Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-19-2020, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default ? using off-site products

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer. I know we can mix off site products with SSD products in our personal LOs but when on an SSD CT team can we:

1. Use a bit of off-site product with a SSD template? Can it still be used in that designer's marketing?

2. Use an off-site template with an SSD designer CT page and they can still use it in their marketing?

Or for any CT work here, it must be 100% SSD?

Just wondered, b/c sometimes there are a few things I'd like to use but don't want to negate that LO being used in any SSD marketing KWIM?

I've never asked so thought I should. What's the rule?

I'm mostly thinking of frames, paint, overlays.

Last edited by bcgal00; 02-19-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think that would be a question for each designer. I’m sure Robin has a policy on how things are used on the site, but designers also promote their designs on Facebook/Instagram, etc.

Personally, I shoot for 100% SSD products when I know it’s been used for promotion.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Vanessa - that makes sense and is probably the case but I just wanted to know in case I ever want to use a frame or other template or something.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Vanessa. If you are on the CT of an SSD designer, it would pay to ask them for their preference. Some may be OK with it, but others may not want customers getting confused after buying a product then not finding the paint splash or stitching inside. There's no way to list separate sources in the shoppe previews and the customer isn't likely to go searching in the gallery.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jacinda...that totally makes sense. Guess I didn't really think this through and now I realize that sticking 100% with SSD is the way to go.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When working with a CT kit, I don't use anything that isn't in the kit for my gallery LO. If I want to add something from another designer or kit, I only add it to my personal/printing copy of the layout. But that said, I don't hesitate to use a non-SSD template with a CT kit that will be promoted here. I'm sure that any designer who felt strongly about that would make sure their team knew.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I definitely agree that most SSD customers expect everything (except templates) shown in page samples to be available with the product it's representing. I've observed designers try to ensure their product samples are minimally altered (no massive recolors or mix of other products - regardless of store). HTH!

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 02-20-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I never add things when I'm working with a CT kit. I wouldn't want someone to buy the kit, and then wonder where that one specific piece was. I look at it like this: I'm "advertising" the kit for the designer with my LO, so it should be a true representation.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is just personal preference, but I have no issues using templates from outside ssd in my layouts (CT or not), but I don't like to use kit/pieces if that makes sense (and I do this anywhere I am so if I'm outside ssd I may use a template from here but not a kit if I can help it), I always give credit to designers no matter where I am as long as I didn't forget what I used (which happens on rare occasion, but I always have a note to go update once I do figure it out).
Old 02-26-2020, 03:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I was on a store CT, we were only allowed to work with what was in the kit or bundle, even if the products not in the kit were available in the store; templates were the exception, but it was preferred that we used one that was coming out at the same time as the kit. Recoloring was not allowed. I really liked those rules, because as a customer, it is very frustrating to see a layout and then wonder if all that I see is in the kit.

When I was on designer CTs, pretty much the same rules applied, but if the designer made templates, we were not allowed to use templates from other designers.