Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current pet peeve...

I wish people would stop using Facebook as Pinterest. Dude. Share to save for later stuff is really annoying me tonight. All the recipes littering the feed... Grr.

What's your latest pet peeve?

Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

people complaining about using facebook as pinterest.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

kidding hahaha sorry lol don't hit me
Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
kidding hahaha sorry lol don't hit me
Hahahaha!

*smack*

Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I really have lots of pet-peeves. They don't really change

I wish gum wasn't invented that is how much gum smacking drives me nuts.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

hahaha kcb is feisty tonight!!

My pet peeve today isn't really true a "pet peeve," but I'm so irked by it that I'm going to share. i am SO sick of lousy customer service. I actually hung up on a CSR for a company I called today because he was making me so mad. I couldn't even form words to speak to the man. Then tonight, we were at the mall and ran into a store manned by a teenage girl who had NO business being in charge of a retail establishment. She was SO rude, didn't have a clue what she was doing, and made it clear that we were bothering her.

So yeah, I'm over customer service types today. LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh wow that would have made me soo mad, libby!!

That actually does remind me of my current pet peeve! For a MONTH at least once a week we have been getting a call from the people who try to scam you out of money and wreck your computer. I don't know if these calls happen as much in the states but they call from india with a private number and say they are from microsoft and try to get you to give them access to your computer and they'll "fix" what is wrong. Every time I tell them to stop calling or just hang up but yesterday i got SO SO mad and started yelling at the guy and I told him that I hope he sleeps well at night when he knows he is scamming people out of money. I was so close to swearing at him!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh Kristin, I'd get a whistle and blow it into the phone REALLY loud next time they call.

My pet peeve at the moment is the neighbours dog. He barks every morning, from the moment his owner goes to work (6.15am) till the sun rises 20 or 30 minutes later. Drives. Me. Crazy. Especially because we don't actually have to be awake till 7am.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The facebook-as-pinterest thing drives me batty as a blogger. Several of my blogger friends (and myself) have been really negatively impacted by the trend of pages posting those things.

On Pinterest, when they pin, it links to our blog post most of the time, and we are able to continue getting views and credit for our creations. On Facebook, pages will post the full text of the recipe, and often share OUR photos-- with watermarks cropped out. Views have dropped, which in turn makes it harder for us to make a living. It really has caused problems and made business a little bit more difficult (especially when so much of our business depends on pageviews).

As for gum smacking, I about turned into people smacking because a gum smacker at church was sitting behind me and LOUDLY smacking during prayer. I wasn't the only one irritated. My lack of focus (due to the smacking) made me peek around, and MANY glares were thrown her way. I know that we should all be more patient, especially with church, but Lord help me, the gum smacking is one thing I can hardly handle.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Uppity people who think that they are always right. I work in a social work setting and I have had about my fill of people who don't take responsibility for their own actions and instead choose to blame those who are trying to help you. Seriously, it makes me sick. That and people who lie and take credit for other people's work.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I have my cell phone on the do-not-call list, but there is this one phone number that calls me several times a week anyway. A month ago, this number called and I told him that I'm on the do-not-call list and he laughed at me. Laughed! Now I think I'm on this guy's torment list because he calls and hangs up several times a week. Today, after his latest call, I looked online and found that I can block 5 phone numbers for free. So, hoping I can forget about this guy now! Anyway, my pet peeve is marketers calling even if you are on the do-not-call list.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

People who continue to text while driving when they see the danger it carries.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

irresponsible pet owners... grrrr. and all things cell phone related[texting &/or talking] while driving always gets my back up.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That actually does remind me of my current pet peeve! For a MONTH at least once a week we have been getting a call from the people who try to scam you out of money and wreck your computer. I don't know if these calls happen as much in the states but they call from india with a private number and say they are from microsoft and try to get you to give them access to your computer and they'll "fix" what is wrong. Every time I tell them to stop calling or just hang up but yesterday i got SO SO mad and started yelling at the guy and I told him that I hope he sleeps well at night when he knows he is scamming people out of money. I was so close to swearing at him!
This happens a lot here too I do what Jacinda suggested and blow a whistle down the phone at them, or sometimes ask them to wait a sec while I turn on the computer, then just leave the phone down and walk away....they eventually get bored and hang up

Hmmm, my pet peeve never changes. It's just people in general really
Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I wish people would stop using Facebook as Pinterest. Dude. Share to save for later stuff is really annoying me tonight. All the recipes littering the feed... Grr.

I am so tired of people "sharing to save.". Hugely annoying! So much more annoying than game requests that could be turned off!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
The facebook-as-pinterest thing drives me batty as a blogger. Several of my blogger friends (and myself) have been really negatively impacted by the trend of pages posting those things.

On Pinterest, when they pin, it links to our blog post most of the time, and we are able to continue getting views and credit for our creations. On Facebook, pages will post the full text of the recipe, and often share OUR photos-- with watermarks cropped out. Views have dropped, which in turn makes it harder for us to make a living. It really has caused problems and made business a little bit more difficult (especially when so much of our business depends on pageviews)..
Hey, I might would read your blog if you linked to in your siggie or something...

My pet peeve is jeepney drivers. They drive right over the middle of the dotted line between two lanes so that 1) they can get over in the right lane if people want to get on or off but 2) they can avoid actually driving in the right lane because other jeepneys are pulled over in that lane.

So they just TAKE UP TWO LANES, and I swear on my life the first thing I would do if I was the boss of Manila is put jeepney drivers in jail for this behavior & refuse to feed or clothe them. I would establish DROP OFF/PICK UP points for jeepney passengers, and if anyone was caught randomly dropping someone off on the side of the road in a non-approved spot, off to jail with no food or clothes.

I feel pretty certain we could clear up the awful traffic in this town in NO TIME if they'd just let me be the boss.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate people using facebook as pinterest
people who repost crap without checking snopes
people who share shit constantly wanting me to like this page
people who constantly post political crap
people who update their status 4028098728075205402395489234 times a day with the stupidest shit
people who vaguebook all the damn time.

maybe my pet peeve is just people right now?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I totally agree! I really hope it's just a trend that will fade away. If I see a recipe or something I like, I copy it and save it, I don't share it.

I have so many pet peeves.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
I hate people using facebook as pinterest
people who repost crap without checking snopes
people who share shit constantly wanting me to like this page
people who constantly post political crap
people who update their status 4028098728075205402395489234 times a day with the stupidest shit
people who vaguebook all the damn time.

maybe my pet peeve is just people right now?
Nope, this is all quite reasonable!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

as if sharing to save really works? It's not like you can really do a search in your own feed for it, and unless you never post anything else, ever, it is a bugger to scroll through your feed to find something from 2 month ago. My MIL complain about it all the time to, reminding people to stop putting it on her wall (as if they target her specifically - she hasn't quite gotten how FB works, yet, after 3 years). Yet, she shares them all the time, too lol drives me bonkers.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, it would probably save time for me to list the things that DON'T bother me but I will say lately I have had a LOT of driving pet peeves.

ESPECIALLY, when I am driving across town on the 3-lane highway, and someone in front of me is going slow so I naturally move to the left lane to pass them (because I just set my cruise & go, so I don't speed up to pass them or anything!!) and then they SPEED UP! Ughhhh. So I move back over and they slow down again. I'm not sure what about my Honda Odyssey is giving the impression that I'm a speed racer, but I really just want to set my cruise control, not race everyone on the dang road!!

Deep cleansing breath. Road construction season causes a whole slew of other peeves for me while driving.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am all sunshines and rainbows, I don't have any pet peeves! Ha, ha
Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I am all sunshines and rainbows, I don't have any pet peeves! Ha, ha
I am assuming you are serious, because I am honestly usually like this too! I think its just that time of the month making me irate. LOL!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kids' sleep. People told me all the time that once they are down to one nap you get 3 blissful hour every day. Total lie when it comes to my kids, and if they do sleep that long then we are up for a long night of kids not sleeping. I wish they would have just told me it was he!! so that I wouldn't have had any expectations at all.

Can you tell it's quiet/nap time?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The parents in the school drop-off line. There is a long sidewalk running along the front of the school and you are supposed to pull all the way up to the front to drop off (so others can pull in and drop off behind you). But some people insist on stopping at the very end (closest to where the kids enter the school) so that their delicate little darlings won't have to walk an "exhausting" extra few steps. Is this really sending the right message to kids to (a) just do whatever is selfishly most convenient to you at the expense of everyone else in line behind you and (b) move as little as humanly possible at every opportunity?

You can see it's been one of those mornings.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Poor grammar and people who spell my name with a c
Old 08-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

All the "suggested likes" pages on my feed. I don't even know if there is a way to get to go away or not, but I hate seeing them.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

people.

period.

especially ones who run their mouths without knowing facts

Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For some reason it REALLY irritates me when people post "if you love Jesus you'll share this, but I know you won't", or "Share this if you love your Mom" etc. Dude, I don't need to share a meme on a facebook wall to declare my love for someone, and you telling me you know I won't do it doesn't make me change my mind.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Facebook in general! I don't even like using it anymore.
My husband has some habits that are becoming pet peeves.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

All these Facebook ones are so true!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That bugs me too! People don't realize they can "share" it, but have it set so only they can see it! That's what I do to the recipes I want to keep.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

"Pin now, read later!!"
I want to punch the computer each time I read that line. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 08-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

But seriously lately it's just been people that bug me. Especially people on Facebook. Lately there have been many days that I've had to just walk away from Facebook so that I don't start going off on certain people. If you're going to argue with me about something, your argument better be more than just "Well *I* think it's nasty/weird/dangerous." Especially if you're arguing with me about something that I do and no one invited you to the conversation anyway.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
oh wow that would have made me soo mad, libby!!

This one reminds me of the call I got from a strange phone number. Caller claimed he was from Microsoft and that they detected a virus in my computer so he called to help me remove it. Said it'll cost me a few bucks but at least, my computer would be working properly again. But I knew it was a bluff right away. Why wouldn't I? I don't have a Windows computer. I got a Mac.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I reported the call to http://www.callercenter.com and posted the phone number there to raise a warning. It's got a 206 area code.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's Friday night here. That means I know I'll wake up to my neighbor's mowing the grass at 7:00 am. Yep, on a Saturday... I know it's hot here but really... 7:00 am
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciahall View Post
It's Friday night here. That means I know I'll wake up to my neighbor's mowing the grass at 7:00 am. Yep, on a Saturday... I know it's hot here but really... 7:00 am
I'm so with you on this on... I don't care how hot it is, 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday is unacceptable in my book! I always get irritated because I get woken up by the lawn service my neighbor is paying for Why would you pay someone to mow your grass at an ungodly hour on the weekend?? I just don't get it.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am one who shares things that catch my eye on facebook. Simple reason... my husband follows my facebook posts. He doesn't look at what I post on Pinterest. When I see a recipe I think he'd like I'll share it so he can cook it. Several friends and family members always end up reposting the ones I share, so I know not everyone is bothered by them. Also, I get totally freakin' overwhelmed every time I go on to Pinerest. I have a zillion different boards with about 10 zillion different pins and I can never find what I want when I want it. My pins are unorganized because it is so hard to go from category to category in the app I use on my tablet. I just put everything that catches my eye in one category now and I can never find anything. I pin everything I like. I only share things I want to make ASAP.

Anyway, I have way too many pet peeves right now. LOL
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Local government officials who change up traffic ordinances or bus/jeep stops suddenly, with no warning. Seriously. I always feel like telling them to do a typical daily commute so THEY can see how freaking horrible commuting in Manila is.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My current one... When I go through a drive-thru to get a diet coke and they hand the cup to me with coke all down the sides. Seriously it takes what, 6 seconds to wipe the cup off before you hand it to me?? I always ask for a napkin and wipe it off in front of them. Otherwise my cup holder gets all nasty and sticky.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am assuming you are serious, because I am honestly usually like this too! I think its just that time of the month making me irate. LOL!
I wish I were more like you in that regard, but I admit my statement was made in jest. Not to say that I'm normally clouds and thunderstorms, but as I've aged, I've become more critical ... and with that, my threshold for annoyance has been lowered. I have to conscientiously stop myself from being that way. I guess it's good that I have some self-awareness about it, but it still is what it is.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

People who sign up on a carpool list and say they can't drive Or pick-up, ever.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
hahaha kcb is feisty tonight!!

My pet peeve today isn't really true a "pet peeve," but I'm so irked by it that I'm going to share. i am SO sick of lousy customer service. I actually hung up on a CSR for a company I called today because he was making me so mad. I couldn't even form words to speak to the man. Then tonight, we were at the mall and ran into a store manned by a teenage girl who had NO business being in charge of a retail establishment. She was SO rude, didn't have a clue what she was doing, and made it clear that we were bothering her.

So yeah, I'm over customer service types today. LOL
Customer service from LG. LIfe is NOT good with LG. If are looking to buy something DO NOT buy from LG. Their customer service is HORRIBLE! When you call their 1800 #, you are taken overseas where no one speaks English without a strong accent. It was so bad this last time that I POLITELY asked if I could speak to someone else without an accent. Every question he asked me, I had to ask "what?" "say that again" "I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying". His response to my question????? He hung up on me. I have no words for how horrible LG's customer service is.

this is after fighting LG to return our first washer and dryer because it didn't work The manager of Fry's Electronic (where we bought it) was speechless over the treatment I received. He actually had me talk to them while I was on speaker phone on his phone. He could.not get over how rude they were.

Sears has stopped carrying LG for that reason.

Sooo, my pet peeve? LG.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Hashtags on facebook drive me unreasonably insane. It's so annoying. Leave it on twitter.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now it would be parents who think their kids are angelic and you otherwise....clearly a disconnect that I can never understand!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ignorant and insensitive people drive me mental..., until I had Jack I wasn't aware how many there were in the world, but it seems everytime we go out someone has something to say or a disapproving look...

Jack is four and he's autistic, he doesn't speak but sings and babbles loudly, puts his hands over his ears to block out stimulus, and in worse cases when very upset or troubled he screams and flaps his arms, or when excited he squints and has motor twitches.

Yet we have had people ask if we can't control him, told us that we shouldn't bring him out if he's not "normal", stand in front of us in the supermarket with their hands over their ears....honestly the depth of ignorance is astounding.

When we mentioned this to his school teachers recently, they suggested we get him a T Shirt with "I am Autistic" printed on it, so people would know why he acts the way he does...

I couldn't help it, I said so where are the T shirts saying "I am an ignorant cretin"...

Now I just ignore these people, they deserve neither my time or attention, however I do despair sometimes at what the world seems to be coming to....

Sarah

Last edited by SinisterPink; 08-28-2013 at 12:18 AM.