Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom
Default boudoir session

OMG, ok so I have a friend that is a photographer and she runs these boudoir sessions. I decided I would go ahead and book one as I wanted to surprise my husband with it for our anniversary...However our anniversary has long since passed now but I still wanted to do it....But I am FREAKING OUT a bit about it today.....It's booked for next Monday!

Has anyone ever done one of these and if so do you have an tips on how to calm down!??!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I haven't done it cause I gots no one to give it to. But I think they are fabulous! Its your friend, so just relax and enjoy. Think about how excited your dh will be to get it. Remember to feel sexy, its sometimes hard, I know, but they will look awesome!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My sister just did one for her bff and the pics came out awesome...i think its suppose to be fun so just drink some wine and think of your hubby
Old 05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubby usually takes those kind of pictures himself
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
My hubby usually takes those kind of pictures himself
oh what a fun idea! I never thought about that!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just try to relax, wear something your feel comfortable in, have some good music with you that loosens you up some. If she's your friend, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've shot around 20 ladies for boudor sessions and they've all loved them and more importantly had so much fun doing it.

I'd also say, looks at some poses you'd like to try, check out Desiree Hayes for some ideas http://www.desireehayesphotography.com/blog/, she has posts on what to wear, etc.

I know some of the girls that I shot brought wine with them too, or a friend to calm their nerves.

Good luck!!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I'm guessing the photographer is a female. That normally helps. And just remember what you're doing them for and have fun. Drink a glass of wine to loosen up a bit. They will be worth it.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. I would love to do this for SO, but I don't know anyone to shoot them for me. I know some wine would help me a long way

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Just try to relax, wear something your feel comfortable in, have some good music with you that loosens you up some. If she's your friend, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'd also say, looks at some poses you'd like to try, check out Desiree Hayes for some ideas http://www.desireehayesphotography.com/blog/, she has posts on what to wear, etc.

I know some of the girls that I shot brought wine with them too, or a friend to calm their nerves.

Good luck!!
What ^ she said.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Listen to some music that will get you in a loose mood while driving their or if she's coming to you in your home. Def something to drink to loosen you up and remember it's for your love.... Have fun!!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Enjoy it! I love doing mine! I took a friend along and she had a shoot right after me. Even though we didn't see each other during the shoots, we could chat and relax a bit. Take a nice long bath or something that morning too so you are nice and relaxed. Listen to sexy music too!
Glam yourself up for it- do your hair and makeup a little bit more than you normally do, etc. I'd suggest buying a piece or two of new lingerie that you are comfortable in for the shoot. Matching underwear sets even look great. I also loved doing ones in DH's dress shirt too. Make sure the garments you wear prior to the shoot are loose and will not leave marks in your skin. High heels are an easy way to look and feel even sexier too.

I still love mine and would do a session again in a heartbeat. DH loooves the photos still 2 years later and I catch him looking at the minibook I had made quite often too.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooooh, how fun! I've never done one, but it does sound fun! Yeah, I would suggest some relaxing/sexy music (for me this would be Otis Redding, Percy Sledge, Ray LaMontagne, etc.) and definitely a glass of wine! Have fun!

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hheheh Thanks ladies... I will check out the site for sure! I bought a new lingerie piece that I am hoping will be perfect I tried it on at the store and it looked good so I am hoping it does. And yes my friend is a girl, no way I would have a man take these pics. It will be at my house in my bedroom and masterbath room areas. She has a lady she knows who will be coming too and doing my make up! It's at 9:30 in the am while our kids are at preschool so maybe a mimosa before the shoot. I am excited and nervous. The other nervous part is she wants to use some of them for her portfolio Eeek!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I LOVE the idea of a mimosa!!!and you will LOOK FABULOUS or she wouldn't want to add them to her portfolio
Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

bring changes of clothes. I brought three sets of lingerea, and a bottle of wine, and his ACU's. I did them when my husband deployed for his bday. They turned out great! He LOVES them. His favorite private pictures of me. I love several but don't like sharing them with others. My photographer was another Army wife and we just chatted and goofed around it went great! I would say to drink if your okay drinking that usually helps!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

@ Brittney, oh I am ok with drinking! LOL My gamer tag on xbox isn't WhiskeyWench for nothing. hehehe

I actually only have 1 piece of lingerie, the one I just purchased for this shoot. My husband doesn't really care for it he says its a "waste of time" lol how romantic eh?! Oh well, maybe I should go find a pretty satin robe or something too?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
@ Brittney, oh I am ok with drinking! LOL My gamer tag on xbox isn't WhiskeyWench for nothing. hehehe

I actually only have 1 piece of lingerie, the one I just purchased for this shoot. My husband doesn't really care for it he says its a "waste of time" lol how romantic eh?! Oh well, maybe I should go find a pretty satin robe or something too?
Even just a pretty set of matching bra & panties works great too. Something lacy or bold in color and in a great fabric looks great for this stuff too.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got Black, but its my favorite color and makes you look slimmer....right....right?!?!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A blanket placed to make you look like you're not wearing anything works well too. I have some fuzzy fabric I got at Joann's that I use for that and newborn shoots.

If you have a sports jersey and your hubby is crazy about, that would be another good outfit change.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Snag one of DH's button down shirts also, maybe a tie if he has one (this wouldn't work at my house, DH only wears T-shirts & never ever a tie)
Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had some done before our wedding in 2009 with my best friend. We booked a hotel room, brought multiple outfits and had a blast.
I brought:
* a fav sports team jersey and bought knee high sports socks. I wish I had thought to bring a football too.
* a cute little school girl skirt and white top with thigh highs
* a black lingerie mini dress
* a long white nightgown w/ a veil (for bridal shots)

If we had not both been driving there probably would have been some alcohol as well LOL!!

I also suggest looking online for some poses you are comfortable with that show off your assets. I also wish I had practiced making "sexy faces" because I feel like my face was the same with the multiple poses.

I went in with the attitude that my DH knows what I look like and likes it, even though I am nowhere near looking like a VS model.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah a bit worried about the "sexy" face look and most of the shots I am hoping for don't even show my face at all...I want a lot of Back shots and side profile....the from above with the long eye lahses look....I have never really felt like I have a "sexy" face so thats kinda scary for me.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I so want to do this for J. But I have Kennedy to thank for my wonderful figure and battle scares...aka incision scar and stretch marks. Maybe after I work out a bit then I'd have the courage to do this.

And maybe I'll just do them myself like I did my maternity pics. Hmmmm

I don't think I'm good at the "sexy" face.

Amber great ideas. Although I'd have issues with the sports jersey...J's fav team are the Browns and I'm a die-hard Steelers fan. It's a wonder we even get along sometimes lol. I'd have to wear my jersey and say oh well....lol
Old 05-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Holly oh man I am sooooo not fit or in shape at all and I have had 5 babies...It's quite scary for me.

Show me some "sexy" faces ladies so I can practice before Monday!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Holly oh man I am sooooo not fit or in shape at all and I have had 5 babies...It's quite scary for me.

Show me some "sexy" faces ladies so I can practice before Monday!
I'd say drop the "sexy face". One risks looking ridiculous when trying to "look sexy". At least in my opinion it doesn't work. Feeling relaxed and above things might be a better approach than taking it seriously. Just my two cents.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good point Adrianka!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Good point Adrianka!
Hehe, I just thought I mentioned it, because a believable sexy face is hard to pull off. :-)

I wish you luck! Hope you can enjoy the session (and the results). ;-)

Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kim, how did it actually end up? I was thinking about something atelier-photographyelated and suddenly remembered this thread, so I thought I'd ask. :-)

Old 06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm curious to know, too! I booked one for post-baby and paid the session fee already so I can't chicken out, thinking it may be the confidence boost I need!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I'm curious to know, too! I booked one for post-baby and paid the session fee already so I can't chicken out, thinking it may be the confidence boost I need!
Hehe. Don't forget to tell us how it went. :-)

BTW did you get your preggo photo session done? I think I can remember that you did the 3D ultrasound, but forgot about how you decided about the photos.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hehe, thanks for bumping this thread, girls. I just looked up a photographer in Prague, now I just need to find a friend or two who would do that with me, because it's cheaper.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomi View Post
Hehe, thanks for bumping this thread, girls. I just looked up a photographer in Prague, now I just need to find a friend or two who would do that with me, because it's cheaper.
It spreads like an infection. Never knew they did it here (read: SK/CZ world) as well, even though I see no reason why not, it just never occurred to me. :-)

I'm actually having a photo shoot as well, not a boudoir one, but a fashion one - will tell the story in a separate thread. Didn't want to blabber it out in advance, but I'm in a sharing mood, so there.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
Although I'd have issues with the sports jersey...J's fav team are the Browns and I'm a die-hard Steelers fan. It's a wonder we even get along sometimes lol. I'd have to wear my jersey and say oh well....lol
i'd have a problem w/that too..I CAN'T STAND the Browns!

gl kim! I'd never have the guts to do a shoot lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm going to be brave and try and shoot my own in a month or so. (need to tone up a bit)

I shot my own maternity pictures so I'm sure I could do boudoir too. lol
Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'll point Kim this direction.
Her photos are FABULOUS!

Penny
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hmlentz

I did one. But the photographer was a good friend and we had a "party" with other good friends. We were in one room doing nails, drinking wine (the part that helped the most), and having girly snacks and talking. One room was for getting dressed and choosing accessories and doing make up on each other. Then there was a seperate room where she took us and did the photos. I liked it this way much better. It was fun and we had a great time.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I have some fuzzy fabric I got at Joann's that I use for that and newborn shoots.
Sorry this just made me think that pics like these lead to the newborn shoots.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrw70 View Post
Sorry this just made me think that pics like these lead to the newborn shoots.
Bahahahahahahaha!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My session turned out Amazing!!! Seriously my photographer friend was awesome, the make-up girl did an incredible job and when I saw the pics I couldn't believe it was me! I never see myself as beautiful and these pics really did turn out beautiful. If anyone would like to see them just PM me and I will send you a link to see a few.

Also my husband LOVED THEM!!! He wants me to get one more pic blown up big to go with the other one I had done as a 16 X 24
Old 06-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Glad it went well, Kim! And glad you got to see how beautiful you are!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Glad to hear they turned out great!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad to hear it's worked for you so well, Kim. :-)

Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls, I sent the PM's out for those of you who asked so you can go check 'em out.