Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-21-2021, 09:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Cheer me up!

Soooo, I just found out that my friend has covid. We always spend Christmas eve and day together, and last year we had to miss because of the pandemic. And so we were really excited to get together this year, because everyone was healthy and had been careful. She tested positive this morning, a breakthrough case. SIGH. So now we don't have any plans for Christmas, and we need to figure out which way to pivot. We have decided to move some of the plans to New Year's weekend instead, but man! This is pretty disappointing and sad!

So tell me something good! Tell me you love me, lol.

I'm sure I'm not the only one this year who could use some comfort and joy.

SO I'll start: the sun is shining here on the shortest day of the year! In NE Ohio, we learn to appreciate every ray of light, because we have clouds, y'all. Like, they're a physical feature of the region, I'm not even kidding. So sun today feels like a blessing from heaven!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sun is here out too, TWO DAYS IN A ROW! I don't even know if this should be considered Winter if the sun is out two days in a row. LOL!!!

Hubby asked for chicken salad for his sandwiches this week (for lunch) and I didn't feel like going to Costco to get a rotisserie chicken.... well, I found 2 cans of chicken (like tuna cans, but chicken) from Costco made the salad and it tastes so good!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have sun here in W MI too. We have similar cloudy weather most of winter here due to the lake so it's a welcome sight.
We're excited about the movies coming out now - Matrix, Spiderman and Kings Man. We love the movies and it's been a long time since we had so many we were excited to see!
Old 12-21-2021, 11:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sun here in Michigan today. Working from home which means, hardly working. ROFL

Old 12-21-2021, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aaah, the exact same thing happened to us! My SIL phoned yesterday to cancel hosting because my BIL has a break through case. I invited my FIL over here, but he doesn't want to come because he sat next to my BIL in church Sunday. So, it's just us four again this year. Lonely but relaxing.

Good news is I've been a holiday machine getting stuff done (baking, wrapping, etc.). Today is shopping day. One store down. . .two to go! Woot! And you are right, the sun is shining in NE Ohio which I consider a blessing this time of year. Oh, and they canceled school today from all the teacher illnesses and call offs which is terrible, but I guess not if you are a kid. They love any day off from school.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Dang! Sorry for your friend & your plans! It's snowy here for the rest of the week which I love! We will for sure have a white Christmas!
Old 12-21-2021, 11:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
Sun is here out too, TWO DAYS IN A ROW! I don't even know if this should be considered Winter if the sun is out two days in a row. LOL!!!

Hubby asked for chicken salad for his sandwiches this week (for lunch) and I didn't feel like going to Costco to get a rotisserie chicken.... well, I found 2 cans of chicken (like tuna cans, but chicken) from Costco made the salad and it tastes so good!
I have used that canned chicken before--it's pretty good! You're right about two days in a row, lol. Giving it the side-eye for sure!

Old 12-21-2021, 11:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
We have sun here in W MI too. We have similar cloudy weather most of winter here due to the lake so it's a welcome sight.
We're excited about the movies coming out now - Matrix, Spiderman and Kings Man. We love the movies and it's been a long time since we had so many we were excited to see!
I know! Sing 2 comes out this weekend and I'm so excited!

Old 12-21-2021, 11:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Sun here in Michigan today. Working from home which means, hardly working. ROFL
It seems like a lot to ask people to work the week of Christmas, lol! Glad you have the sun too!

Old 12-21-2021, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Aaah, the exact same thing happened to us! My SIL phoned yesterday to cancel hosting because my BIL has a break through case. I invited my FIL over here, but he doesn't want to come because he sat next to my BIL in church Sunday. So, it's just us four again this year. Lonely but relaxing.

Good news is I've been a holiday machine getting stuff done (baking, wrapping, etc.). Today is shopping day. One store down. . .two to go! Woot! And you are right, the sun is shining in NE Ohio which I consider a blessing this time of year. Oh, and they canceled school today from all the teacher illnesses and call offs which is terrible, but I guess not if you are a kid. They love any day off from school.
I am SO TIRED OF COVID. I'm sorry your plans fell through too, such a bummer. You're right about relaxing, though. Good for you getting it all done! I have a few more errands and things to do, but since plans have been, um, simplified, there is actually less pressure to get anything accomplished.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Dang! Sorry for your friend & your plans! It's snowy here for the rest of the week which I love! We will for sure have a white Christmas!
Thanks, Amie! We had a lovely, crazy snowy Christmas last year and went sledding on Christmas day! This year it looks like cold rain, so that matches the mood at least, lol. Enjoy your pretty snow and take lots of photos for those of us doomed to a green (but not warm!) Christmas!

Old 12-21-2021, 12:11 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

That really stinks about your friend being sick, but thankful that you have already made plans for the new year weekend. Pray that everyone stays healthy so you can celebrate then!

As far as a white Christmas - that's not happening here - nor is the cold. The high is supposed to be 76. I'm really bummed about that. It's supposed to be at least a little chilly. On the bright side, we're planning to grill and the weather will be great for that. I guess I can always bump the AC down.

So far all the plans are staying the same here...as our children have grown our family Christmas has gotten larger. This Christmas we'll have about 12 people here. We used to celebrate with our friends but their family is pretty large too and it's just not feasible. We are planning a New Year's Celebration, so I'm looking forward to that.

Old 12-21-2021, 12:15 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I just checked the forecast again - color me corrected - the high for Christmas is now 80. I'm stomping my feet. I keep checking hoping it will get colder, not hotter!

Old 12-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's cloudy here, but a warm -10C today. Which sure beats the -28C we will be getting around Christmas!
Old 12-21-2021, 12:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post

So tell me something good! Tell me you love me, lol.
I love you Ally! Sorry about your holiday plans falling through.
Old 12-21-2021, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I know! Sing 2 comes out this weekend and I'm so excited!
Oh I want to see Sing 2!!!!

Old 12-21-2021, 02:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

The sun is shining here 2 days in a row, but it freezing cold. But still very nice with the sun...

We spent Christmas with just the 5 of us as well because we are in lockdown and with too much people above the 13th to spend with other family at least of we all come together. So we decided to stay home and make it cozy ourselves with lots of board games, scrabble and video games. Several new ones under the tree as well...

Maybe a tip for you and your family maybe do some gourmet/grill and lots of games to get through the day
Old 12-21-2021, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
KINGS MAN!!!!!!!! wooowoooooo

Old 12-21-2021, 04:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm tired with Covid as well and I'm sorry about the lockdown in Netherlands, Wendy, that's really a shame with Christmas coming, I'm sure a lot of families plan to get together this weekend

Sorry about your friend, Ally, that really sucks I hope she doesn't get too sick.
I'm not good at changing plans at last minute, it will drive me bonkers

Things are a bit different here in Australia though, the government are easing the restrictions (and make some people worry ) even though the new cases are high, my state health official said in press conference yesterday that they're not focusing on the numbers anymore but on saving lives, I think only a handful people in hospital and none in ICU, which is great. Hopefully it stays that way, that noone really gets too sick to be in hospital, so families can gather this holiday season and probably we can go back to 'normal' next year.

Old 12-21-2021, 05:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love you Ally and so sorry your plans had to change because of covid. We're seeing record numbers of the Omicron variant here and big restrictions are again in place with the main city of Montreal declaring a state of emergency. Schools, theatres, sports venues all shut down and limited numbers for gettogethers. I'm just praying no one gets sick for our family Christmas on the 28th. You'll all be having to send me love and a box of tissues if I have to cancel. It's been 2 years since we celebrated Christmas together and I'll be crying buckets if I can't see my kids and grandkids.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:12 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Oh Ally, first so many (((hugs))) and loves too, going out to you and your cutie chickens!

I'll send up prayers and positive thoughts that some adventure or silver lining shows up to at least mitigate your feelings of disappointment during the holidays. --- In my much younger days, we had the whole family driving in as we were hosting our first Christmas at our first home we hade just bought. A couple of days prior, a big snow storm blanketed the state (OK) and no one was going to be traveling anywhere. So, we called around to find out a family having a particularly tough year and took all the food (with attached recipes) to their home - then we went off jeeping and horseback riding in all the white goodness. It is a great memory for me when it began as a lot of disappointment. (It didn't hurt that we kept all the alcohol for ourselves. )

Some random silly thoughts that have nothing to do with anything...

-Do you ever wish that Pinterest had a "diet" button? You know, like you could click on the diet option and suddenly NONE of the delish food and recipes would show up in your feed, nor any of your own boards.

-How come the incessant nagging, worrying voice in my head never seems to sleep or run out of breath?

-When I get to heaven, I want my job to be making the soundtracks for people's lives. What job would you want?

Merry making the best of it time! Sending you more (((hugs))) and wishes for a superfantabulously blessed & creative week!

Last edited by justpattyanne; 12-21-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

so much love to you dear Ally, so sorry your holiday plans are upended. but glad you have reset for New Years.

hopefully you will still be able to have a great Christmas with the family.

big hugs xx
Old 12-21-2021, 10:01 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Sorry about your friend and missing Christmas with her. We've been in self imposed lockdown so that the same thing doesn't happen to us - with a broken arm I can't cook or do much, and mum is getting too old and frail, so we are going to my brothers house this year for Christmas.

We've all bought matching pyjamas, and we're having a sleepover there on xmas eve - my SIL loves to see Ethan open his gifts, so sleeping there will make things easier. Ethan is so excited for a sleepover.

I find out tomorrow if my cast comes off, so that is sort of good news - after 8 weeks i'm over it lol.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I just checked the forecast again - color me corrected - the high for Christmas is now 80. I'm stomping my feet. I keep checking hoping it will get colder, not hotter!
Ok, you win, I will not complain about 51 and rain, lol. I hope they're wrong about your forecast!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I love you Ally! Sorry about your holiday plans falling through.
I love you too, Lorie! Thanks!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
The sun is shining here 2 days in a row, but it freezing cold. But still very nice with the sun...

We spent Christmas with just the 5 of us as well because we are in lockdown and with too much people above the 13th to spend with other family at least of we all come together. So we decided to stay home and make it cozy ourselves with lots of board games, scrabble and video games. Several new ones under the tree as well...

Maybe a tip for you and your family maybe do some gourmet/grill and lots of games to get through the day
Your Christmas plans sound very cozy and fun, Wendy! We are definitely planning some fun foods for our day as well. I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your sweet family.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
I'm tired with Covid as well and I'm sorry about the lockdown in Netherlands, Wendy, that's really a shame with Christmas coming, I'm sure a lot of families plan to get together this weekend

Sorry about your friend, Ally, that really sucks I hope she doesn't get too sick.
I'm not good at changing plans at last minute, it will drive me bonkers

Things are a bit different here in Australia though, the government are easing the restrictions (and make some people worry ) even though the new cases are high, my state health official said in press conference yesterday that they're not focusing on the numbers anymore but on saving lives, I think only a handful people in hospital and none in ICU, which is great. Hopefully it stays that way, that noone really gets too sick to be in hospital, so families can gather this holiday season and probably we can go back to 'normal' next year.
Fingers crossed that things go well for you all in Australia, Eve! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a good time with your family.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
I love you Ally and so sorry your plans had to change because of covid. We're seeing record numbers of the Omicron variant here and big restrictions are again in place with the main city of Montreal declaring a state of emergency. Schools, theatres, sports venues all shut down and limited numbers for gettogethers. I'm just praying no one gets sick for our family Christmas on the 28th. You'll all be having to send me love and a box of tissues if I have to cancel. It's been 2 years since we celebrated Christmas together and I'll be crying buckets if I can't see my kids and grandkids.
Thanks for the love, Lidia! Right back at you! I really hope you are able to be with your family on the 28th! I hate the anxiety of waiting through the days and hoping everything is ok. Hugs to you!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpattyanne View Post
Oh Ally, first so many (((hugs))) and loves too, going out to you and your cutie chickens!

I'll send up prayers and positive thoughts that some adventure or silver lining shows up to at least mitigate your feelings of disappointment during the holidays. --- In my much younger days, we had the whole family driving in as we were hosting our first Christmas at our first home we hade just bought. A couple of days prior, a big snow storm blanketed the state (OK) and no one was going to be traveling anywhere. So, we called around to find out a family having a particularly tough year and took all the food (with attached recipes) to their home - then we went off jeeping and horseback riding in all the white goodness. It is a great memory for me when it began as a lot of disappointment. (It didn't hurt that we kept all the alcohol for ourselves. )

Some random silly thoughts that have nothing to do with anything...

-Do you ever wish that Pinterest had a "diet" button? You know, like you could click on the diet option and suddenly NONE of the delish food and recipes would show up in your feed, nor any of your own boards.

-How come the incessant nagging, worrying voice in my head never seems to sleep or run out of breath?

-When I get to heaven, I want my job to be making the soundtracks for people's lives. What job would you want?

Merry making the best of it time! Sending you more (((hugs))) and wishes for a superfantabulously blessed & creative week!
PattyAnne, you crack me up! We are trying to join forces with some other friends whose plans have also been upended by covid, so barring anyone else getting sick (dare I hold my breath??), we will still have something fun to do on Christmas Eve.

When I get to heaven, I want to pet all the cats, big and small.

And thanks for the chicken love, too. They enjoyed the sunshine today with an extra long recess!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
so much love to you dear Ally, so sorry your holiday plans are upended. but glad you have reset for New Years.

hopefully you will still be able to have a great Christmas with the family.

big hugs xx
Thanks Jo! I'm sure it will all work out; just hoping nobody gets seriously ill and that things improve quickly with the dire state of covid in our state.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Sorry about your friend and missing Christmas with her. We've been in self imposed lockdown so that the same thing doesn't happen to us - with a broken arm I can't cook or do much, and mum is getting too old and frail, so we are going to my brothers house this year for Christmas.

We've all bought matching pyjamas, and we're having a sleepover there on xmas eve - my SIL loves to see Ethan open his gifts, so sleeping there will make things easier. Ethan is so excited for a sleepover.

I find out tomorrow if my cast comes off, so that is sort of good news - after 8 weeks i'm over it lol.
Ooh, I hope you get good news tomorrow about the cast! The christmas eve sleepover sounds like a blast--especially with matching pajamas. You are so fancy, lol! Merry Christmas to you!

Old 12-21-2021, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So sorry to hear about your friend, hopefully, she recovers quickly.

Not feeling very smiley right now, I just want to sleep through the night! The good news is at least we are off on holiday break so I can nap if needed.

Looks like we will be wearing spring coats or hoodies on Christmas, it will be 45°. No snow in sight, just rain.

There will be 8 of us on Christmas Eve (my whole family, we're small) and 4 of us for Christmas Day.

I'm looking forward to the World Junior Hockey Tournament which starts on Boxing Day. When Canada is playing I will be glued to the TV, lol. The world could end around me and I won't care.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awww so sorry about your friend. I hope she feels better fast and you still have a good Christmas.

We are sorta in the same boat.... my hubby just tested positive yesterday.... we usually host Christmas Eve, so thats canceled. I had to close my day care for the rest of this week.... (I pray we didn't give it to any of those families) We can't go to family and two of my girls may not be with us.... ugh. My parents and niece n nephew are coming in from South Dakota and now we can't see them..... (That's a little blessing in disguise since visits with my mother make my blood pressure go up..... ) We were supposed to go on vacation the day after Christmas. So I have no good news cause I'm over here feeling miserable, cleaning constantly and making food.... and praying the 3 of us still at home don't get it.

Ummmm good news.... we have a warm home and plenty of food and hopefully his case stays mild. And I am enjoying the decorations and my tree......

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 12-22-2021, 12:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
It's cloudy here, but a warm -10C today. Which sure beats the -28C we will be getting around Christmas!

Yes, this. And tomorrow is supposed to be 'warm' too at -8!!

Old 12-22-2021, 08:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Yes, this. And tomorrow is supposed to be 'warm' too at -8!!
I live in the sunbelt, -3C with a feels like -10C
Old 12-23-2021, 10:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
So sorry to hear about your friend, hopefully, she recovers quickly.

Not feeling very smiley right now, I just want to sleep through the night! The good news is at least we are off on holiday break so I can nap if needed.

Looks like we will be wearing spring coats or hoodies on Christmas, it will be 45°. No snow in sight, just rain.

There will be 8 of us on Christmas Eve (my whole family, we're small) and 4 of us for Christmas Day.

I'm looking forward to the World Junior Hockey Tournament which starts on Boxing Day. When Canada is playing I will be glued to the TV, lol. The world could end around me and I won't care.
Jaye, I hope you get lots of naps and snow! And enjoy your hockey!

Old 12-23-2021, 10:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Awww so sorry about your friend. I hope she feels better fast and you still have a good Christmas.

We are sorta in the same boat.... my hubby just tested positive yesterday.... we usually host Christmas Eve, so thats canceled. I had to close my day care for the rest of this week.... (I pray we didn't give it to any of those families) We can't go to family and two of my girls may not be with us.... ugh. My parents and niece n nephew are coming in from South Dakota and now we can't see them..... (That's a little blessing in disguise since visits with my mother make my blood pressure go up..... ) We were supposed to go on vacation the day after Christmas. So I have no good news cause I'm over here feeling miserable, cleaning constantly and making food.... and praying the 3 of us still at home don't get it.

Ummmm good news.... we have a warm home and plenty of food and hopefully his case stays mild. And I am enjoying the decorations and my tree......
Ugh, Stacy, I hope the rest of you stay healthy! I'm so sorry that your fun plans have been changed--I hope you still have a lovely Christmas in spite of all that. The twinkle from my tree has been really helping me stay twinkly in my heart this season!

Old 12-23-2021, 10:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you dear friends for cheering me up (or at least joining me in my sorrows, lol.) It helps to know we are not alone and that we can share our joys and burdens. I love you all, and I wish you the merriest Christmas, happiest of New Years (lets GO 2022!), and best wishes for your health and happiness! (Now I sound like Mr. Darcy!)

Old 12-23-2021, 07:51 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ooh, I hope you get good news tomorrow about the cast! The christmas eve sleepover sounds like a blast--especially with matching pajamas. You are so fancy, lol! Merry Christmas to you!
The cast came off - YAY