Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default shaking a little this morning

As you guys may know, dh drives an hour or so north of here every night to get to work. Last night, he made it to work by the skin of his teeth. I'm still shaking.

He left here around 11pm and headed north. He was on the interstate with a semi truck in front of him and a car traveling beside him (he was in the right lane). They're cruisin' along when suddenly the semi locks up his brakes. Marti tried to stop but they had hit a stretch of ice and he couldn't even slow down.

The car beside him lost control and spun around. With his headlights coming straight at Marti's driver's side door.

The semi truck jack-knifed.

Marti still can't stop.

They come down this hill and see a huge pile up of 8 cars... glass everywhere.

Marti still can't stop. He shoved it into neutral... still flying.

At this point, he's about to hit the semi, so he shoves it into park and prayed for the best as he tried to make his way to the shoulder (where the guardrail was... with a huge drop off).

Somehow, he made it through.

Unfortunately, 3 others didn't. There were 3 people killed. They closed the highway probably just minutes after Marti made it through there and it was shut down for hours while they cleaned up the wreckage.

*whew*

I do NOT like him driving that far late at night, and this just reiterates that feeling. I'm a mess this morning.