Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-06-2020, 05:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Quarantine Hair... Don't Care ;)

I had a doctor's appointment today, so for the first time in almost 3 weeks, I (sort of) did my hair and put a dab of make-up on!! At home, my hair is just clipped up. I mean, I'm not really trying to impress anyone while I'm home at my computer in my sweats
Do you do your hair & put make-up on if you are just staying home?

Share your "quaratine look", and your "I'm going to be around people" look.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't wear much make-up anyway, so I guess there's not much difference there!

Old 04-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well. I don’t usually wear makeup. Once in a while some mascara and eye liner. And I have totally not been doing my hair. Lol.

My paint the playroom hairstyle

And ponytails to spackle the playroom

And today...

I need a cut and a perm. Or to not be lazy and straighten it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 04-06-2020, 06:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Well. I don’t usually wear makeup. Once in a while some mascara and eye liner. And I have totally not been doing my hair. Lol.

My paint the playroom hairstyle

And ponytails to spackle the playroom

And today...

I need a cut and a perm. Or to not be lazy and straighten it. Lol

Yay!! Thanks for sharing your photos, Stacy
I think hair dressers & barbers are going to be swamped when we can all get out! I had a cut scheduled for March 31... Now it's postponed until late April. Fingers crossed that she'll be open by then!!
Old 04-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wear makeup every day. It's part of my routine. My hair style is just straight, so I never "fix" it. I also get dressed in jeans and shirt too.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I wear makeup every day. It's part of my routine. My hair style is just straight, so I never "fix" it. I also get dressed in jeans and shirt too.
You have great habits, Lynn!!
Old 04-06-2020, 11:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nope nothing has changed! I didn't do anything with my hair or makeup before and definitely not during and probably won't after! I'm also wearing the same clothes that I wore before, except now I'm wearing socks because I need new slippers as I wore these ones out too much. That will be the first thing I do when I can get out- - -get new slippers! I hate wearing socks, it's another thing I have to wash!

I can't promise this photo will stay up too long. . . I might panic and remove it overnight because I don't really share photos of myself outside of my protected FB.

But this was me today, resting on the sofa when Jasper decided he needed to snuggle with me. I eventually fell asleep with him and slept for about 2 hours. For the record, I'm sick. I don't normally nap during the day
Old 04-07-2020, 02:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have to work five days a week, so i have to do my hair everyday. I have short hair, but now its to long to do what i want .
Old 04-07-2020, 02:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You all look beautiful ladies... quarantine hair or not!

Old 04-07-2020, 03:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No makeup (never ever wear make up when there is no pandemic ) but I do clip my hair back now that it's longer.....plus my beautiful grey/blond roots are showing. LOL

Old 04-07-2020, 06:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been wearing make-up about half the time--it just makes me feel finished and ready for my day, though I don't wear much anyway. My hair is kind of a disaster, however. I was supposed to get it cut on March 17, but that didn't work out, and now it is getting so long that I need to pin it back or maybe shave my head. Those are my two options. I'm with Lynn, getting ready is part of my routine, and my days don't go as well when I skip it!

Old 04-07-2020, 07:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have not put on makeup since March 13, the last time I went into work before the pandemic really hit. I don't wear much, but it does make a difference. I'm going to have to next Monday because the firm manager decided to start having our weekly conference call staff meetings via Zoom. Ugh. I have my hair pulled back, so I'm going to have to style it. Lol
Old 04-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Nope nothing has changed! I didn't do anything with my hair or makeup before and definitely not during and probably won't after! I'm also wearing the same clothes that I wore before, except now I'm wearing socks because I need new slippers as I wore these ones out too much. That will be the first thing I do when I can get out- - -get new slippers! I hate wearing socks, it's another thing I have to wash!

I can't promise this photo will stay up too long. . . I might panic and remove it overnight because I don't really share photos of myself outside of my protected FB.

But this was me today, resting on the sofa when Jasper decided he needed to snuggle with me. I eventually fell asleep with him and slept for about 2 hours. For the record, I'm sick. I don't normally nap during the day
I don't really remember when I started, but I take a nap almost every single day. I'm kind of embarrassed about it when my kids talk about how they get to bust out their electronics until Mom wakes up. But really, I'm a WAY nicer person to be around if I can sneak in an hour or so of sleep after lunch. Maybe I like living the toddler life?

Here's my messy hair, don't care look:

And here's when I'm "trying". I still don't really do makeup, and I'm a casual person by nature. Also, this photo was from like, 3 months ago, because apparently I don't take photos of myself.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I love seeing your beautiful face!!

Old 04-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I've been wearing make-up about half the time--it just makes me feel finished and ready for my day, though I don't wear much anyway. My hair is kind of a disaster, however. I was supposed to get it cut on March 17, but that didn't work out, and now it is getting so long that I need to pin it back or maybe shave my head. Those are my two options. I'm with Lynn, getting ready is part of my routine, and my days don't go as well when I skip it!
You sound like my daughter. She's growing her hair out and every other day its her asking me to shave her head like I do her brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperL788 View Post
I don't really remember when I started, but I take a nap almost every single day. I'm kind of embarrassed about it when my kids talk about how they get to bust out their electronics until Mom wakes up. But really, I'm a WAY nicer person to be around if I can sneak in an hour or so of sleep after lunch. Maybe I like living the toddler life?
Growing up we were never to be "lazy", so I have a hard time allowing myself to do things that aren't "productive". I haven't lived at home in over 20 years and I still hear my father telling me to get up and do something when I'm resting. But this virus is kicking my toosh and these last two days I've been so exhausted/tired that I'm having a hard time doing much that doesn't require laying down, being still or sleeping

I'm going to live vicariously through you and your naps though!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I love seeing your beautiful face!!
shhh....I was just coming back to delete my photo! Now I can't because you quoted my post :P You beat my slow fingers this morning!!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If I am just staying home then I typically do not do my makeup. I straighten my hair just about every day because it'll be a mess if I don't.
Here's no makeup right after a home workout:

If I don't, I put on a hat. I've been doing that a lot over the weekends. This has been my hat of choice lately:

Buuuut, I'm also an essential worker so on the days that I'm in the office I do my hair and makeup. Here is one from last week:

I don't normally do so many selfies but I'm trying to document this weird, crazy time.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
shhh....I was just coming back to delete my photo! Now I can't because you quoted my post :P You beat my slow fingers this morning!!
Hahahaha! I can self-destruct mine if it makes you feel better. No worries.
Still doesn't change my response to it though.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
...and now it is getting so long that I need to pin it back or maybe shave my head.
I shaved my head once... #chemo It does make mornings faster. Growing it back out was a pain though.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love this thread! It's fun to see you all.
I haven't worn makeup in forever. I even tossed everything during our move a few weeks ago because it was all old and probably bad.
Actually that's not true. I wear makeup when we do family photos. But I have someone who does it for me. lol

My hair is always up in a bun because Leonie, the baby, grabs it and it hurts.
If it's freshly washed I like to let it down but not for long since I have to carry baby or nurse her.

My hair has been crazy around my face, regrowth from after birth.

We were at a social gathering so my hair was down.

Last edited by Leablahblah; 04-07-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Yay!! I'm so glad you shared a photo of yourself, Wendy I know you don't do it very often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
I have to work five days a week, so i have to do my hair everyday. I have short hair, but now its to long to do what i want .
I suppose if I had to go to work, I would do my hair, too. Short hair can almost be harder than long hair when you can't get it cut often enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
You all look beautiful ladies... quarantine hair or not!
You are so sweet, Sarah!
Old 04-07-2020, 05:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
No makeup (never ever wear make up when there is no pandemic ) but I do clip my hair back now that it's longer.....plus my beautiful grey/blond roots are showing. LOL

I love your beautiful gray/blonde, Biancka! And, you're all sparkly

Quote:
That's a good habit to be in Ally! That's one of the reasons I don't wear jammies after I get up (I don't count sweats as jammies. LOL!). I'm right there with you on hair! I was supposed to get it cut March 31. I've always threatened to shave my head. LOL! Maybe that will be the new style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
I have not put on makeup since March 13, the last time I went into work before the pandemic really hit. I don't wear much, but it does make a difference. I'm going to have to next Monday because the firm manager decided to start having our weekly conference call staff meetings via Zoom. Ugh. I have my hair pulled back, so I'm going to have to style it. Lol
Those darned zoom meetings. LOL!! I guess since it's for work, you'll probably want to look as you do on a normal work day
Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperL788 View Post

Here's my messy hair, don't care look:

And here's when I'm "trying". I still don't really do makeup, and I'm a casual person by nature. Also, this photo was from like, 3 months ago, because apparently I don't take photos of myself.
I wish I could take naps! I have the time, but I lay there with my mind racing... it is just an exercise in frustration.
Thanks for sharing your photos, Laura!! Isn't it funny that we don't notice we aren't in pictures until we're looking for one?

Quote:
Haha! Foiled! Good job, Carrie!! And, PS... I agree! I love seeing Wendy!

Quote:
If I am just staying home then I typically do not do my makeup. I straighten my hair just about every day because it'll be a mess if I don't.
Here's no makeup right after a home workout:

If I don't, I put on a hat. I've been doing that a lot over the weekends. This has been my hat of choice lately:

Buuuut, I'm also an essential worker so on the days that I'm in the office I do my hair and makeup. Here is one from last week:

I don't normally do so many selfies but I'm trying to document this weird, crazy time.
Is your hair naturally curly, Carrie? I'm glad you took these selfies, and hope you continue!
You have such beautiful big eyes!!
And, I LOVE your hat
Old 04-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I have always loved how blue your eyes are in your photos! You have gorgeous eyes!!

I also really love your hair color, with the chunks of color from your selfie last week!!

And it's okay about the photo. It's not showing my whole face, so all is good in the privacy world!
Old 04-07-2020, 05:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
I shaved my head once... #chemo It does make mornings faster. Growing it back out was a pain though.
I'm sorry you had to do that, Amy. Did your hair texture change when you grew it back out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I love this thread! It's fun to see you all.
I haven't worn makeup in forever. I even tossed everything during our move a few weeks ago because it was all old and probably bad.
Actually that's not true. I wear makeup when we do family photos. But I have someone who does it for me. lol

My hair is always up in a bun because Leonie, the baby, grabs it and it hurts.
If it's freshly washed I like to let it down but not for long since I have to carry baby or nurse her.

My hair has been crazy around my face, regrowth from after birth.

We were at a social gathering so my hair was down.
You're such a cutie, Lea!
I'm having so much fun seeing everyone's photos!
Old 04-07-2020, 05:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Tomorrow is my first day working from home - I am certain there will be no makeup or fixing of the hair involved - and because I'll be home alone (hubby is still working) probably no bra either! LOL!
Old 04-07-2020, 05:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Is your hair naturally curly, Carrie? I'm glad you took these selfies, and hope you continue!
You have such beautiful big eyes!!
And, I LOVE your hat
Nope...no curl to my hair but if I don't straighten it then one side will usually flip up while the other flips under so yeah...I have to straighten it all down. And, thank you for the compliment.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have always loved how blue your eyes are in your photos! You have gorgeous eyes!!

I also really love your hair color, with the chunks of color from your selfie last week!!

And it's okay about the photo. It's not showing my whole face, so all is good in the privacy world!
Thank you! The only good thing I got from my father, I guess. Haha!

Old 04-07-2020, 09:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Honestly I don't think I have actually done my hair in 3 weeks and definitely no makeup which is not like me at all. I have wore jeans every day since March 18 and I actually do not like jeans (hum guess I can't attach a photo without loading to another site)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Beautiful ladies!!

I don't wear make-up (I'm allergic to most of them), so I pretty much look how I would normally look. But since I'm working from home, I don't dress up like I would when I actually had to travel to work.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wasn't happy with my last haircut as she cut it shorter than I wanted but now I'm grateful b/c its got room to grow in. Clothing-wise, I usually have on jeans, a tee and sweater/hoodie so the only thing that's changed is that I'm wearing more yoga/sweatpants to be comfy since the only place I go is out for a walk or jog with Taz.

I don't wear makeup so that's not changed.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I was just thinking that I don't think I've ever seen a photo of you. Now I can put a face to the name! And nothing wrong with a nap! Hope you feel better soon!!

Old 04-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Yay!! Thanks for sharing your photos, Stacy
I think hair dressers & barbers are going to be swamped when we can all get out! I had a cut scheduled for March 31... Now it's postponed until late April. Fingers crossed that she'll be open by then!!
My aunt usually does my hair and I had two appointments with her
, first one she had to reschedule, second on was the first week of quarantine so I canceled it.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post

I was just sitting out side with my daughter yesterday and all of a sudden she says, "wow you really do have a lot of grays now...."

Old 04-08-2020, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Tomorrow is my first day working from home - I am certain there will be no makeup or fixing of the hair involved - and because I'll be home alone (hubby is still working) probably no bra either! LOL!
Woohoo!! I'm so happy for you, Jill! Sounds like a comfy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Honestly I don't think I have actually done my hair in 3 weeks and definitely no makeup which is not like me at all. I have wore jeans every day since March 18 and I actually do not like jeans (hum guess I can't attach a photo without loading to another site)
Haha! I think it's time for some sweats, Debbie! LOL! Much more comfortable than jeans
I use Imgur to load photos that aren't layouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Beautiful ladies!!

I don't wear make-up (I'm allergic to most of them), so I pretty much look how I would normally look. But since I'm working from home, I don't dress up like I would when I actually had to travel to work.
Isn't it fun seeing photos of everyone??!
You're beautiful without makeup, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I wasn't happy with my last haircut as she cut it shorter than I wanted but now I'm grateful b/c its got room to grow in. Clothing-wise, I usually have on jeans, a tee and sweater/hoodie so the only thing that's changed is that I'm wearing more yoga/sweatpants to be comfy since the only place I go is out for a walk or jog with Taz.

I don't wear makeup so that's not changed.

My mom was a hairdresser, so my motto has always been... it's hair, it grows back Great way to see the positive, Rae! I think a lot of us are going to be shaggy when this is over
Old 04-08-2020, 12:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am loving seeing everyones photos!

Old 04-08-2020, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Typically I only wear mascara but I haven't even put that on for days. My usual is a messy bun or ponytail- even for work (I'm a dental hygienist- so my hair has to be up & back!)

Yesterday was a hat day however:

This am:

and my view:
Old 04-08-2020, 05:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love the title of this thread and seeing everyone! Especially those that we never see!

I didn't shower two days, so we won't talk about my hair those days! :P Usually I still shower, dry and curl my hair. Even when I was sick I still got dressed every day. My hair is bad.... week and a half late for my color/cut appointment, and I had no idea I have this much white hair! LOL. I could take a picture where it's even more obvious, but this is just a "normal" pic of me! Hat! Thanks for the idea - I need to wear a hat!!

Old 04-09-2020, 12:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

thankfully my hair is blonde so the grey just blends in, lol. Decided to have a pj day as well.

Last edited by jaye; 04-09-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

So I don’t usually wear a lot of makeup in general unless I’m going out. I’ve been trying to maintain structure especially with kids at home and the distance learning, so after my daily walk with my dogs I usually shower and put on a tinted moisturizer and mascara, I love the messy bun hair even when we weren’t stuck at home and I’m big on hats especially beanies!!! I have so much grey showing .... I’m two weeks behind on my touch up appointment now I think I’m just going to embrace grey... it’s the part grey part highlight brown hair that’s driving me crazy. Thank goodness for hats!

Old 04-11-2020, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Typically I only wear mascara but I haven't even put that on for days. My usual is a messy bun or ponytail- even for work (I'm a dental hygienist- so my hair has to be up & back!)

Yesterday was a hat day however:

This am:

and my view:
Wow, Amie!! What a gorgeous place to be quarantined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Love the title of this thread and seeing everyone! Especially those that we never see!

I didn't shower two days, so we won't talk about my hair those days! :P Usually I still shower, dry and curl my hair. Even when I was sick I still got dressed every day. My hair is bad.... week and a half late for my color/cut appointment, and I had no idea I have this much white hair! LOL. I could take a picture where it's even more obvious, but this is just a "normal" pic of me! Hat! Thanks for the idea - I need to wear a hat!!

I love your gray coming in, Cindi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
thankfully my hair is blonde so the grey just blends in, lol. Decided to have a pj day as well.

I think a lot of people are doing PJ days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
So I don’t usually wear a lot of makeup in general unless I’m going out. I’ve been trying to maintain structure especially with kids at home and the distance learning, so after my daily walk with my dogs I usually shower and put on a tinted moisturizer and mascara, I love the messy bun hair even when we weren’t stuck at home and I’m big on hats especially beanies!!! I have so much grey showing .... I’m two weeks behind on my touch up appointment now I think I’m just going to embrace grey... it’s the part grey part highlight brown hair that’s driving me crazy. Thank goodness for hats!

Yes!! Embrace the gray, Charity!!
Old 04-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started following Grombre last year when a few of my friends were complaining about going gray or contemplating about letting the gray happen. There's an IG account that has so many followers. I bet during the quarantine, more and more people will start using that hashtag and following this account!

Cindi, Im jealous your hair is white underneath your coloring. I want white hair in the worst ways but I've only ever seen that gray/silver hair since my 20's. I so want to dye my hair lavender and that can only happen if it grows in white.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I embraced the grey when I decided to not dye my hair black for one year but...I wasn't as grey as I wanted and it didn't look good so back to black for me but now I am just OK with what is happening to my hair right now. Not the only one out there with grey roots showing