing a few board/card games to pass some time with my son-- he got in trouble & lost all screen time through this evening, so it's a long first day out of school for him Later we'll go check out some snow sculptures, I think today is the last day they're on display. Tonight, my daughter has an indoor soccer game, so I'll be there assistant coaching. Oh, that reminds me, I need to go put our soccer stuff from last night's game in the dryer!
Saturday, we're going to try to find a not-so-crowded spot to catch the ceremonial start of the Iditarod & then my kids have bowling.
Sunday...I need to find out if my husband invited a coworker over for dinner.

In between all that, I'll be catching up on housework (subbed 2 days in a row & got off my routine) and hopefully getting a few of my 2021 PL pages scrapped. And also need to run a few times, my running group has a leaderboard 'race' to 50 miles and I'm usually in the top 3 but (also due to those 2 subbing days) in 6th or 7th place.
Wow! you are busy! Nice of you to help entertain your son --my kids would be climbing the walls with no screen time. It might be more punishment for me than them.

How cool to be able to see the start of the Iditarod.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I have all kinds of things planned in my head. . . . will it get done is the real question. One is to get out with my new to me camera body and start figuring it out.

It has been crazy busy at work so I haven't even turned my computer on once I get home from work, lots of scrappy catching up I have to do.
I might get out to do some photography too. I need more photos to scrap and a few film cameras I want to spend more time with.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

this will be my first cat show too i'm a little excited lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I've been to a couple dog shows but never to a cat show. Sounds fun! I love cats but I'd be sneezing up a storm

Old 03-04-2022, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Farmer's market and sunshine tomorrow for me, some nature walking, a Starbucks trip... I guess on Sunday I should do some housework, it has been a busy week and I need to catch up on laundry.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We have had a week....

started with a bridal expo... yay that was fun...

then... one daughter ended up in the hospital with possible heart issues and possible blood clot.... she had the flu and it caused some inflammation of her heart ... no clots...

then .... son needed a root canal....

Now we have Gym Night craziness.... (Neshaminy 's Gym Night is HUGE and crazy but fun.....). Hopefully we end this week on a good memory!!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Farmer's market and sunshine tomorrow for me, some nature walking, a Starbucks trip... I guess on Sunday I should do some housework, it has been a busy week and I need to catch up on laundry.
That sounds, literally, perfect (except the housework)
Old 03-04-2022, 03:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sunday is the day I have set aside to do homework for grad school, so tomorrow will be a family day. I need to plan something, but I have no idea what. My kids are teenagers and at the age that they complain about anything we plan (but then have fun once we're there). I've tried to get their input, but they always say they just want to stay home and do nothing. I feel like we've been doing that for 2 whole years--how can they want more? (I'm an introvert and a homebody, so in theory I get it. But they'll get to spend all day Sunday staying home and doing nothing, and since today is a teacher workday they're doing that today, too.)
Old 03-04-2022, 04:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It has totally been A WEEK for sure - on Wed. I thought for sure it should have been Friday lol What a disappointment when it wasn't!

We have a 3 year old's bday party tomorrow - friends of ours, they have a 5 year old daughter that is friends with our 5 year old as well. Not sure what else we'll get up to, but I'm looking forward to relaxing.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Sunday is the day I have set aside to do homework for grad school, so tomorrow will be a family day. I need to plan something, but I have no idea what. My kids are teenagers and at the age that they complain about anything we plan (but then have fun once we're there). I've tried to get their input, but they always say they just want to stay home and do nothing. I feel like we've been doing that for 2 whole years--how can they want more? (I'm an introvert and a homebody, so in theory I get it. But they'll get to spend all day Sunday staying home and doing nothing, and since today is a teacher workday they're doing that today, too.)
I feel like once my kids were in their late teens, the only thing we ever did together was go out to eat.

I am an introvert too and work from home and I still resist leaving the house. The pandemic has definitely made that tendency worse for me too.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
We have had a week....

started with a bridal expo... yay that was fun...

then... one daughter ended up in the hospital with possible heart issues and possible blood clot.... she had the flu and it caused some inflammation of her heart ... no clots...

then .... son needed a root canal....

Now we have Gym Night craziness.... (Neshaminy 's Gym Night is HUGE and crazy but fun.....). Hopefully we end this week on a good memory!!!!
Wow, you HAVE had a week! I hope your kids get well quickly!

I had to look up Gym Night. Sounds fun!