Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry Problems with Making Memories Cutter

So, as you might remember, I treated myself with ordering this machine. It arrived on Monday. Yesterday I tried it, following the instructions to the letter. It cut 2 flowers nicely, after that, the blade no longer cut through the paper... I tried to "home" it, but all I get is an error. I replaced the blade (even though it's ridiculous it should go wrong after TWO flowers cut from a 200g paper), but it's all the same. I can see that I can still adjust the pressure, but still, after two flowers, it seems weird to have a problem.

Do you have some experience with this? I'm thinking of returning it and forgetting about machines - scissors and a crafts knife might be, after all, the best solution, and it's nice to do something with your hands (that's why I chose this cutter, seemed less computer-dependent than the Silhouette).

Still I'm not sure if they will give me back my money, and it was a considerable sum, I have to say.

Last edited by adrianka; 05-19-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thats too bad!! Was it the Slice that you bought? I haven't heard much about the Slice and how well it works... I hope they can do something for you!!

When I was paper scrapping, I occasionally had something wrong with my MM tools... they always had AMAZING customer service, and would send me a replacement of the product that was faulty along with a bunch of goodies. Seriously, probably $50 of goodies as an apology... it was amazing.

I hope they are still that diligent and take good care of you!

Huge fan of:

Old 05-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=466773

Try looking here, there is a lot of info on the slice in this post,
Old 05-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww Helen, that just sucks. I LOVE my silhouette, I've had it over a year and still haven't had to replace the blade and have had no problems with the cuts at all.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It sucks big time. Yesterday I made some attempts to improve the situation and there might be some hope after all. Will continue trying, if it doesn't work, I'll return it.

The reason why I chose the Slice was that it isn't computer-dependent, but maybe I made a mistake. Let's see what happens.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There is definitely some good onformation on the SCS site that Yvette posted. So definitely go have a look over there. It seems that there is an upgrade that might help you. Definitely worth looking into. I hope it all works out for you.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Helen - before you return it, send an email to MM... you'll probably get some helpful tips, and even free goodies (if they ship overseas)!

Huge fan of:

Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everybody for your advice.

I'll definitely register the Slice and will write to MM.

I've managed to improve something, but it's still not perfect, so I'm more hopeful now, but I still need advice.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

I just hope it will work fine for you. You deserve it!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, in the end I decided not to return the slice. I was even able to make a project with it - see here and here.

Still, it doesn't seem to be the perfect tool I hoped it to be. I guess the Silhouette might be that perfect tool, only if it wasn't PC-dependent! On the other hand, it's the very fact that it IS PC-dependent which makes it as versatile as it is, n'est-ce pas?

My reason for not liking a PC-dependent machine -- when I do crafts I like to do things manually, and while hybrid is cool, the part when I prepare things in the PC is my least favourite one. I'm a Photoshop-addict, but with crafts I like to use my hands, not a screen.

Still, I will have to give this a lot of thought, even though I'll have to wait before making such an investment as the Silhouette requires...

Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The thing with the Silhouette SD is that it's not quite as pc dependent as you think it is. Yes, you have have to download the cut files and move them to an SD card, but you do not have to have the machine plugged into the pc. Mine is actually never plugged into the pc. I would suggest you definitely give it a little more thought.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWolf View Post
The thing with the Silhouette SD is that it's not quite as pc dependent as you think it is. Yes, you have have to download the cut files and move them to an SD card, but you do not have to have the machine plugged into the pc. Mine is actually never plugged into the pc. I would suggest you definitely give it a little more thought.
OMG, had I known that, I would have gone straight for the Silhouette! Silly, silly me!!!

I don't mind the loading part, as long as it doesn't have to be plugged in...

Question is, if can I still return the MM Slice...

THANKS A LOT.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck...I hope you can still return the Slice.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It turns out I can't return it, but I'll think of something. This will teach me to think before acting next time, won't it. :-)

There are 3 possibilities:

1. Trying to sell it on EBay.

2. Giving it for Christmas to a friend who's doing paper cards (and pretending it wasn't as expensive as it was).

3. Keeping both the Slice and the Silhouette, there are worse things that can happen in life and I've already lost money in even less meaningful ways. And I could always take the Slice to Slovakia (I live in Luxembourg, but come from Slovakia) and have it there as a "vacation" cutter.

Last edited by adrianka; 05-28-2010 at 05:02 PM.