Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default A Week in the Life

So A Week in the Life starts up on next Monday. Does anyone want to share some ideas/tips that you've done in the past that you found to be helpful? What about sharing previous years layouts?

I downloaded the sheets (with the times on them) for each day last year from Ali's website but found them to be a pain in the butt. I would rather just take the photos then go back & fill in the details from memory. I am planning on keeping a notebook open so if my kids saying something funny or sweet I can write it down.

My layouts from last year aren't the best and I completely forgot a whole day. But I did capture my daughter's first hospitalization.

I think I'm going to use Traci's AWITL templates & kit again like I did last year. I really love the kit and like that my pages are all similar.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to sit down over the weekend and map out a tentative plan of my week. That way I kind of know which shots I want to remember to get each day (ie. groceries on Tuesday, DH making coffee on Sunday) in addition to all the candid shots.

I did it with December Daily and found it to be very helpful.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The biggest advise to give is take lots of pictures and lots of notes. It was easier for me to make my pages when I had a selection to choose from. Some of my favorite pictures were of THINGS......like the pile of laundry, stack of dishes, ingredients from a meal I was making, ect. Notes are the biggest deal though. I did print off Aly's forms last year. I liked them because they kept me on track.

Also.........Traci's 10,080 kit, templates, and extras are a GREAT thing to use. I also like Nettio's templates based off her book from last year. And..........there maybe some more AWITL type stuffs this weekend. Just saying.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I printed of Ali's time sheets last year because we were on vacation... I just spent every evening and morning filling them out from memory and loved the favorite moments part of it... that was my favorite part of my pages last year was recording everyone's favorite moments from each day. I didn't use everything on the time sheets but it did help me narrow down what I wanted to say and there were little details that I probably would have forgotten if I hadn't taken the time every day to record those moments... like funny things the kids said and stuff like that...

I plan on making it similar to Lynnette's but adding the Slip Ins from Traci because I just love that page protector look
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I took the pics last year, but never got around to scrap them. This year, I really want to work on this. I already have Traci's 10,080 kit, templates and slip-ins. I might start working on making quickpage kind of LOs right now, so that all I'll have to do is add photos and journaling. At least start the list of photos, info I want to include in my book. This will be a good start.

I've been going thru Lynette's book and other examples and picking out what I want to include in my book. LOTS of great ideas/inspirations from those LOs!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just focused on taking pictures last time. i did go back and look at my facebook status's to get some info. I ended up just used Becky Higgins shutterfly book to get mine printed.

I also didn't use my Rebel ... I used my iphone and my pocket p&s last time.

I am going to try and remember to make notes in my iphone this year.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved the sheets from Ali last year and have already printed them out for this year. I took tons of photos. And I've finished one page. If all I do is print out photos and put them in page protectors next to my journaling, it's still a record of that week in our lives, so I'm not going to stress about it.

I'm addicted to everyday-life style scrapbook kits so I hope there are a bunch this week!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My one regret from last year was not taking more notes. I had the same thought, that I would remember, but it took some time before I finished my book and so I didn't remember as many details as I thought I would. It turned out fine but I do think notes are helpful.

I'm thinking this year I may use a combination of maybe Ali's sheets and Evernote on my phone for when I'm on the go. Just depends on what I decide I want to capture this time around.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, I'm pretty much "lifting" Lynnette's album ideas using her templates (because I have a total scrap-crush on her).

Buttttttt... I have to wait until the week after all of you are doing it. I want to capture a "normal" week in our lives, and next week we will be out of town almost all week to see my grandfather (he was given only 6 months to live). Anyway, I don't feel like a week where we're gone 4 days accurately displays a "normal" week in our lives, so I'm doing it the following week... I'm not trying to capture a perfect week or even a perfect house or anything else- I just want a week that we're home, and not really away for four full days, kwim?

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think it is about capturing a "normal week" because that isn't what mine was last year. Last year I had a newborn and the kids were gone for the summer. I was only working half days at the office so I had time to do other things. This year I will be working and all 3 kids will be home.

I think capturing this last visit in an WITL would be special. I have a hard time remembering the things I did with my grandma during the last visit before she was hospitalized.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1279 View Post
I don't think it is about capturing a "normal week" because that isn't what mine was last year. Last year I had a newborn and the kids were gone for the summer. I was only working half days at the office so I had time to do other things. This year I will be working and all 3 kids will be home.

I think capturing this last visit in an WITL would be special. I have a hard time remembering the things I did with my grandma during the last visit before she was hospitalized.
I plan on capturing every detail I can of the week, definitely, but with Zach, I'd really like to capture what a normal week is for him at the age he's at now, so I can repeat it again later and capture that then. That's more my reasoning for doing a "normal week," so to speak... because I want HIM to be able to look back and see what every day life was at home for him...

I do plan on documenting our time with my grandfather, though, because I think that will be very important to my whole family.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The one thing I did that really helped last year was scrapped it the next night. I got it all done on time and was thrilled with the end result! It was hard to do it every night but for only a week I stuck with it
Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great idea, Tanyia... and as you are scrapping it the next day be sure to add that to what you're doing for that day.

I'm still debating on next week or a few weeks out.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's a good blog entry on taking every day pictures. Some good ideas!

http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden...ay-photos.html
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What helped me last year was unloading the photos and editing them at night, and then writing down my notes. This year I'll only be using my iPhone camera for pics, so i'm toying with the idea of using Instagram, or at least making all my photos square
Old 04-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Lex...you're going to LOVE what I just posted for ya. I'm going all instagram this year so I made me a product for it
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
Lex...you're going to LOVE what I just posted for ya. I'm going all instagram this year so I made me a product for it
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I just saw!! I could kiss you!!!