Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife
Default Why do I feel bad?

I'm trying to be ahead on the Christmas thing this year. Last year I used Shabby Princess calendars and I loved them, so did the grandparents.

This year, I had loftier goals of making my own. I bought Emily Merritt's templates and was going to use some of the ginormous scrap stash I have for something useful.

I really want to get these done, because I am one of those people that if I have stuff to do, it totally consumes me, bothers me, makes me anxious, if I don't have it done.

I want to go and buy SPs new calendars for this year...but I feel so GUILTY about it, like I am lazy or something for not wanting to do it myself. But with skating coming up in the next week I need to get some of this stuff done before hand. Why do I feel so guilty about it? Isn't that stupid?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Totally not stupid, cuz I'm the same way.
But you know what? Holidays are flippin crazy, and if you can save yourself some time (AND SANITY) I'm all for it.

Now remind me I said this when I'm upset I didn't finish all my homemade gifts in time and have to go buy something
Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

heh heh, I feel the same way. For some of my calendar pages I just tweaked existing layouts, which helped somewhat.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Ugh, I just feel lazy. I just want everything done already. I don't know why I'm so antsy, I guess I just remember last year and being so last minute. That is SO unlike me, so I don't want to be that way again. I want to be done so I can enjoy the holidays.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Don't feel bad!! ITA with Colleen. The holidays are much better with your sanity in tact.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
Ugh, I just feel lazy. I just want everything done already. I don't know why I'm so antsy, I guess I just remember last year and being so last minute. That is SO unlike me, so I don't want to be that way again. I want to be done so I can enjoy the holidays.
sigh, me too. last year was terrible.

but what I am doing instead . . . is thinking, worrying, and fretting . . . I don't know why I just don't DO the darn pages already . . .
Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
heh heh, I feel the same way. For some of my calendar pages I just tweaked existing layouts, which helped somewhat.
I've been doing this... makes it heaps easier! I am really picky about QPs and haven't seen any yet this year that i wanted to buy. I wish Zoe would put out the 8 1/2 x 11 toppers and bottoms (I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't want plain white bottoms).

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
sigh, me too. last year was terrible.

but what I am doing instead . . . is thinking, worrying, and fretting . . . I don't know why I just don't DO the darn pages already . . .
This is what I'm doing, so that's why I need to get on the ball, so it's one less thing for me to fret about, kwim?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I actually really LOVE Natali's vertical 8.5x11's. I could do them myself and bind it somewhere I suppose. But I would have to buy them.

And, I'm not gonna give anything away, but a few designers here have some amazing things in the works in the way of calendars So I'm waiting for those I think.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

cause you do what most everyone else does: spread yourself to thin. save yourself the time and effort and don't feel bad. k...HUGS!! i do this all the time too!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

*lol* And what is so wrong with a white bottom?! I happen to like mine a lot!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
And, I'm not gonna give anything away, but a few designers here have some amazing things in the works in the way of calendars So I'm waiting for those I think.
This, this is what I was going to say. Just wait a couple weeks Jamie.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm struggling with the guilt thing, too. I've always made them myself in the past, but this year I just don't have the time or energy. I bought the SP Calendar, but I haven't made it yet--I can't shake the lingering guilt that I should be making them myself. This is the only thing I scrap that does more than sit in an album--9 people/families will be looking at each of these pages every day for a month. I feel like this is where I should be coming up with something wonderful and original, not using QPs. I know my family will enjoy them either way because it's the photos that really matter to them. But I guess I haven't quite made my peace with it yet. When push comes to shove and I have to get them done before Shutterfly's 50% off sale ends, I'm sure I'll go ahead and use the SP ones. Nothing like procrastination to help convince yourself the QPs are the way to go!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Aww it's ok to do premade stuff! I know SSD is going to have a lot of premade calendars in the coming weeks
Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Becca designed some with Penny's products and they rock! Well, the tops anyway

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 10-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls...I just think with three kids and their various comings and goings, working at home, going back to skating with its on ice and off ice work, the holidays upcoming, and some other household things I'm trying to do...it's just too much. I just need to get things ticked off of my to-do list so I don't go completely insane.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Jamie, do not feel one bit guilty about using beautiful, already finished calendar pages! You are not lazy at all. Focus on the things that are more important and still make beautiful calendars with like 3/4 less work. Maybe even 9/10 less work.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hey going through a whole year of photos and find one from each month is a major job too, I have no guilt about using premade! Free the guilt! Join the dark side, oh wait I see your potato already has! LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Wow, I'm glad you brought this thread up, Jamie! You are not the only one who feels like that. I've come to the point that my sanity is more important than being overwhelmed with making gifts so I choose to go after products that will make it easy peasy for me to create so I can enjoy the holidays and not dread them