Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Homeschooler's chatter - week of 04/13

I didn't start one last week because we were on spring break and I wanted to avoid all thought of school entirely, lol! Really needed a break. Eden and dh spent several days at his mom's house out of town, so it was just me and the boys.

It. Was. Wonderful.

When dh planned his trip I was worried about what to do with the boys for 5 days alone, but we ended up being more like roommates than mother-and-sons. Meaning we all did our own thing and did a couple of fun things together. One spent pretty much the entire time in his room working on a project and the other one came and went with friends and I could tell he was really lovin' it. He'd come home and hug me and tell me what he was up to and then take off again. Random guys would end up coming home with him. I only cooked one meal and didn't even do the week's grocery shopping.

Also, with the house so quiet and with no responsibilities I was able to read like crazy. One day I read for 4 hours. I plowed through 3 books. I also took 2 and 3 mile walks whenever I wanted.

Are you jealous yet? HA!

Eden and dh come back late this evening so it's back to reality tomorrow

Last edited by Valgal; 04-13-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Where ARE you guys???
Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry! I'm here. Just kind of in a weird place so haven't been online much. I love this time of year school wise but it's hard to stay motivated. We have finished a few things so I'm in planning for next year mode already. It's overwhelming every time!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I had the week off and John and Eden went out of town for 5 days. I thought I would spend that week doing some planning and looking at books for next year, but... nope. I decided it was better to have a total break. I'm letting her have a break today just to kinda decompress because they didn't get back till about 6:30 last night.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today was the last day of Classical Conversations - yay!! I love the community/curriculum, but I'm burnt out! And I can stop hearing J singing history sentences...

Hubby is on a business trip... which means that I have to be "on" all the time... and this introvert needs her "quiet time"... but kiddo is missing Daddy and needs mama...
Old 04-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had the worst case of creativity block in the universe. I don't know if I can keep up with my CT commitments We're having a rough week with homeschooling because of all the appointments we've been going to to try and figure out what's wrong with Marcus and also getting the kids ready for part time public school next year ( art, gym and library)

Old 04-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I've had the worst case of creativity block in the universe. I don't know if I can keep up with my CT commitments We're having a rough week with homeschooling because of all the appointments we've been going to to try and figure out what's wrong with Marcus and also getting the kids ready for part time public school next year ( art, gym and library)
So you're definitely doing the part-time then? Cool! What do the kids think?
Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes, definitely doing it. They have been begging to go to public school for months now and I think that's the perfect in between. THey will be going for about an hour most days of the week and 2 hours one day of the week. They'll be put into a class and go with them to gym/art/library and they can also do lunch and recess if I want them to, though I doubt I'll ever have them do lunch over there. I really think it will be good for Marcus. He craves the social contact that I'm just too antisocial to provide for him. Plus, to get the private speech that we want for him, he has to have an IEP with the school system, so this is just the perfect balance between everything.

Jamesen is either going to love it or hate it, we'll see. He's a lot more like me in the sense that he'd rather sit at home than be out with people. I think it could be good for him to get out in small doses though, so we'll see how it goes. He gets stressed out easy with his SPD though, so I might just have to keep him home if it turns into a huge problem.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So exciting! You're probably ready for a bit of a break