Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Placenta Previa?

I was just wondering if anyone here had any experiences with placenta previa? We're only 13 weeks, but I had bleeding this week and an ultrasound showed the placenta completely covering the cervix. The doc said it was very likely that as the uterus grew, that the placenta would move up. If you've had this, did yours move up?

Thanks so much!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had it with my first pregnancy but mine moved up and out of the way as my pregnancy progressed and I didn't have any problems delivering.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't have it but one of my girlfriends did and her OB put her on bedrest for a couple weeks and it did move up and they kept an eye on it to make sure it stayed up. I don't know if the bedrest was actually necessary or not but I think it helped to put her at ease because there was less bleeding.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had that with both my pregnancies and it moved up everytime. I think since ca. week 20 it slowly went up. I was stressed about it for the first time, but for the second time I hardly remembered about it.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So by 20 weeks it usually moves up?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine started moving around this time. Maybe because that's when the uterus starts growing more? My dr. measured it on every appointment and it was always 0,8 - 1 cm higher every time since that 20 wks.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had complete placenta previa with DS2. Most move up, unfortunately, mine did not. As your uterus grows, the stretching kind of makes it 'migrate'--not sure of how else to say it,, Insist that your Dr keep an eye on it--with additional ultrasounds. Report ANY bleeding throughout your pregnancy right away.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dreamer View Post
I had complete placenta previa with DS2. Most move up, unfortunately, mine did not. As your uterus grows, the stretching kind of makes it 'migrate'--not sure of how else to say it,, Insist that your Dr keep an eye on it--with additional ultrasounds. Report ANY bleeding throughout your pregnancy right away.
So did you have problems with hemorrhaging later in pregnancy? You probably had to have a C-Section, right? The doc is definitely following me closely- two appts this week so far, and then I go back on Monday. We've had three miscarriages year, so I was more than a little freaked out when I started bleeding this week.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations on your pregnancy Allie!! So happy for you!! (((hugs)))

I had placenta previa with Libby...it did move up by my 20 week appointment.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had it at my 12 week ultrasound with Allie and it moved by my 20 week ultrasound. ((hugs)) and I hope it moves so you can stop worrying!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had it with DS and it also moved up by the 20th week. I was spotting most of the time during my first trimester so I was put on meds and was advised bed rest.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Allie I just had this with my last pregnancy, they found it at 20 weeks and my doctor also told me that it would likely move up and if it didn't I'd have to have a c-section. I worried the whole time and my OB kept pushing my "check up ultrasound" further back. I also had a double whammy of a breech baby and that was going to complicate things if I need a c-section but finally at 38 weeks I had an ultrasound to check the placenta and it had indeed moved clear to the top of my uterus!!!

Good luck...I'll keep you and your sweet babe in my thoughts!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I haven't had this, but I am sending you lots of positive thoughts! I know a couple of my friends have had it, and it did move up for them.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

My friend had it, our daughters are less than 24 hrs apart. Hers eventually moved and she had no complications.

facebook
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

First huge congrats Allie! I am so excited for you! I had a full placenta previa with Sophie and it never moved- but I am the exception to the rule. I really was fine until about 30 weeks and then I started to have spotting. They put me on bed rest for 4 wks and delivered her via c-section at 36 wks to prevent any further complications like hemoraging etc. They did ultrasounds every 4 wks to check the position of the placenta, so I got to see alot of my baby LOL. Bedrest was not so fun but we were really blessed that everything worked out as smoothly as it did. I will be crossing my fingers and praying for you that everything goes smoothly!

~ Dani
Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I had complete placenta previa but mine never moved up. I was about 4 months when I spotted and that is when they found out I had placenta previa. Besides that spotting, I never really had any more complications. I worked full time as a teacher right up until my scheduled c-section! She's a beautiful 15 year old now!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieP View Post
So did you have problems with hemorrhaging later in pregnancy? You probably had to have a C-Section, right? The doc is definitely following me closely- two appts this week so far, and then I go back on Monday. We've had three miscarriages year, so I was more than a little freaked out when I started bleeding this week.
I sorry to not be online yesterday! I know how scary the news is!!

Yes, I had a c-section, but for me, I had one with DS1 and I planned on a c-section for DS2. They also could tell from the ultrasound that I had a very large placenta. I spotted a lot throughout the first trimester(not a lot of blood at any one time, but often).

All was smooth sailing until about week 26 or so. (I was over doing it though, so when the Dr. says, bedrest, stay in bed! I was working full time and traveling cross-country like a crazy person--totally dumb of me). Then, had some spotting and then some more.

DS2 was a little over 6 weeks early, totally healthy and only stayed in the NICU for a little over a week. He is 7 now and fine.

PM me if you need anything. Congratulations and big hugs. I totally know how scary this is!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks guys for the info- it definitely makes me feel better! I'm sure it will move up in the next couple months!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

HUGS! I had a partial with all 3 pregnancies, along with minor bleeding. They all moved up by the 20 week u/s.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I never had this but my neighbor/friend did she had to have an u/s at almost every monthly exam and no sex and of course report any bleeding...Her's unfortunetly didn't move and they had to do a c-section. I hope yours will move! GL and Congrats on the pregnancy!!!