Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm Back (Kind Of)

I'm back!!!

Well, kind of.....

We've run in to a lot of struggles and challenges with our move. Of all of our moves, this one is probably up there on the list as the worst. We are still missing boxes and totes, which one of them is a lot of my clothes. We are still missing hardware as the movers misplaced our hardware box.

I've finally been able to find all the boxes to put together my computer. Wouldn't you know, the movers put my monitor in one box, one of the cables in another and the other cable in another box. When I finally made the space in the room, my wifi wouldn't extend to that portion of the house. So then I spent several hours looking for our Velop Wifi Extender, which of course were in several boxes.

Anyways, I FINALLY have the computer hooked up. The house is a mess with boxes all over as we are slowly unpacking. Several things were broken when we moved in, so we are waiting on maintenance to fix these issues. I just finished lining all the cabinets so we can finish unboxing the kitchen. We are working on getting a place cleaned out so we can set up the dining table. It's all slow-going. BUT I got my computer hooked up!

Tomorrow, I take my daughter to college for her Freshman orientation. I'll be gone all day. Hopefully the heat and humidity doesn't kill me. It's been quite some time since my body felt this much humidity and heat that it's not tolerating it very well. We always thought we'd retire down at Fort Benning (Georgia), but after this week, I told my husband I'm open to going back to Colorado where there is no humidity, no excessive heat and not nearly as many bugs as there are here!!

But just like every duty station, it's only temporary. In three years, we might be liking this place

Well, that's it from me. I didn't leave you. I've missed you all so very much. I've missed scrapping so very much and am quite thankful to see the light is within arm's reach these days!!

So what did I miss this past month?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, so many challenges with this move. Hope you are soon settled, everything gets sorted out and you can get back to scrapping.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back! Sorry to hear it wasn't as smooth as you hoped .... but I'm glad to hear you're back online!
Old 07-11-2019, 08:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good to have you back! Your Gif filled post made me LOL!!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Glad that you're back! I've missed your pages in the gallery!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry it’s been such a struggle. Moving is a lot of work without the extra hassles. It hooray for your computer and light at the end of the tunnel! Glad you’re back and hoping you get to relax and scrap soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

welcome back!! hopefully things settle down for you soon!
Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

I've finally been able to find all the boxes to put together my computer. Wouldn't you know, the movers put my monitor in one box, one of the cables in another and the other cable in another box. When I finally made the space in the room, my wifi wouldn't extend to that portion of the house. So then I spent several hours looking for our Velop Wifi Extender, which of course were in several boxes.
This is what I like to call "mover humor". Hahaha. One PCS, four of my right shoes were packed in box #90-something and the matching left shoes (except for 1, which has never been found) were in box #160-something. "Mover humor".
Old 07-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I currently live maybe 15 minutes from Columbus, GA (Fort Benning) I definitely get to hear when they're training. It's really hot and if the heat doesn't get you the humidity takes you out. You learn to do as little as possible from 12-4. So sorry the move sucked and I hope things get easier.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
This is what I like to call "mover humor". Hahaha. One PCS, four of my right shoes were packed in box #90-something and the matching left shoes (except for 1, which has never been found) were in box #160-something. "Mover humor".
Oh my. That's not funny!!!
Old 07-11-2019, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yaaaaay!!! I'm SO happy you're back. I have really missed your fabulous LOs!!
Sorry for all the troubles you've had with this move. I still think you should visit us in Idaho... no humidity and no cockroaches!!!

Old 07-11-2019, 05:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sorry about all your moving troubles! Hopefully you guys will settle in soon and everything will be back to normal

BUT I'm glad you're back!

Old 07-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry you're having a hard move. So your daughter did end up moving with you? I thought that when you first got your orders she was planning on staying in Colorado. Having her close by is a plus, right? And the weather will will get better when summer ends... Like in October. ; )
Old 07-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's been quite without you! So sorry that it stunk, but hopefully no other one will be that bad.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad to have you back! Sorry this move hasn't gone quite as well as the others! Do they have to pack for you, or can you pack things yourself? (sorry, never had anyone else move us, we've only ever moved ourselves).

Hopefully you get everything figured out, found and fixed soon and can settle in and make your new place a home!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh what a nightmare! I'm glad I packed all our stuff. I've got a bit of a compulsion disorder when it comes to where things go...
Old 07-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Glad that you're back! I've missed your pages in the gallery!
aww, thanks Sherly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
welcome back!! hopefully things settle down for you soon!
I hope so! We just got our litter robot today so this weekend I get to figure out how to work that sucker which will mean no more scooping litter 2-3 times a day!!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
That is mover humor for sure!!!
I can't believe they split your shoes up like that! Usually our packers have been great. But this move wasn't so great. A lot of our boxes have water damage done to them, which means inside there is a lot of mold or ruined items. Lots of damages being claimed with this move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ View Post
I currently live maybe 15 minutes from Columbus, GA (Fort Benning) I definitely get to hear when they're training. It's really hot and if the heat doesn't get you the humidity takes you out. You learn to do as little as possible from 12-4. So sorry the move sucked and I hope things get easier.
Aww too bad I didn't know you were down there when we were stationed there! I loved being at Benning and the surrounding area. But it's been 10 years now since I've been in this excessive heat/humidity and my body is not tolerating it at all--up here in KY, I can't imagine being in GA now, much less 10 more years when he'll probably retire from this career!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Yaaaaay!!! I'm SO happy you're back. I have really missed your fabulous LOs!!
Sorry for all the troubles you've had with this move. I still think you should visit us in Idaho... no humidity and no cockroaches!!!
Maybe I'll be able to convince J to let me visit--I've yet to visit Idaho to knock it off my states of places visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Sorry you're having a hard move. So your daughter did end up moving with you? I thought that when you first got your orders she was planning on staying in Colorado. Having her close by is a plus, right? And the weather will will get better when summer ends... Like in October. ; )
Personal issues came up with my daughter that completely flip-flopped our family and her choice of schooling. She had several full-ride scholarships to several schools with her top being Colorado State University - Fort Collins (2 hours north of the Springs). Because of the situations with life, she had set aside those scholarships, and move with us to Kentucky. Moving to KY also meant she needed to find a college close-by, within an hour or so driving distance. She decided on Austin Peay State University, just over the border in TN (its roughly 30-minutes from the house). With all the changes, she lost all of her chances of scholarships as they were already awarded and we will be taking out school loans to pay for her education. There's a lot more to it. She needs a lot of prayers for healing and strength--I'd appreciate that. Maybe one day here in a couple months or year, I'll be able to talk about it. Heaven's knows Tammy and I have talked about writing a book with everything we've gone through these past few years.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Glad to have you back! Sorry this move hasn't gone quite as well as the others! Do they have to pack for you, or can you pack things yourself? (sorry, never had anyone else move us, we've only ever moved ourselves).

Hopefully you get everything figured out, found and fixed soon and can settle in and make your new place a home!
They pack for us. Almost everything that I had packed, they dumped out and repacked because they have to make sure it's stuff that can be moved. A lot of my totes, they dumped out and then threw stuff back in the totes, or they dumped the totes in to boxes and set aside the empty totes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
oh what a nightmare! I'm glad I packed all our stuff. I've got a bit of a compulsion disorder when it comes to where things go...
If we didn't move every 1-3 years, I'd totally pack our stuff. But with moving so much, it gets old and tiresome. My husband said we will have at least two more moves to make and we can do it on our own. I reminded him that we struggled getting the Ikea shelf up the stairs, that we are getting older, and doing it ourselves really isn't much of an option if he wants to stay in the Army uninjured So sadly, these next few moves will be done by movers
Old 07-12-2019, 07:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Maybe I'll be able to convince J to let me visit--I've yet to visit Idaho to knock it off my states of places visited.
Yes!!! You know you have a place to stay!
Old 07-12-2019, 11:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's so nice to have you back online! I'm so sorry to hear about your challenges with the move! How frustrating! So sorry to hear about your daughter too. It must be really major to lose all her scholarships. Big hugs! I will keep her in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk