Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Stud by corner of eye

Okay, so tonight we went out to dinner with DD #1 and there was this girl that had a stud like at the outer corner of her eye. It was super cute and sexy and I want one now. DD said that they are like "surgically" implanted and have to be removed that way too.

Anyone have one and/or know more about it?

I would love one but the idea of having to go get it removed later in life sounds like a PITA. Like I just want to take it out one day when I am 60 or whatever and not have to schedule an appointment.....

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

BTW....you may remember about DD saying I am too old for a pink streak in my hair but apparently not for this piercing. Weird kid.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

im not a huge fan of facial piercings but i actually think that sounds really cute. But surgically implanted? eek! I think i'd go with a stick on! lol
Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yea, see I am not a big advocate for facial piercings either (hiding the one in my nose) lol But, there are ones I like that I think look almost classy on a woman and then ones that I think just look tacky. This was just a small diamond stud and she was a Mom of 2 little boys out for dinner as a family, had her nose pierced too. and had short red hair with diamond studded headband. She just looked super cute but still like a mom. I need to find a pic of it to post.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

try looking on BMEzine to see if you can find it on there.

One I think is so pretty and everyone thinks I am so weird for liking is a corset piercing. It is not a permanent piercing but I think it looks really pretty when done right.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They're cute, but she's right. Plus, they reject easily, and in some cases they cause infection, and even blindness.

I wanted corset piercings, but they also reject easily.

I AM thinking about a small diamond on one of my teeth, though. My sister got it and it was adorable.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post

One I think is so pretty and everyone thinks I am so weird for liking is a corset piercing. It is not a permanent piercing but I think it looks really pretty when done right.
OMG! I didn't notice your post when I posted mine.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

whats a corset piercing? i am uneducated in the world of body art lol.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

A corset piercing is usually done on the back where the piercer places multiple rings in straaight rows down either side of the back (although Ive also seen it done in on other parts of the body like arms or legs) and then takes a ribbon and strings the ribbon through the rings to resemble a corset. It looks beautiful when done right but like previously posted it rejects easily and is usually done at a piercing party and meant to be removed after the piercing is done. From what I havee read anyhow. If you look up corset piercing images/pictures you can see what I mean. Alot of people I know think it is weird but I think it is really pretty

Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I like eyebrow piercing, not a big one, but I love them. DH is not into body piercings so I don't think he'd go for it LOL. I have wanted one for at least 5 years. I might just go and do it, it's not like it'd be spur of the moment if I did it LOL
Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had one above my eyebrow and loved it. I had my eyebrow done twice and it grew out. But the one above didn't. I accidently ripped it some and had to take it out to heal, I intend to get it redone.

Surface peircings heal a lot slow and are more likely rejected. I urge you not to let that stop you. Now for the surgical ones, for some people they are worse than others, but that is like all pericings. I think you have to choice if you want it bad enough and then go to a person that would do it and talk with them. See if they think you would be good to have one. I have had over 32 piercings in my 25 years so far. I intend to get more of course. I want a ladder up the back of my neck from smaller to larger 3 total kinda like this-

Corset piercings is something I adore but I have my back tattoo'd and don't wanna mess that up
Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:

I just googled this ( because I had no idea what it was either) and I about puked!!! Not only does that look painful, it looks uncomfortable and I can just imagine something getting caught on it *shudder*

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
Corset piercings is something I adore but I have my back tattoo'd and don't wanna mess that up
You can get it done down your sides. I saw one that was really pretty done down the girl's sides... it was quite lovely!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow... interesting thread... I'm not into piercings (I have this problem with doing anything that could cause pain or become infected. ... I don't even have my ear's pierced.) So, I didn't know anything about this...
Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Brittney are those on your neck permanent? They are really pretty but not something I could do cause my hair is so long/thick.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gag on the corset piercings!!! OMG, that's so scary, if it got stuck on something!!!

I've had my eyebrow pierced (twice, because it grew out once and I got it done again, then it grew out again- now I have a bad scar and my eyebrow doesn't grow all the way out on one side! lol!)
I also had my tongue pierced but took it out when my son was born.

Even though I've had those, and about a zillion holes in my ears, I still don't get the corset piercings!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 05-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Brittney are those on your neck permanent? They are really pretty but not something I could do cause my hair is so long/thick.
yep they are. If I'm gonna deal with the pain I don't want temporary They have these neat little square barbels that you can get.

Corsets on the side would be neat.... the back tat wraps around both sides :/ Also I wouldn't wanna take them out. I think they are way neat but don't have a lot of room left
Old 05-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have never had anything but my ears and tongue pierced. Hubby vetoed anything else I wanted to have done. I did want a few other piercings. Out of all of the piercings the hole farthest up on my ear lobe hurt the most(scale 1-10 it was maybe like a 2 or 3 just a big sting then a little tender for a week or two). It was pretty close to the cartilage I guess. All but the first piercing I ever got in my ears have closed but for good reason. I do not react well to metal. Even metals most people have no issues with. When my tongue was pierced it was constantly irritated. I loved having my tongue pierced and wanted to do my nose too but after the problems with both my ears and tongue I figured it would not be a great idea.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only have one piercing in each ear (I had them stretched for a bit, though, not super large, I think I went up to a 6g), but I did a lot of research into piercings for friends (I'm the researcher.... they tell me what they want done, and I look up how much of a PITA it's going to be to get it done, to take care of it, I've even gone into local parlours with them for consults... LOL) so I've read basically a ton about corset piercings.

Now a friend of mine wanted something done, but we never did research it, it may be a corset option if you're out of back/side room. She wanted it done on her forearms (on the inside, above the wrist). I'm not certain it's even an option, but I've seen many many many surface piercings on the forearms, so I would THINK it would be possible. Not sure how it would work (and it'd need to be a thinner ribbon to get the same looks).

As for it getting caught on clothing, it's done with certain rings that *shouldn't* catch on anything, but quite honestly, they're done temporarily, generally during piercing parties, and are often more for... play... than for keeping it for any length of time. So it's not really, well, a big issue with the clothing for most people who get them. For some, though, it's just a choice of certain fabrics, doing more "backless" clothing options (after all, if you have it, why not show it off?) I know of one person who was able to care for hers, and had low rates of piercing rejection, so she actually was able to keep her corset piercing for 3 years. Probably could have kept it longer, but she willingly removed it after getting bored with it.

Also with corset piercings, when they're covered by clothing, it's important keep them un-laced (so, without the ribbon). The rings can be replaced with studs/bars after healing during days of clothing, and then rings put in and laced for more... play... situations. That helps them last longer and have last chance of rejection.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, I think we got off track of the eye stuff, so I'm gonna go with it. You can hunt me down Neenee.
I have tat's on both arms. I don't know, I just would be afraid I would love it too much and wanna make it permeant ya know. My legs are tat free till I get back to the states, so I guess I would have that area but it just looks really strange there to me. To me I think it looks odd anywhere but back and sides.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This whole thread is painful to read - OUCH!!!!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ha ha! no worries about getting off track. It all makes for interesting discussion. I am always intrigued by those that come out of the "closet" that you would never guess have tats and piercings...

Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow - I guess this shows how small town I am. I have never heard of most of these and definetely never seen them. Guess I need to get out more often!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmos75 View Post
Wow - I guess this shows how small town I am. I have never heard of most of these and definetely never seen them. Guess I need to get out more often!
LOL... you and me both! But then we just found out that night that we live like 20 min away from each other... LOL!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This whole thread is painful to read - OUCH!!!!
I was thinking the same thing! I have just your regular ol' pierced ears and that was plenty for me!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

You girls are crazy! This thread is making me hurt all over!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I looked up corset piercings, and I wanted to throw up. Actually, I'm afraid most piercings make me feel that way!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

"Piercing parties?" Never heard of them. I lead a very sheltered life. Why would someone go through that much pain temporarily?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Oh my word. I'm going to pass out looking at these pictures. OUCH!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheltzey View Post
"Piercing parties?" Never heard of them. I lead a very sheltered life. Why would someone go through that much pain temporarily?
There are many groups of people who find piercings pleasurable, or at least a social activity... so that's why they'd do it... also, they can be addicting!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

for some reason, none that i've ever had (aside from ears) have worked out for me. my body always rejects them. or.... i've had to take them out for surgeries and just didn't get around to putting them back in. i'd have to see a pic of the one you're talking about, jeanye- but i think i'll just stick to tattoos

i would like to stretch my lobes a bit, but keep putting it off

Old 05-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love tattoos, but I don't really get piercings. Maybe I am weird. lol I do like the more simple ones, tongue, eyebrow, belly button (nose always look like pimples to me), but I have no desire to have one. We all have our own things, huh?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

This whole thread makes me shudder,lol. I don't even have pierced ears, because the mere thought of a hole being punched in my body has never floated my boat. I am not into pain,lol.
One sure learns a lot in discussions like these here. Different strokes for different folks
Now, for that eye stud. I've glaucoma. The mere thought of anything that near to the eye and the risks you'd take, with even the merest chance of blindness, gives me pause to wonder why, knowing that, anyone would go thru it.
You're all adults and choose your own things, but honestly, I just really urge caution with this one.