Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 2019 Book Favorites...

I thought it would be fun for us to share what our favorite books read during 2019 were.
I'm rather stunned that I somehow managed to read 275 books!!
All of my 5-star rated titles for the year are as follows... in no particular order :

Of course, this list made it glaringly obvious just how stingy I am with a 5-star rating...
Does it seem rather picky to bestow 5 stars to only 21 books out of 275?? [Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, not pictured].
I did rate 93 books at 4 stars.
I dunno. Are you pretty liberal with your 5 star/ultimate favorite ratings?

Sooooo.... how about you? How many books did you read and what were some/all of your favorites??
Old 01-04-2020, 10:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

WOW loni!! You are my hero. I read 80 books this year and it's been the best year ever for me and reading (almost all were via audiobook but I don't even care - I finally gave audio a chance (and learned to speed them up) and i love love LOVE my new hobby. I also got a kindle during black friday so I've read a few books on that and LOVE it too.

I will come back to add to my list - i'm definitely picky about 5 star ratings and only had a few 5 stars - some of which are on your 5 star list as well!
Old 01-04-2020, 10:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow that amazes me! I only read 17 this year This is the least amount of books that I've ever read since college I think... just goes to show how busy our lives are these days! Regardless- there was a lot of great books here & next year hopefully I'll get more time to read! I imagine when the kids & grown & gone, my reading habit will expand exponentially!

Here's my year in books! https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_.../2019/71291269
Old 01-05-2020, 08:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ended up with 49 in 2019. Im trying again for 52 this year lol. I am thinking about doing some more audio books when I am crocheting or scrapping because I love stories I, also, am very stingy with a 5 star rating. To me a book really needs to wow me for me to give it 5 stars. Saying that, though, I gave the first two book of this year a 5 star rating so far lol!

eta my books are here I think I may start using good reads again this year
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/beebsreads/
Old 01-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do not give many 5-star ratings either...reserve those for my absolute favorites, books that will "stick with me" or made me really "feel" something or think...not just books I thought were good.

I read 35 books. I'm okay with that because my time is split between many other hobbies, too. I have tried in previous years, but I find it SO hard to get into audio books. I looooove podcasts, though, so that's a puzzler

My top 5 books of 2019 were:
#1-- The Two Family House by Lynda Cohen Loigman
#2-- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
#3-5 in no particular order: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

Sadly, I don't think I loved any of these as much as I loved any of my top 4 of 2018! (Where the Crawdads Sing, Stay With Me, My Absolute Darling, Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend...all were disturbing, don't know what that says about me, haha)
Old 01-05-2020, 09:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love this thread!! And all the Book Threads
My Top 10 are-
November 9
Before We Were Yours
The Light We Lost
Daisy Jones and The Six
The Night Circus
Necessary Lies
The Nightingale
The Great Alone
The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell
The Giver of Star

I give 5 Stars to books that totally blow me away and make an impact. Most of the books I read are 4 Stars.