Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2016, 08:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default buying glasses on line?

Where do you get your glasses from? I went eye glasses shopping with my mom yesterday to all our local places and everything looks the same and expensive!!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have an America's Best near you? That's where my mom got our glasses when we were kids because she had so many of us, lol! I know they're still around here.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have an eyemart express that we go to here. The frames were literally half the price of the ones at other places and that was on the designer frames too. We just get cheapos since we both wear contacts 99% of the time but we have glasses for the rare occasion and backup in case of contact emergency ; I hate spending a fortune on them!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I bought a couple of pairs from Zenni Optical last year. They were definitely inexpensive, but I wanted some fun colors/patterns to wear sometimes. They are just fine, but they DO feel much more cheaply made than those I've bought locally in the past. I still wear my "old" glasses day to day, but I have my Zennis when I want to change it up now and then.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We bought Rian 2 pairs from Zenni and I agree with Libby. They do feel a little more cheaply made but I know she'll break her's so I don't want to spend a lot of $$. I bought some for me from Coastal and 39 Dollar Glasses and they've lasted 2+ years. My only frustration is that my glasses are constantly smudged but that's because I didn't get the protection upgrade (I can't remember what it's called).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I bought a couple of pairs from Zenni Optical last year. They were definitely inexpensive, but I wanted some fun colors/patterns to wear sometimes. They are just fine, but they DO feel much more cheaply made than those I've bought locally in the past. I still wear my "old" glasses day to day, but I have my Zennis when I want to change it up now and then.
Two of my friends just posted yesterday they got their glasses and paid next to none for them. They look amazing. My sister shops there for her daughter who gets glasses every 6 months as well as has purchased there for herself.

I looked at them for myself, but it was still $200 when all was said and done. I ended up getting my glasses (for the second time in a row) at BJs Wholesale because they do B1G1F sales around school time. My sister-in-law buys her glasses at Costco and says hers are cheaper than mine
Old 04-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I bought Nicholas his main wear every day pair from Sam's Club for about $100. I ordered him a back up pair from Zenni for $25 and yesterday I just ordered him a pair of prescription sunglasses from there for $50. I had a glasses emergency last week and ordered a pair for myself from glassesinaday.com for $89 and no joke, I ordered them at 9:45 am and had them on my face at 10:30 the next morning shipped literally across the country (MA to SoCal).
Old 04-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have AAA? Lens Crafters gives a discount to AAA members but you have to ask for it.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Addy's came from BJ's Warehouse (like Sam's club) they had a special going on so it was 2 pairs for like $85 for kids' glasses I think.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have 3 glasses wearers in our family, but none of us have tried online ordering. When we try on glasses in the store, all 3 of us have found lots of pairs that are uncomfortable or don't stay on well, and I don't know how you'd rule that out online.

I have a very strong prescription, so I have to pay for the super expensive lenses or I look like I'm wearing Coke bottles on my eyes. I stick with Lenscrafters for me because even though they're not cheap I know exactly what I'm getting and that they'll be durable. The kids have gotten at multiple places. We've used Lenscrafter, My Eyes, and Vision Works depending who has the best sales.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I started wearing progressive lenses in the fall and went to Costco. They were inexpensive but it was a case of you get what you pay for. They didn't fit them correctly and let me pick out a frame that was too small for the progressive lens. I had to top my head down so my chin was on my chest in order to see the TV. They also only had the standard progressive lens so that meant everything got blurry and out of focus glancing to the sides. I couldn't even turn my head side to side without things going out of focus and the person at Costco suggested I not turn my head and just look straight ahead. Um...ok.

I ended up returning those and going to Lenscrafters. They were more expensive but the fit the lens properly and made sure the frame I picked had enough room for the progressive. They also have an enhanced progressive lens that remains clear right out to the edges. Just something to think about if you're getting progressive lenses.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm just in the process of getting new glasses, went for an eye exam today and have a way different prescription than what I have now (it's actually closer to a prescription I did 2ish years ago but got retested where I eventually got my glasses so I'm pretty confident that I've had the wrong script for the past two years..urgh). Can't actually afford new glasses so going online this time - slightly nervous but hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 11-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default Which type of reader glasses is suitable for me ?

I would like to know which type of Reader glasses suitable for me? And any website will be available?I am looking for your recommendation on places I can check out websites where I can find suitable Reader glasses for me. I want to buy glasses of lenses for me very soon from the website.Please let me know if you have any similar experiences with buying Reader glasses.