Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor! (SPOILERS AHEAD)

I'm going to bump this down a little just in case...

Sooo...what did you think of the big move this week? Good idea, bad idea or totally stupid idea?

I have to give Ozzy props for being willing to make a bold move but I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind it. Isn't it likely Christine would merge with them anyway? She has no loyalty to her old tribe and they don't seem like they'd want her back anyway.

I'm not sure I see the point in risking losing Ozzy, especially before Cochran. Plus what if Ozzy doesn't return and Cochran keeps the idol?

Oh and I have to say that Jack and Jill movie looks absolutely terrible. I'm not sure "Survivor Cinema" should really be considered a reward.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I can't believe he volunteered to go to RI...to me that was a stupid move for the exact reason you said. They've all seen Christine at RI challenges and they know she has no loyalty to her old tribe. I kinda think he wants the other tribe to see that he was voted out so he can try and get in good with them so that if he comes back with the merge then he can play both sides. Big risk, but it just might work.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I kinda think he wants the other tribe to see that he was voted out so he can try and get in good with them so that if he comes back with the merge then he can play both sides. Big risk, but it just might work.
Ooo, that'd be an interesting twist. I've never really thought he was truly a team player so it wouldn't surprise me if he did it to help himself only. Plus it definitely would help his case if he makes it to the final jury vote.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I respect how ballsy it is. And it gives the powers that be a chance to rig it, if they are so inclined. They know what his strengths are. It will be interesting to see what the challenge is. I wasn't loving him this season, but if he pulls this off I might have to start. I'm pretty sick of that girl, although I'm glad she ousted Mikayla last night because I like her even LESS. lol

I really don't like RI at all. It's stupid to have someone out there alone for weeks on end, and then if Ozzy wins, she doesn't even get to come back. Pretty lame, I think. I like them just being voted out and going home, end of story. At least Ozzy is making it interesting.

When he was like "I changed my mind, I'm going to let Cochran go to RI... nah just kidding", I died laughing. I also died laughing when Edna clocked herself on the obstacle, so clearly I'm very mature.

I could do without the prayer sessions every 5 minutes.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
I could do without the prayer sessions every 5 minutes.
LOL, me too. It was WAY over the top in this episode. Although I totally laughed at Brandon's reaction to finding the idol. Yes of course God found you the idol, it wasn't at all because Coach already had it before you all "prayed" for it.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope that move Ozzy pulled backfires on him. I hope Christine beats him and I hate her. But that was stupid and all "oh, look at me, I'm willing to take one for the team" - blech. I've never seen the seasons with Ozzy before, so he is like a new player to me and I'm not impressed. It will be hilarious if the merge isn't next and they lose the next challenge because of this.

And I think it's funny that he doesn't know Christine is planning on screwing her team if she gets back anyway. I can't remember when she said that at RI, but maybe whoever heard it didn't tell anyone and they are voted off? Wasn't it when she was battling Stacy? Or did Stacy say it?

I still have no one to root for - not loving this season in general. Hope it picks up at merge!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Brandon is the most emo ever. lol
Old 10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I think it was completely stupid for Ozzy to get himself voted off. It might work out, but then again, it might not. And, I don't think it's worth the risk at all. I kind of like Ozzy even though he's become really cocky, and part of me wants him to win on RI. But, another part of me wants him to lose so that he'll see what a boneheaded move he made. But, I guess if he wins, no one will be saying it was boneheaded. They'll say it was genius.

Yeah - all the praying in the other tribe is irritating. Brandon needs to get a grip. There IS a difference between lying and not blabbing everything you've ever known. He is quickly becoming a liability.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I hope that move Ozzy pulled backfires on him. I hope Christine beats him and I hate her. But that was stupid and all "oh, look at me, I'm willing to take one for the team" - blech. I've never seen the seasons with Ozzy before, so he is like a new player to me and I'm not impressed. It will be hilarious if the merge isn't next and they lose the next challenge because of this.

And I think it's funny that he doesn't know Christine is planning on screwing her team if she gets back anyway. I can't remember when she said that at RI, but maybe whoever heard it didn't tell anyone and they are voted off? Wasn't it when she was battling Stacy? Or did Stacy say it?

I still have no one to root for - not loving this season in general. Hope it picks up at merge!
I haven't seen Ozzy play before either but from what I've read his social game was never his strength. So it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow missed the fact that Christine doesn't get along with her tribe.

What I wonder is what is Ozzy's tribe's goal? Are they hoping Ozzy returns? Or did they see it as an easy way to keep Cochran around and possibly get rid of a strong player in Ozzy? I know nobody likes Cochran as part of the team but he'd be an asset after the merge since he hasn't done anything to warrant winning the game at this point. As long as there isn't another challenge before the merge, they're set.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I thought it was a dumb dumb move but if it works out then I guess the risk is paid off. I'm with Lynnette though. They already had Christine coming to them instead of her old tribe so why risk it IMO.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They can't be sure Christine is coming back into the game, either. If her next opponent isn't Ozzy, it will be someone else.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yah but if the merge isn't the next episode they will be screwed no matter what.

It wouldn't have mattered if Cochran had gone to RI instead of Ozzy..whomever won the next duel would be coming back to their tribe if the merge is coming up..unless they got bitter and flipped.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

last time the person came back before the merge didn't they?
i thought it was intersting - it may backfire on him OR like you said the producers might make them stand on a pole on one foot in the hot sun holding 5 lb weights in increments until someone falls LOL.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I think that was a dumb risky move! I give him credit for manning up and suggesting it though. I really hope it pays off and he wins at RI. I think they should have voted out Cochran because it technically was his fault they lost. UGH.

I don't think the merge is going to happen yet either so I think they may have just screwed themselves with that.

I think Christine would have gone with their tribe after the merge because her tribe voted her out first.

Oh and I to am over the prayer sessions every 2 seconds. I don't mind they praying here and there but the episode was overkill.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Does anyone else think that we, and the Savii team, may not have known just HOW much Cochran screwed up if JEFF hadn't been yelling it several times?? I think that was completely uncalled for. Who knows if it was also someone who was blindfolded who got tangled up while he was trying to hook up the next person. But since Jeff kept yelling about how much Cochran was screwing up his team, they all went along with that.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
Does anyone else think that we, and the Savii team, may not have known just HOW much Cochran screwed up if JEFF hadn't been yelling it several times?? I think that was completely uncalled for. Who knows if it was also someone who was blindfolded who got tangled up while he was trying to hook up the next person. But since Jeff kept yelling about how much Cochran was screwing up his team, they all went along with that.
Yes. I thought this same thing while I was watching the episode. Everyone else was blindfolded. They obviously would have known there was a problem because they WERE all tangled up, but they wouldn't necessarily have pinned it all on Cochran if Jeff hadn't been yelling that at them the whole time. Not really fair to Cochran, I'd say.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind praying but I think praying to win a game or find an idol at Survivor is a silly thing to pray for. I think that is why it bugs me.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
I don't mind praying but I think praying to win a game or find an idol at Survivor is a silly thing to pray for. I think that is why it bugs me.
Yes. And, it is quite disingenuous for Coach to be praying about the idol when he knows he already has it. I think a lot of his religiousness (is that a word?) is for show.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, just when we were saying that is this season was kinda boring. It is nice to see some bold moves, but this one seems kinda stupid to me.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ITA that praying to win challenges and find the idol is a bit ridiculous.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really know what Ozzy's real goal is. 2 weeks ago he hated everyone on his tribe when they voted off whats-her-name so I'm not sure there's much loyalty there..but then again..the safer thing he could have done would just be vote off Cochran and then flip at the merge and then he'd still have numbers. IDK...maybe he really does just want to make a big move and prove he's a good player. He was really starting to annoy me the season so hopefully he'll redeem himself lol

Genuine prayers do not annoy me...but I have a hard time believing Coach is genuinely praying and as a Christian that annoys me..I think I did up until the point when he prayed for the idol he already had..but I'm pretty sure God frowns on lying during your prayers. I think Brandon is genuine and just really really naive.

I didn't like Christine at first but she's a fighter for sure so you can't help but root for her a little bit. How crazy would it be if she beats Ozzy?!

And it was hard to take Ozzy's (second) temper tantrum seriously with those little house on the prairie braids lol.

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 10-28-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
And it was hard to take Ozzy's (second) temper tantrum seriously with those little house on the prairie braids lol.
hahahha

he was MAAAAAAD but it was so funny

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
hahahha

he was MAAAAAAD but it was so funny
My husband was laughing so hard, he said "how can anyone take that guy seriously like THAT!"