Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which E Reader?
Kindle 34 65.38%
Nook 15 28.85%
Other 3 5.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a Kindle, but I'm sure I would have been happy with a Nook too. There is actually free software out there to convert the formats (for documents/books that do not have DRMs).
Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

All of this talk makes me realize I need one of these-I had been using my Droid X with the kindle app BUT...now I'm off to order...I think I'll go with a Kindle.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I bought a Kindle today! Ha! Enablers...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am in love with my Nook color, especially with the Lend Me feature, I have borrowed a whole series from Eva already!

And really, the biggest thing seems to be the battery life. But tell me. Do you plug your cell phone in every night? Can't you plug in your eeader too? I can go a couple days without charging, but I plug it in every night out of habit. I will say it is a bit heavier than the Kindle. My BFF has a Kindle and adores it, there are things about hers I like and things about mine. Truthfully, I would advise playing with one of each if you know someone who has them. Otherwise, you just won't know. The Kindle is better for my BFF as it is more indestructible and she has a 4 yo who likes to get his hands on it. Anyway, Barnes and Noble has almost as many titles as Amazon, the prices are nearly identical, so I can't see it being an easy decision. I also like that my Nook is back lit. You have to have an independent light to read on the Kindle. Sorry if this is repetitive, I didn't read everyone's responses first, lol.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramarie View Post
Ok, I thought I wanted the Nook Color but I realized that your eyes will not fare well staring at a computer like screen for hours on end if you read like I do. So I got the kindle and I love it. No glare, its like reading a book. I have already read 4 on it and I am going to start another. Seriously, the Kindle is the best. Oh and if you already have books you can just email them to yourself for free using the free kindle address. I have like thousands of books and all I do is send them to myself!
I have my screen turned almost all the way down on my Nook color. Little to no glare. This is why people need to play with them first, a lot of people make that assumption about the Nook and it really isn't the case for me at all.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
The downfall of the nook color *I THINK* since it's lcd and backlight you can't read in the sun and stuff
you can read in the sun. There are different settings for the backlight, depending on how bright you want it. Generally, the brighter the light of the room you are in, or the light outside, the brighter your backlight has to be. I read with just a lamp, and my screen is very dim so it does not strain my eyes at all. You can also change the colors behind the type on the nook color to help with the eye strain.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I was thinking about this more today. Not that it matters since we already have the Kindle. LOL. But I would like to be able to buy children's books in color for them to read when we go places (dr's office, etc.) We're actually considering getting a 2nd reader because both of us use the Kindle so much, so I might consider getting a Nook for that feature.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea (HappyScrapMom) View Post
I do really wish Kindle would figure out how to let us loan books to other Kindle users, I hear the Nook does that...
You are able to loan books to other Kindle users. The books that are loanable are set by the publisher so not all can be loaned. I believe this is true with the Nook too.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
I bought a Kindle today! Ha! Enablers...
You are going to love it!!!